Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 62 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

I’ve decided to sell my 2019 GT430 as it’s not getting used enough.  I’ve approached Silverstone about a SOR but not having done this before wondered if there were any thoughts on this method.

And if anyone here wants it or knows a potential buyer just let me know.

Mint condition 2019 Olive green with 5300 miles, full PPF, GTech ceramic coating, full service history, valve open switch, certificate of provenance.

cheers 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Birtyboy said:

I’ve decided to sell my 2019 GT430 as it’s not getting used enough.  I’ve approached Silverstone about a SOR but not having done this before wondered if there were any thoughts on this method.

Don't think her indoors will allow me to buy my twin.

Would have thought that putting on here will attract some member's interest, seem to recall one changing hands and an add never appeared.

8 hours ago, Bruss said:

I think this opens up to more potential customers, but the downside will be the cost, average is about 10%. 

Wow that’s shot up over the years then. Never paid anywhere near that when I used them in years gone by. 

At those costs might as well agree a reserve and use Collecting Cars where buyer pays 7.2% .  Just stick to reserve as they have tendency to try and talk you into lowering it on last day. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

4 minutes ago, DJW said:

Wow that’s shot up over the years then. Never paid anywhere near that when I used them in years gone by. 

At those costs might as well agree a reserve and use Collecting Cars where buyer pays 7.2% .  Just stick to reserve as they have tendency to try and talk you into lowering it on last day. 

I’ve been told £4k for the fees which I think is fairly reasonable to be honest.  Although saying that I don’t know if there’s any catches in there to increase this amount and cost me more money.

More realistic .  Used them 4 times selling cars.  Just check tyre tread depth as couple of times I had to sweeten the deal with new tyres on the rear 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

8 hours ago, Birtyboy said:

When I had to sell my Evora back in 2019 I did so via SOR through Silverstone. Aimee & Matt (don’t know I’d they are still there) handled every step in the professional manner that would be expected of them.

Keep in mind that they have the potential liability of offering a warranty on the car so will expect it to be in a warrantable condition before accepting for sale, hence any associated costs to achieve this will be reflected in the sale fee.

@Aimee Lotus Silverstone & Matt are very much still there and bolstered with a great team too. Very much recommend them for an SoR sale. I bought my Evora this way even though it was a member on here selling it. Solid prep and warranty are worth the peace of mind for the new buyer. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Anyone with a 430 to hand who could take a quick measurement for me?

I'm fitting a 430 wing to a 410. Could do with the distance from rear of boot lid to back of wing upright.

(I would add a photo here, but forum won't resize my phone image, it just says no)

Any speedy help much appreciated, it need to fit it first thing tomorrow morning latest!

Dave

• Gold FFM

Can’t help with the dimensions but thought it worth mentioning that the 430 rear hatch is much stronger than the 410, the hatch and wing is surprisingly heavy. 

Been out to take a couple of pics, one showing the gap to the back and 1 to the front and the last louvre....tried to make it as straight as poss..

I have been astonished how heavy the whole thing is, especially compared to the weight of the m100 bonnet!

image.jpeg.bd66b4b89bde77a7101d41bb3d114b9f.jpeg

image.jpeg.a95c0e3b9a363f97b895d245eac32a4f.jpeg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Thanks Jeepster. Ready to get the drill out early tomorrow!

Based on previous post, I'd appreciate a look at the underside to see if there is any additional strength added for the wing.  There is a different part number, but that may just be for holes drilled.

Dave

• Gold FFM

I believe the tailgate is manufactured thicker. Probably due to the higher downforce from the 430 wing. 
It was discussed on a FB Evora group. 

• Like 1

This is true, B&C confirmed this. Another way around this with the factory tailgate is to install metal brackets underneath to distribute the load. I don't think it would matter for a street car but should probably be considered for a car that sees track. This is how hethelsport sells their 430 wings and how I have mine set up. Been through multiple track days without issue.

image.png.e64c17bca0ed05648dff04580be778ab.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I have to confess that the cheap & nasty peel off sticker on the steering wheel has always annoyed me. It would only have cost Old Lotus a few quid to produce something with a quality look & feel. (Sitting in the car for an hour waiting for a ferry has brought out the OCD tendencies).

IMG_4993.jpeg

• Gold FFM

I don’t have one in my car…and I’m in no rush to get one! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Hi @Jedifar 

Congrats for your determination. It must have been a time consuming, difficult and expensive process to get the results you have now. You deserve a petrolhead medal! 😎

I doubt that anyone would object to you being a  ‘club member’ your hardcore credentials are very apparent. I hope the car drives as well as you wanted before all the mods.

Can’t see your photos unfortunately. You may need to check & send again. Would love to see what you have achieved in the flesh.

• Love 2

Looks amazing but you already knew that I don’t recall seeing any GT430s in that exact colour (Persian Blue?). Also looks like your rear wing is at a steeper angle than the factory GT430s, not sure if that was intentional or not but won’t necessarily give you more downforce if that’s what you were aiming for. Drag will be increased though for sure. I understand the obsession with a rare unobtainable Lotus but think if it was mine I’d stop short of the GT430 badging, does look good having said that and I don’t think Evora 400 badges would be appropriate any longer either. You should be able to replace the CupR embroidered cushion if you wanted. I’d want the vented front clam but the cost would be enormous for very little performance gain but you’re way past common sense on this passion project already. Must be a thrill seeing that in the garage, hope you get to drive a real GT430 one day for comparison.

• Like 2