Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
[eBay]Lotus Excel 2.2 SE - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

[eBay]Lotus Excel 2.2 SE

ebay

• Gold FFM

Thats a pretty good price.

Does anyone know the car on the link I am posting. A friend is interested in her and is asking for info/local knowledge or if someone can go look at her for me.

http://www.clickcars.co.uk/FullAdDetails.aspx~AdRef~CE13588520

I didn't have a problem with the clickcars link. The same car is advertised elsewhere as well: http://www.friday-ad.co.uk/kent-gillingham/cars/lotus-eclat-1979-14457806/

She does look tempting...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

If you check the database (like I did), the last MOT is from 2014... I think the car has been relisted a couple of times due to not selling. 

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

That car has been for sale for a very long time. It's been advertised in all the usual places many times. :) 

It's getting there......

It used to belong to a guy on Northway Penenden heath  Maidstone. He had it for years along with some other classics. He sold it 2-3 years back and it popped up I think at this dealer and has been there ever since.  I only saw it passing and don't know the owner.

Thanks for the info Bibs! Strange it seems to keep popping up on several sites...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd seen that, but it's the "BEEN STOOD FOR 11 YEARS" and "NEEDS RE COMMISSIONING, ENGINE TURNS, BUT WON'T FIRE" bit worries me.

However, it is close to me, and if still up for sale in April, I might go and have a look at it.

• Like 1

Nothing Gerald hasn't seen before. Swap interiors [make yours more sellable] 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I considered this one, but was also put off by the potential problems with the engine after 11 years. I agree it should be saved, but getting it sorted will require some time, effort and money.

I got a much better deal with Graham's car, also via Excelnet. Can't wait to get her on the road! :)

Filip

@eclat22 - Thanks Dan. I think I'd read that when it was posted, but hadn't matched it to this one on here.

I think I'm going to go the retro fit route for the air-con.

Good write up by that fellow, and  yes very worrying about the lack of compression and the footwells full of water !   Just  ashame the owner could not put a cheap car cover over it :(   Sounds like it may end up in bits :(

A