Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Other Evora Aftermarket Exhaust - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Other Evora Aftermarket Exhaust

So after waiting for more than 4 months of my 2bular order I canceled.

Can anybody recommend other aftermarket exhaust besides than larini and plack

I really wanted the 2bular but it takes forever to get one

thanks

There are not many options. Do you want it for sound or for performance? The only other real option IMO is the Komotec full system, but its not loud if loud is what you are after. Could you not just get one manufactured by an exhuast custom shop (there are lots of them about) - or just get them to modify your standard exhuast. Essentially you want a straight through pipe (with diameter to match) when in sports mode if you are after the 2bular sound. 

8 hours ago, bosshog said:

There are not many options. Do you want it for sound or for performance? The only other real option IMO is the Komotec full system, but its not loud if loud is what you are after.

I want both:lol: ...

I was comparing the price between a full 2bular and the komotec EV300 and they are almost the same

How "Silent" is the Komotec exhaust does anybody have them ?

The komotec is not so quiet , in fact it is at the limit for track day use.

it is really melodic when you change rpm from bass sound to sport motorbike .

the main drawback is on highway at fix rpm were it become loud and monotone.( no valve )

i have one since 2011 without problem except maybe getting a bit louder .

if you install one , take care of the running of electrical connection extention for lambda sensors , if the are too close from exhaust , they may get burned and cause short circuit of the sensors .since routing has been done according rules everything is perfect.

Hi Charles,

Check out  www.simplysportscars.com They have a lightweight straight pipe muffler exhaust for the Evora

that saves 13.2kg. I don't know about any power gains and I have no experience with this system. It looks

like a quality product and there a favorable exchange rate AUD$/USD

9 hours ago, SCARRION said:

The komotec is not so quiet , in fact it is at the limit for track day use.

it is really melodic when you change rpm from bass sound to sport motorbike .

the main drawback is on highway at fix rpm were it become loud and monotone.( no valve )

i have one since 2011 without problem except maybe getting a bit louder .

if you install one , take care of the running of electrical connection extention for lambda sensors , if the are too close from exhaust , they may get burned and cause short circuit of the sensors .since routing has been done according rules everything is perfect.

Yes. Also the  Komotec Ev300 is a COMPLETE system upgrade with a tune

so this might be a better deal.....

Edited by phenoyz

• 1 year later...

well i am tempted again to buy a full 2bular exhaust for my

'14 (NA)... headers & exhaust.....

should I get the NON-VALVED ? its cheaper...also if i get the NON valved does it mean the sport button will always be turned ON?

opinions ...Thanks

Edited by phenoyz

The standard non-valved exhaust from 2bular is very border line close to the noise limits at many UK race tracks.   So if you intend to track your car check what restrictions you have in your country.  Other than everyone seems to love the sound, debate is out which one sounds better Larini etc  as its up to personal preference but I'm sure everyone says the 2bular sounds great.

As its non valved the sport button has no effect on the exhaust tone it sounds the same in both modes.  As far as I know the sport button also switching the exhaust valve was only a feature in Evora S and on wards, I don't think they added it to the NA?

15 hours ago, electro_boy said:

The standard non-valved exhaust from 2bular is very border line close to the noise limits at many UK race tracks.   So if you intend to track your car check what restrictions you have in your country.  Other than everyone seems to love the sound, debate is out which one sounds better Larini etc  as its up to personal preference but I'm sure everyone says the 2bular sounds great.

As its non valved the sport button has no effect on the exhaust tone it sounds the same in both modes.  As far as I know the sport button also switching the exhaust valve was only a feature in Evora S and on wards, I don't think they added it to the NA?

what it the difference  between a VALVED vs. NON-VALVED exhaust?

anything major i.e sound, performance?etc

just make sure you get a delivery date from 2bular , or its in stock  waited ages for a simple 3rd cat delete pipe, promises after promises, gave up in the end and got a refund.. he has moved premisies since so maybee can offer  a bit more professional service  now..  has or did have a real bad reputation for taking ages for supplying of goods..

I ordered my headers from 2bular through Craig Moncrieff in Edinburgh. He coordinated delivery with Jim and it was all done on time, no fuss, no delays, no hassle, no grief, no excessive waiting etc.  Just to put a different view on the experience. i do no some have had delays, but others haven't too.

Car was also getting a ceramic coating and a paint correction and when I went to pick it up the valeter was absolutely gushing about what a lovely piece of kit the headers had been, in his words a "real work of art".

@Kimbers now has them and whilst i am sure he appreciates the beautiful noise they make the sad thing is he will hopefully never get to see the craftsmanship!

I need a set of 2bular headers on my 410Sport, the circa £4.5k fitted cost is the ballache their, but it will happen......

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

7 hours ago, phenoyz said:

I'm no expert so it might be worth double checking with Jim at 2bular.  But I think the non valved version has a louder sound than standard car and possibly a bit of extra performance (although most the performance gains may be in the headers not the backbox).  The valved version is essentially the same but has an extra mode to make it quieter.  In the quiet mode this may come with a small penalty in performance but I think this is very small and you may not notice it.  I believe he can also make a non valved exhaust for the track which is quiet enough to pass the strict sound limits in the UK and also give high performance.

• Thanks 1

All interesting stuff as I've currently got the urge to change my headers. Anyone know what the performance gains are here without changing the rest of the system?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

7 hours ago, Trevsked said:

All interesting stuff as I've currently got the urge to change my headers. Anyone know what the performance gains are here without changing the rest of the system?

Trevor.

I got quite an improvement in terms of mid range responsiveness, the car just revved that much freer but no idea re HP increase to be honest.  The two big gains for me where the removal of the two OEM cats that bake the cylinder block (the engine did run noticeably cooler) and the more free revving nature of the engine, it was just more urgent.

I was told by Craig to take it easy for the first 500 miles after fitting the headers. He said it allowed the ECU to self adjust gradually and I'd end up with better performance as a result as the EUC would self optimise more efficiently. I have no idea if he was talking voodoo or not, but after putting the headers on I went on an IoM 4 day trip with @Colin P and he was surprised by how spritely me NA was in keeping up with his 400 when he was booting it.

Sorry i don't have anything further to add re "actual figures", but for the NA looking on LotusTalk they reckon for headers, sports cat and CAI you get about 35bhp improvement so I'd put the headers at 10bhp and the CAOI at 25bhp which sort of fits with the KT370 kit which is effectively a mild tune and carbon CAI to go from 345 to 370bhp.  Not scientific I know but reasonable assumptions.  Oh and the headers and sports cat are a lot lighter than the stock ones.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 23/01/2019 at 02:40, phenoyz said:

It's all noise.  I originally ordered a valved exhaust from Jim but after a chat with him I changed to a non-valved as I had planed to do UK track days (booked 3, didn't make it to a single one :( ).  Basically, valved closed it quieter than non valved and valved open is louder than valved.   The valve must open at 4k rpm and would fail UK track limits.

I don't regret going with non-valved at all and have since added headers and sports-cat, sounds amazing above 3k rpm in the car (and awesome all the time outside the car or with windows down and something for the noise to bounce off) and is not intrusive when cruising.

Always fun to start the car in the garage and this is only 3k rpm and a phone can't capture the low rpm dirtiness of the noise.

Gives you a better idea of the low rpm dirtiness and this is pre-headers....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/01/2019 at 09:44, Del Lardo said:

It's all noise.  I originally ordered a valved exhaust from Jim but after a chat with him I changed to a non-valved as I had planed to do UK track days (booked 3, didn't make it to a single one :( ).  Basically, valved closed it quieter than non valved and valved open is louder than valved.   The valve must open at 4k rpm and would fail UK track limits.

I don't regret going with non-valved at all and have since added headers and sports-cat, sounds amazing above 3k rpm in the car (and awesome all the time outside the car or with windows down and something for the noise to bounce off) and is not intrusive when cruising.

Always fun to start the car in the garage and this is only 3k rpm and a phone can't capture the low rpm dirtiness of the noise.

Gives you a better idea of the low rpm dirtiness and this is pre-headers....

That's awesome! I'm planning on placing an order with 2bular next month. Just to confirm is the valved exhaust open louder than the non valved? 

• Like 1