Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New to Lotus - Evora 400 - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New to Lotus - Evora 400

Mister_Tad

My daily driver is a 730d (or 740d for those of you in the US) and whilst I wouldn't want to be anywhere else sitting in traffic, it's not exactly an emotional affair. I've always told myself I'd never have time for a toy car and it would sit unused, but since picking up a V60 Polestar for my wife a couple years ago I've found myself driving just for the sake of driving in that with relative regularity, as it's a blast.

I started scoping out what my options would be for something with rear seats (my 4yo daughter is already car mad, so would seem unfair to leave her at home) and it turns out options are startlingly limited under £100k.

A 911 is a bit bland (IMO)

An i8 is a bit too sensible for a toy (though my initial thoughts were to swap it in as my daily)

A GTR is a bit too... not me

A Granturismo or Conti is a bit too bloated

A Cali or DB9/S is a bit too ruinously expensive if when it breaks

I initially discounted the Evora on account of the tiny back seats in the S1, but was delighted to find you can fit an actual human in the new 400. So turns out that the fact there aren't many choices was irrelevant, because there's only one right choice... and it's orange.

5sQCO1G.jpg

D8cZh8K.jpg

Metallic orange (in case you missed that from the photos) with colour matched orange calipers, black pack, Alcantara pack, and of course, cup holder.

Central Lotus Nottingham were fantastic, and Lotus mad. When you walk into the workshop and see an Evora GT and a Mosler in a thousand pieces, you know you're in the right place. Never felt like they were trying to sell me anything, just there to talk cars, but to be honest it was all moot the second I drove up and saw the noisy tiger (which my daughter has nicknamed it) sitting out front.

Then was the issue of making a car shaped space in the garage... it's amazing how much junk accumulates when there's not any expectation of getting a car in there! After many hours and many piles of junk to go to the tip (fortunately mt neighbour has a truck, and we've agreed to swap passenger rides), the noisy tiger is tucked away in its den.

VjnphLp.jpg

Those first 1000 miles can't pass soon enough!

Edited by Mister_Tad
  • Like 2

That's grrrrreeeeeeeeat! (Tony the Tiger ref).

congrats and welcome.

:thumbup:

56 minutes ago, Mister_Tad said:

Thanks Gents.

I've just noticed in the second photo, my 7er is in the background looking at it as an older child might look at a new baby that's being fawned over :lol:

Congrats ? And yes the beemer does have a bit of a scowl on ?

Black n gold

• Gold FFM

That looks great.  You're lucky your BMW didn't do what my daily did when I started looking at a new Lotus - going all moody and breaking down!

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

Looks fabulous in orange. Well done.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Nice car! I've seen many tools for working wood... I hope you will not work in the garage with the Evora parked inside B-)

Since the day I got my Exige 350, I've spent more time washing and keeping her perfect than all my other previous cars together in a life time.

Then I was also curious to understand how you could get out of the car as you parked the left side near the wall, then I realized that you are driving on the wrong side :lol::lol:

Edited by robi950rally
  • Thanks 1

Oh my lord thats just perfect! perfect car, perfect colour, perfect wheels. Stunning!

Anything you need please don't hesitate to ask a moderator. Looking forward to hearing your experiences when you first open her up!

• Thanks 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer