Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SE High Wing C Service - Page 4 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

SE High Wing C Service

Sparky

6 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Peter,  Plenty of cars out there out still like this condtion, sadly a few years ago many had been purchased because the esprit used to be cheap to buy secondhand and lots of people used to run them without doing anything on them and bodge certain things, this of course did not help the lotus esprits reputation,  as they are in fact well behaved cars if looked after.   

Very sad that as you say this car ahs been serviced etc before,  your lesson has been learnt not to go back to those places !  However it has been known for people to stamp service books with their own rubber stamps that they have got hold of, or had made !  

At least its good hands now and you will get a well sorted car back when sparky has worked his magic. 

I think its a beutiful looking esprit,  I normally hate the high wings to be honest but had never seen one in silver before until i read thi thread,  The high wing model looks great in silver , Its a rare car and well worth the effort that is been put into it,  All the work is now well documented so if you choose to keep it or sell her on afterwards it should give you the rewards of reliabilty and a finacial reward also if you chose to sell :)

Thanks for that.  I have to say I'm really happy to have Sparky looking at it, about time someone who knew what they were doing had a go :-)  Cheers.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well the car looks great on the outside Peter and i can certainly vouch for the Sparkster and have worked with him on a few occasions now. Your in good hands :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

Awww, shucks.

But yeah, I got wood.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Contents of RH tank swirl pot:

IMAG0056.jpg

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

That's exactly what it's like - wet coffee grounds.  Arabica, I believe.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

IMAG0063.jpg

Most if it seems to be coming from the other side of the baffle.

The thing is the tanks look decent from the inside in some places I know the outside they are trashed and not far of holeing , is it just rust or some other form of strange  muck  :ermm:

A

• Gold FFM

Probably never run again after all the fixes.

BTW your cuppa's cold.

• Gold FFM

Yeah, irritate me with the McLaren, there's a good chap.

Edited by Sparky

Hope it hasn't got a Honda engine in it. Might take him 4 weeks to get there if at all :lol:

• Like 1

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Still awaiting tanks, so decided to start tidying everything up.  Spent 2 hours removing half a gallon of silicon from the towers and plenum.  The surfaces look like the previous visitor had cleaned them with a garden rake and a chisel.  Finally got it all off and lightly dressed the surfaces with 1500 grit.  The curious stud in the plenum will probably remain there (it's resisted several attempts to remove) as a replacement bolt would still need a nut or helicoil.  Not sure yet.

IMAG0096 (1).jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, really appreciate it.  Any news on the tanks, they've been a bit more than two weeks!  If it gets to May we could have had the nice ones :-)  Hope everything else is OK if you know what I mean, just let me know when you find the next expensive issue.  Cheers.

• Gold FFM

Pete, I had no idea how much time had passed; as you know, there have been some distractions!  Plenty of preparation to keep me busy before the tanks arrive. I expect them this week.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I do love looking at big lumps of silicone, @Sparky has been getting on with getting it off, though I prefer the silicon you get off on getting it on.

The PO's over enthusiastic use of silicon in this case could have easily destroyed this engine, see how the inner overspill has hardened in lumps above the oil galleries, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what might have happened if one of these lumps had got dislodged and sucked into the oilways.

I love this thread. It has this inherent quality that rouses morbid fascination - kind of like watching a trainwreck unfold in slow motion.

Get that bloody stud out though! Perfect excuse to buy an induction heater and get it out with a stud extractor! :D:D:D Can you convince the owner to cough up for a Mini Ductor?

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8