Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 - Page 59 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
14 hours ago, The Pits said:

Congratulations @Michadams, can you share more about your 430 Sport  spec?

My main purpose was the body color choice :)

Blue, Red, Green.... There were a lot of GT430 on production lines. I could see them in quite all colors available. Fire Red, Air Force Blue, Metallic Blue, Essex Blue, the new "light" Metallic Blue, Motorsport Green, Aspen White, Metallic Black, GP scheme, Dark Grey Metallic, Metallic Grey. .. I've seen old colors like the Nautilus Blue, even a Metallic Purple like the already seen Sport 410 (not my cup of tea). Battleship grey is also amazing, as a solid dark grey color (aka McLaren).

Mine will be 2+0 GT430 Sport, Fire Red, Alcantara Pack, Piano Black Interior Pack, Gold & Red Stitching, Infotainement, Subwoofer, AirCo, Insulation Pack, "diamond cut" like 10.5 wheels, Fire Red stripes on roof and access panel, black engine cover. Still on the fence regarding the transmission and seats. 

I was told at the factory that the auto gearbox will have a lower power and torque, but don't have the figures. 

:)

• Like 2

Elise R 07 - Europa SE 2008 - 2Eleven GT4 - Evora N/A - Evora S - Evora S SR - Evora GT430 Sport

Wow, nice spec, congratulations.

Are you having the wider wheels? I know the Sport 410 wheels are lighter and have 'Evora' and 'Sport' embossed on them but the wider wheels are stronger according to the factory. If I was going for a 430 Sport I think I would stick with the 410 wheels. Red and Gold stitching sounds nice, very Gold Leaf Team Lotus!

I would like the look of the press car wheels, gloss black with a silver lip. To be honest, on the factory order form, I asked for the wide ones, but if the standard ones are available in this finish, I will keep them. 

That's what I wished, gold touches, but still waiting confirmation of what is possible. Brake calipers, rear LOTUS logo, GT430 Sport stickers, black and gold noose badge, roof and access pannel gold stripes. 

Elise R 07 - Europa SE 2008 - 2Eleven GT4 - Evora N/A - Evora S - Evora S SR - Evora GT430 Sport

For @Michadams if it helps. Did these photoshops for a friend is also contemplating red and gold stitch. I think it would look great.

r&gstitch.jpgr&gstitch2.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

For @Michadams if it helps. Did these photoshops for a friend is also contemplating red and gold stitch. I think it would look great.

r&gstitch.jpgr&gstitch2.jpg

This is very nice... So far we've seen a lot of darker interior has any future owner picked non black leather or dark grey alcantara?

Not as far as I know. I’ve gone slightly off piste but not far, as I like what the designers have come up with. It’s a truly bespoke process at this level though, I have really enjoyed it. Certainly far more bespoke than the obvious alternatives offer. No request is too much trouble, however minor, details are checked and double checked. They were willing to completely retrim the interior if necessary but no need as I’m very happy with where we have ended up. A special effort was made to use the same paint code as my Exige had which was very much  appreciated. The carbon seats are fully customisable because they are made and trimmed in house but the Sparcos are limited to a choice of two styles, one containing more red, the other mainly black and grey. 

The only thing they haven’t been willing to grant was my request for the 311 Race ecu to be fitted! :D

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

Not as far as I know. I’ve gone slightly off piste but not far, as I like what the designers have come up with. It’s a truly bespoke process at this level though, I have really enjoyed it. Certainly far more bespoke than the obvious alternatives offer. No request is too much trouble, however minor, details are checked and double checked. They were willing to completely retrim the interior if necessary but no need as I’m very happy with where we have ended up. A special effort was made to use the same paint code as my Exige had which was very much  appreciated. The carbon seats are fully customisable because they are made and trimmed in house but the Sparcos are limited to a choice of two styles, one containing more red, the other mainly black and grey. 

The only thing they haven’t been willing to grant was my request for the 311 Race ecu to be fitted! :D

The 460bhp and 525nm ECU ... Yeah. I sort of understand that  :respect:

Any chance we could move discussion about the website to another thread or start a new one if you think it's worth discussing?

12 hours ago, Michadams said:

I was told at the factory that the auto gearbox will have a lower power and torque, but don't have the figures. 

We have information on the website : 

Max torque (Automatic) 332 lbft at 4,500 (450 Nm) 332 lbft at 4,500 (450 Nm)

this is not accurate ?

I can't imagine why either of those would be a problem. Lotus colours are generally easier to achieve.

I was going to ask if this one was yours... I got confused at how you could take a picture of a car on the production line at Lotus without having The PR people hunting you down with the chainsaw. It is going to be lovely, lovely lovely. Now it's crazy how the car looks airy without the roof.  Is it going to be an alcantara interior with yellow stitching, AC and noise insulation but no radio? 

Is it me or Lotus was in a rush to get these cars out. The speed at which these are built is mind boggling especially considering how long people who bought a Sport 410 have had to wait.

Edited by NedaSay

I think Lotus are hoping for a good response from the US (and Canada!). Allocating 60 cars is as much as the rest of the world is getting but I'm glad they're planning to get their latest and greatest car out there. I think quite a few in the US would have taken an Exige V6 if they were road legal. The GT430 will help make up for that I hope.

• Like 2

On ‎27‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 18:18, Michadams said:

I was there to confirm my GT430 Sport spec. 

There were a "lot of" GT430 on the production line, so I could see them in quite every available color.  Air Force Blue, Fire Red, Motorsport green, the new "clear" blue metallic, Aspen White, Metallic Black, GP "like" Edition, even a purple one (like the seen 410), Essex Blue, Nautilus Blue, Metallic Grey, the new dark grey, and also the Battleship Grey...

@Michadams Great to hear! (and congrats to your choice :-)

What is the "new clear blue metallic"?

I guess air force blue is the Color of the GT Sport press car? (Looks like an uni paint?)

Battleship Grey should be that one?

59fae03c345bf_LOTUS-EVORA-0battleship.jpg.f08dd1f4aeede2aec3cdb37dc3c481ee.jpg

Many thx :)

It's a lighter blue metallic, a little bit lighter than a laser blue, in my memories ;) 

Yes, Air Force Blue is the GT430 Sport press car, and yes, it's a solid color. 
You're right, this is the Battleship Grey, also a solid color.