Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 - Page 16 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

2 minutes ago, Cypriot said:

One thing I haven't figured out yet is whether the entire rear end is made of CF.  Look at the rear where the "Lotus" script is, and you can see CF weave there.  Its easier to notice on the red car.

That might be a reflection of the unpainted CF bootlid lip...

10 minutes ago, Cypriot said:

I would really like to know how much weight the carbon backed seats save (if any) compared to the normal ones.  Either way, its really really impressive that they manage that weight reduction compared to the 410, when the 410 saved 18kg just by using the racing seats.

I'm pretty sure that they would be happy to option in the 410 seats. For a price, obviously.

2 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Bibs, it the same width as a 400/410? I know the tyres are wider (they almost meet in the middle!), but what about the bodywork itself?

1.8m iirc. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

While it is a lot of money, just so there is some meaningful comparison, the new 991.2 GT3 only has around 160kg of downforce at top speed.  The GT3 RS has around 350kg of downforce.  So for this to have 250kg of downforce is pretty amazing.

From the Lotus Cars release:

"Marking the return of a famous Lotus badge, and acknowledging the Lotus Esprit V8 GT and the Esprit GT3 from the 1990s," 

So they've airbrushed the Evora GT350 (née GTE) from the history books. That's OK though, because no-one calls them that anyway!

• Gold FFM

@Cypriot it is a ludicrous downforce figure but I think most people on here are sensible enough to know that's not what number the majority of customers will be looking at.

I also agree it will sell out, I hope so for Lotus sake - the margin is probably very tasty.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Facebook feed doesn't look too bad too me. Personally I think it's fab and with all that carbon fibre I can see how the price has got that way. Hope they sell all of them really quickly!

• Like 1

Stunning! My first thought on the pictures was that Lotus took every cue they could from the Porsche GT3. Puts it in the same ballgame, unfortunately also price wise.

250kg downforce AND 190 Mph is genuinely impressive. Not much drag for that downforce.

But, I agree with Gav, the GTE was even more special. Particularly thewide body remains unique. I was very disappointed the press release didn't reference it at all.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Yes but it the GTE was the disowned bastard child of Danny, only cared for by the loving people of motorsport!  They were never going to mention it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Gold FFM

How about a nice controversial question...

If this is as quick as a 3-11 around Hethel, is light always right?

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

12 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

Facebook feed doesn't look too bad too me. Personally I think it's fab and with all that carbon fibre I can see how the price has got that way. Hope they sell all of them really quickly!

Have a look at the Lotus Owners and Enthusiasts page - the Lotus page itself does look better.