Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 65 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I expect @jep was referring to the fact that it did not meet the reserve. £60k for a GT430 would have been ludicrously cheap.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Not a great time to be selling a £50K - £150K toy, I agree with you there @Bruss

I believe that the middle class who would be the customer for these cars, is a bit wary at the moment of spending on them. The wealthy class, who are doing OK, are not looking at a Lotus.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
8 minutes ago, jep said:

highly unlikely to have two serious private buyers at any one time. Auction pointless for such cars.

Tend to agree, although there were two people bidding against each other at the end.  I saw it get to about 68k, but expect reserve was a bit above this, so no surprise no sale.

Dave

Two private end user people..... unlikely. Bids against reserve and/or dealers like Targa F. I'd happily pay £70k for it, to flip out for £80k+. But I would suspect the reserve is min £90k unless the seller is desperate.

CC is basically useless for selling Lotus for anywhere near market value. 

Justin 

36 minutes ago, jep said:

CC is basically useless for selling Lotus for anywhere near market value.

So eventually a great platform to buy a Lotus bargain ;)

• Like 1

The small print.

Congratulations. I am sure it will give you a great deal of enjoyment.

The small print.

@EGTE its South West Lotus open day this coming Saturday. They also have a 430. 

Must be time for a 430 Devon party.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jep said:

Collecting Cars is totally the wrong platform for selling niche cars. And a niche of the niche like a 430 is highly unlikely to have two serious private buyers at any one time. Auction pointless for such cars.

Justin 

Using platforms that require no or little up front cost is a good way to get it out there and attract some interest, keep the reserve high to likely acheive a no sale and someone might come along at a later date to haggle.

26 minutes ago, EGTE said:

I thought I'd strike while the iron was hot, as it were.

Through the platform or direct with the seller.

• Like 1

Too early to say right now; currently getting the money organised and looking at options on my GT410. Would hope this week sometime, but Saturday most likely, unfortunately; would have loved to go to SWL day. If I can make it, I will let you know.

1 hour ago, chipp said:

Using platforms that require no or little up front cost is a good way to get it out there

I think you pay for photos which is not cheap. £19.99 gets a car in eBay with a lot of eyeballs and no buyer premium.

Back on 430 topic, congratulations @EGTE, 430 a wise purchase.

Justin 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see you are impressed. 

We ought to get a pic of the 3 Devon GT430s together sometime. (+SWLC makes 4)

• Like 2