Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How to clear fault codes? - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

How to clear fault codes?

Could anyone tell me, are fault codes latching in other words they sustain until cleared by a full ECU reset or are they cleared on every engine restart and will therefore only reappear whilst the fault still exists?

I'm working my way through a code 26b problem.

Thanks in advance.

Duncan

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Like he says - you have to clear them with a pc or a tool. 

The cel light though I believe can go out if the error disappears and a quantity of good starts have occurred ?? I'm sure I have read that one somewhere 

Only here once

Faults are also cleared by leaving the ECM without power for some time, but then you'll also lose the adaptive values and the ECM will take some time to relearn.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Three ways to clear them.

1 - disconnect the ECM from the battery, but you will also lose the "learning" parameters.

2 - with freescan or espritmon.

3 - After 50 "clean" starts (i.e. no (new) errors while running) the codes are reset. (this is for a SE and a S4S AFAIK) 

Esprit Freak