Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Another set of SD1 Rear Lights - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Another set of SD1 Rear Lights

ChrisJ

On a lovely looking Rover SD1 2300 on the A414 turning off towards WGC.

Not seen one of these for many a year.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

I ran a Vitesse for 3 and a bit years back in the mid-80s.

Loved it, and every time I see one (which is unfortunately very rarely these days) I regret parting with it.

rover sd1.jpg

• Like 1

I remeber seeing one of the techincal contributors on Practical classics or practical performance cars  running one of these with an old tank engine fitted !   He even took it to the ring for a lap :)  Absolute mental motor.   

They are indeed a true British muscle car imo and are still loved by plenty of folks today,  sadly like a lot of the cars from this period they suffer terribly with the old tin worm sadly. Which put many in the crusher long before there time should of been due  :(

A

• Gold FFM

I have a friend in WA that has two SD1's.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

3 hours ago, silverfrost said:

sadly like a lot of the cars from this period they suffer terribly with the old tin worm sadly

My dad had a 2300 from new - his first company car - was replaced within 2 years as it had rotted away. The 2600 auto replacement was a lot better.

A friend had a lovely 3500 vanden plas in gold, looked fantastic and was quick but spent much time in the garage being fixed and when it wasn't in the garage it could only manage 8 MPG. The cockpit with all the square gauges etc looked very eighties. I remember once he decided to use it for work and it broke down and left him stranded on a motorway. Cost him a lot to get it fixed and hire another vehicle to get where he was going lol

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

• Gold FFM
20 hours ago, Loose Cannon said:

A lime green V8-S is still on the bucket list. Jawdropping when new.

Just for you.

59bbc646c8347_tritongreenSD1.jpg.224f66b3cfe0a3ae9fccf910b689b284.jpg

The official name for the colour is Triton Green just in case you need to know. I had a TR8 in that colour - very left field in that 80's world of beige and brown, :lol: .

I think theres only about 2 or 3 left so its an outside chance. Just one of those childhood moments where you say "when I grow up I want one of those"...like many of us happened with the Esprit!

TBH I love the SD1 in any shade, but I always preferred the pre-facelift ones, before the added chrome trim around the front lights and wraparound bumpers.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream