Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 - Page 94 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

On 13/05/2018 at 10:17, JayEmm said:

Question for you @The Pits, something which always bothered me in my 400 but haven't had the seat time in a 430 to assess long enough - my 400 feels like it pulls just as strong, if not stronger, in 3rd than it does in 2nd.

This was always something that bugged me. In 2nd gear my E46 M3 delivered way more subjective "punch", from a heavier car with less power and torque. But in 3rd the story is reversed.

It always bugged me as I recalled the old esprit V8 being pinned back in the first two gears too.

How does yours feel?

Yep this was in my 410 musings post. The power is pegged back in the first two gears I think. 

1 hour ago, Simon Bateman said:

Is it a limited production run or can you still spec one up for a factory order?

Pop into your local Lotus dealership tell them the spec you want, agree & place order/pay deposit 

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

FWIW Pistonheads lists the following GT430 sticker prices:

GBP 127,370. Bell & Colvill new Liquid yellow

GBP 125,845. Howards new Empire Green

GBP 121,325. Leven new Burnt Orange

GBP 118,500. Central Lotus 550 miles Signature Silver

GBP 117,950. Oakmere 1000 miles Ardent Red

So where is £130K?

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

29 minutes ago, DarrylV8 said:

Pop into your local Lotus dealership tell them the spec you want, agree & place order/pay deposit 

I don't want/could afford one, but I was just interested in the context of the post if a potential customer would effectively be 'forced' to take one that had been heavily pre-specified by the dealer or whether you could in fact lightly spec one with just a few extras for a factory build.

The latter would still appear to be the case.....

@The Pits Jonny any video from your time at Combe? Notwithstanding the lack of obvious place to mount a camera, one assumes.

*edit: Just re-read your post. Looking forward to seeing it once you've processed it all.

38 minutes ago, jonnyboy said:

Yep this was in my 410 musings post. The power is pegged back in the first two gears I think. 

I never thrash my car in first gear to be honest (no drag starts or dumping the clutch at 4,5,6k for a power start.  I'm probably just a pussy in that respect and as a result will never get a record 0-60 time. But then hopefully my engine and gearbox will thank me for the restraint and repay me with reliability for many many miles of smiles!

However, once moving, and for instance when changing to 2nd, in 2nd etc then i have no issue at all with full throttle acceleration.  I have a feeling that when my car comes back from its 1k service on Friday i will mostly be using 3rd and 4th gears and full acceleration range for in excess of 95% of the miles home from the dealer.  That pattern will likely be repeated on every subsequent drive.  3rd and 4th and the full rev range and jeez, I'll be travelling at Warp speed on public roads....

I've never been one for traffic light racing. just don't see the fun in it.  Sorry if I've missed the point of what you were saying and sidetracked things,

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

41 minutes ago, Simon Bateman said:

I don't want/could afford one, but I was just interested in the context of the post if a potential customer would effectively be 'forced' to take one that had been heavily pre-specified by the dealer or whether you could in fact lightly spec one with just a few extras for a factory build.

The latter would still appear to be the case.....

Yes we went to open weekend at Central Lotus and spec’d car after having an extended demo drive of their demonstrator 

Darryl & Sue

Yellow GT430 Sport auto, sound insulation, ac with premium infotainment system and loud button 

Darryl & Sue

Don't get a the negativity towards the 430 lots of happy owners on here and sure Lotus are not complaining they seem to be flying out of the factory. Seem to remember when it was launched lots saying they will never sell a Lotus at over 100k,  well here we are I think Lotus are even surprised how many they have sold.

Funny isn't it? I don't remember any complaints back in the day that the Esprit Sport 300 was just a jumped-up S4 with a wing and huge price tag. But we had no internet to moan on then.

Not everyone sees car forums as a place to celebrate a shared passion for cars with like-minded people. Many see it as a place to vent their frustrations, fix problems, name and shame and so on. I think many post on here in the hope that people at Lotus are reading and will take note. Hence all the marketing and business advice, the 'I'll never buy a Lotus again' threats and such like. While the broken records can be tiresome, some criticism can be constructive and some owners are given more reason to complain than others. It would be nice to be able to share good ownership experiences without the usual accusations though. 

Quick question for @DarrylV8 can you actually spec a loud button from the factory or is this still a dealer fix post registration?

• Like 2

Hi Jonny,

Dealership fitting the loud button, there is some software up date that needs to be done as well as fitting the switch.

The wait is unbelievable, I'm usually one of the first to say doesn't time fly; well not at the moment it isn't!

• Thanks 1

Darryl & Sue

2 hours ago, The Pits said:

It would be nice to be able to share good ownership experiences without the usual accusations though. 

I do try!

I loved my S1 NA. I love my 410 Sport. I even love my bastard child VX.

I even like the 410 ICE. The air con. And the fact there are no cup holders.

Some people just like to moan. I prefer to celebrate the achievements of a medium sized British automotive and engineering company. Others just prefer German. Hey ho. We're all different and shoukd just celebrate that but yes the internet generally provides a safe platform to moan, groan and try to influence.

Anyway. Whilst my 410 was in Leven I saw a beautiful blue Esprit V8 (they still look awesome) and an Emerald Green new Exige that was just so, well, beautiful....

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Saw Silverstone handed over another one today. Looks like Lotus will let the UK take as many of the 60 as we want. If they stick to 60 in total I can live with that.

Does seem to have sold much more strongly in the UK than they anticipated.

Dont worry @DarrylV8 they’ll come knocking for the rest of the money soon enough! Hope you get to see it at the factory, it was a very special moment for me.

12 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

Hi Jonny,

Dealership fitting the loud button, there is some software up date that needs to be done as well as fitting the switch.

The wait is unbelievable, I'm usually one of the first to say doesn't time fly; well not at the moment it isn't!

Which dealer are you using? Is the software update to allow the exhaust to be fully open in Sport and Race? Apparently if you just fit the button it only allows it to open in Tour

20 hours ago, The Pits said:

Saw Silverstone handed over another one today. Looks like Lotus will let the UK take as many of the 60 as we want. If they stick to 60 in total I can live with that.

Does seem to have sold much more strongly in the UK than they anticipated.

Dont worry @DarrylV8 they’ll come knocking for the rest of the money soon enough! Hope you get to see it at the factory, it was a very special moment for me.

Yes should be going to the factory next Tuesday to see the car on the production line 

10 hours ago, alexthewheelman said:

Which dealer are you using? Is the software update to allow the exhaust to be fully open in Sport and Race? Apparently if you just fit the button it only allows it to open in Tour

Central Lotus, yes software to allow exhaust to open fully 

• Like 2

Darryl & Sue

It’ll be running the 400 set up. Much improved over the Exige and Evora S1 set ups. Much quicker changes both up and down. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.