Castle Combe - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Castle Combe

esprit22

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I can get the time off from work, sounds like fun :)

Chats

Adam

1999 Lotus Esprit GT3

1985 Reliant Scimitar SS1 1600 though will be an 1800Ti upon completion (Currently in bits all over the garage and has been since 2004)

I'll be there as usual, lets hope the weather's a bit better this year! Here are pics from last year: Castle Combe

Yep, that was wet. Only good thing was that we decided to leave about 4, and were in the bar of my favorite Inn at 4.20 drinking the first of many 6X's.

A few of us always stay saturday night at a gorgeous old Inn, about 10 mins away, superb range of real ales and award winning resturant, cant beat it. ( infact I cant wait!!) Fancy it?

Anyone staying over? If so where and I will allow you to buy me a pint.

I fully intend to make a weekend of it (hopefully with the wife)....If not on my own!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Anyone staying over? If so where and I will allow you to buy me a pint.

I fully intend to make a weekend of it (hopefully with the wife)....If not on my own!

Yes matey, will let know the (secret) location if not later, then tomorrow morning. :)

But you can buy the beers!!

Edited by esprit22

Chris, are you seriously suggesting that anyone would really want to go hooning with a load of LEF mates in their Esprits, then spend the rest of the day at a race circuit watching and chatting about Lotus's, followed by an evening of real ales and eating in an award winning restaurant... sounds like my idea of complete hell :)

But I might well come along anyway :)

Edited by Tentenths

Chris, are you seriously suggesting that anyone would really want to go hooning with a load of LEF mates in their Esprits, then spend the rest of the day at a race circuit watching and chatting about Lotus's, followed by an evening of real ales and eating in an award winning restaurant... sounds like my idea of complete hell :)

But I might well come along anyway :)

]

Nice one James, just waiting for Bazza to get back to me to see if he needs to book a room, as he will be pissed off if all the rooms are gone! He's probably asleep at his desk!!!

I'll be there as always. Not sure where we'll be staying yet. My avatar shows potential weather....I found I needed to slow down a bit! :yes

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I'll be there but on my Gixxer Thou...............

Oh yeah, it'll be April 23rd as well.

I'll get the track nice and warm for you guys.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Only time limit is in the Hotels really. I stayed at a really old one in Castle Coombe itself 2 years ago but my old man left it a week and ended up about 20 miles away.

Stayed awake all night though, as it's supposedly haunted and was waiting for a visit, never happened though, my Mrs just called me sad!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Only time limit is in the Hotels really. I stayed at a really old one in Castle Coombe itself 2 years ago but my old man left it a week and ended up about 20 miles away.

Stayed awake all night though, as it's supposedly haunted and was waiting for a visit, never happened though, my Mrs just called me sad!

Cool. I'll sign up for the crack now and for the track as soon as I know the car's OK.

Which hotel are you all staying at?

More speed, less haste

I've never been to this before but I'm itching to do a track day in my car. Is this considered a 'Lotus Track Day' as I already have insurance for this with classic line?

I've never been to this before but I'm itching to do a track day in my car. Is this considered a 'Lotus Track Day' as I already have insurance for this with classic line?

Yes Carl, this is a major Lotus Only track day. It's a superb event. Drivers are told that it is not a race..heh! I'm to wimpish to take mine on the track but it's nice to watch esprits overtaking "yet another" Elise. Club Lotus advertise this event and sell tickets for track use. Their number is :01362 694459/691144. If I were you I still check out insurance cover, better to be safe etc etc.

Sorry to throw a potential spanner in about the excellent pub/Inn that me old mate Chris is on about BUT it's not the White Hart in Castle Coombe, rather it's the White Hart in Ford - about 2 miles down the road from Castle Coombe.

For those with massive wallets The Manor Hotel in Castle Coombe is the muts nuts of a 5* Hotel - My Mrs is trying to get me to give up our room at the White Hard (at Ford) in favour of the The Manor.

I have tried to explain to her that by the time I've paid for the new Esprit (yes hopefully concluding the deal in the next few days) I'll be skint and as tight as....Chris Cole when it comes to getting the beers in !

Bazza

• Gold FFM

Just an idea (for those who don't mind roughing it) used to take a tent/bbq/beers up to Castle Combe as there is so much room up there. Haven't camped there for about 3 years - You never know, by 26th May, it might be warmer than Brands was. Get there Friday night, watching sun going down over Lotus's with beer in hand - OK last year, not good for camping but there are those that do every year - and the best bit - for us cheapskates, its free.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Its a Lotus Track Day in that you get out on track only if you're in a Lotus and can go as fast as you want - but you wont get as much track time as a traditional track day. There are always some very fast cars/drivers out there (usually Exiges or race prep'd something else beginning with E). But mostly its just regular road drivers and some are pretty slow. Very few are competitve in the sense of trying not to let you pass or block you, and very few push past you when they shouldn't unless you appear to be blocking them. So its a great environment for your first go on track. One slight downside is that you are only G'teed 2x 15 minute sessions all day and you will spend ages in a queue. You may get extra goes later on if you want them and its just a fantastic day overall! Not missed one in 16 yrs!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Crikey there must be loads staying over. I tried loads of places and they're all either booked up or cost more than a set of tyres for a single night.

Managed to get a room at the Bell House Hotel in Chippenham in the end. Booking line is 0845 45 66 399 if anyone's interested.

More speed, less haste

Sorry to throw a potential spanner in about the excellent pub/Inn that me old mate Chris is on about BUT it's not the White Hart in Castle Coombe, rather it's the White Hart in Ford - about 2 miles down the road from Castle Coombe.

For those with massive wallets The Manor Hotel in Castle Coombe is the muts nuts of a 5* Hotel - My Mrs is trying to get me to give up our room at the White Hard (at Ford) in favour of the The Manor.

I have tried to explain to her that by the time I've paid for the new Esprit (yes hopefully concluding the deal in the next few days) I'll be skint and as tight as....Chris Cole when it comes to getting the beers in !

Bazza

Right Gazza, just for that unjust, below- the- belt insult, I shall phone up your Mrs and tell her that as your wife she deserves to stay at The Manor, and that the white Hart is crap. :)