Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I picked a TVS1900 - Page 6 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I picked a TVS1900

@Simply Sports Cars can you give more info on the charge cooled version please.

If prices arent exact what % increase are we roughly looking at over the non charge cooled version?

If we opted for the basic charge cooled set up what rough power are we making? What i mean here is, outside of just being cooled, what does it give over the normal tvs1900 upgrade in power terms?

If we went for the whole package including internals, whats the rough cost? also whats the rough power figure?

Lastly if we opted for the first stage charge cooled version can we do the internals at a later date? How much more stress does either of these options put on the car? 

I was 99% looking at this upgrade for next winter and liked the idea that everything was usable and kept things in normal parameters - i dont want lots of subsequent costs through burning out clutches or god forbid damaging the engine/gearbox. However if the charge cooled version is a sensible uplift for more power but it still keeps everything in the OK zone then i would obviously prefer this route. 

• 3 weeks later...

the only numbers i will ever have will be off SSC or Hoffmans i,m not interested in putting it on a rolling road as i have a very close friend with a rolling road set up and its so easy to fiction up figures to suit the situation I'm only interested in how it drives and feels .....

• Like 1

i can't give a before dyno reading as my car is only just run in and needs servicing before it can be pushed its at Hoffmans for its first service and the upgrades and i have no interest in putting it on a dyno after its upgraded i just can't see the point 

That's a real shame, would have been good to get another data set, especially on an IPS. 

What's your plan regarding track dates, or have you not got that far yet?

Hi Arun, i haven't booked any as of yet due to the shite weather, i don't mind track time in the wet if i have right tyres on but i,m not set up for it at mo and i have no interest in

plodding around with the wrong tyres on, are you into track days ?, i will do Donington & silverstone, Bedford and the odd treck to snett, anglsea and the others on odd occasion 

i know (from his thread) imran is into his track days so hopefully we can meet up soon...  

Yes, safe to say I do the odd day or two :)

See how you feel when you get the car in your hands, it's more than capable out the box, in terms of tyre. They're not the best by any means, but the first ever day I did in my last V6S was a sopping wet Goodwood on standard Corsas. I had someone ask me if I had a different exhaust to the other V6S present as it was 'so much louder', the reality was I was probably exercising the right foot a little more. The cars are massively stable and sure-footed in the wet compared to what I was used to  previously (Exige S2). 

my opinion is i really like the IPS version, its by no means a PDK or DSG system but for me it fits the bill in my exige, the down changes are much better than the up changes,

i left foot brake when on track so this helps out too, I'm picking up my car tomorrow and looking forward to it, time will tell if the box can cope with the extra torque and power... 

• Like 2

Can't say I feel any limit in second gear, but perhaps first is limited? Second gear and above is just superb, smooth, linear, and bloody quick in the Evora. It must be crazy in the Exige B-)

It is a brilliant upgrade. I can't recommend Hofmann's highly enough. And of course SSC for developing the kit in the first place.

At late notice i booked and did Donington on monday with RMA, first time there for about 18 months & first time on track in the Exige so built up the pace gradually the car felt nice and strong with the TVS upgrade and did about half the day in race mode and half with it turned off had no signs of the ecu holding back power due to heat and was doing around 13 laps each session,  The geo felt good but i struggled with front end push coming out of some corners

i,m thinking the fronts were getting a tad to hot i messed with tyre pressures but probably try a bit lower on front next time, the rear was planted, i didn't log any lap times but was hitting 130mph down dunlop straight before jumping on brakes  and gotta say those PFC pads are working really well,... 

Hmmmmm....

Well, I want to order one of these kits, preferably with the manifolds as I really don’t want to go the 430 route, as twice bitten, twice shy.

However, I guess getting information, ordering stuff from SSC is like pulling teeth, very very fucking painful.....

So can anyone on the forum help me, this being for a 380...

i) Can I buy SSC manifolds with the TVS right now?

ii) If not ( no SSC manifolds) Can I run 2bular manifolds/ back box with this kit with SSC tune...

Thats it, absolutely fuk all else, oh, maybe how much, but that’s a side issue...

thanks in advance

Mark

Hi Tim,

Thats a maybe, as I’ve been talking to Stuart at SCC. I get a reply whenever the electrons in the ether are aligned with Saturn and in conjunctive with Mars.

OK, I’ll pimg Hoffman’s, thanks.

Mark

• Like 1

I’m not entirely sure if SSC have actually released their headers, have they? I seem to recall that the last post about them mentioned final tests and/or production (or some such). 

When emailing people such as @Simply Sports Cars or @Randy, it can often be worth remembering that you are contacting busy, successful people who invariably work for quite small companies. As much as you might like and expect an immediate response, matters such as race weekings, family issues, other customers or even working on actual cars often gets in the way. These companies won’t often have a phalanx of office staff to respond to every enquiry immediately. On top of that, coming onto a public forum and effing and blinding won’t necessarily encourage them to answer your enquiries any quicker.