Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 42 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

I’m with you on this @steveoexige. I personally have zero interest in playing pub Top Trumps with power numbers, and I genuinely don’t care what ultimate numbers mine produces. I just absolutely love the whole process of researching my next set of modifications, thinking about how they will integrate with the whole package, learning about how all the various parts work, feeling the mix of excitement and apprehension when the work is getting done and then finally the enjoyment of testing out the car once the job is done.

My Exige is running around 500hp/520NM in full power “track” map, and that is more than I will ever need on the road. That is why I also have a milder 400hp “road” map, which is plenty for everyday use. However the Exige chassis is well up to handling the power and it never feels frightening or out of control (or at least no more so than it did with 350hp). On track you most definitely can use all the power, and then some!

I’m currently planning the next stage of my engine build which will probably see north of 550hp on the dyno, but I am more interested in improving engine response and getting higher rpm really.

I can’t comment on the IPS gearbox, but the general verdict seems to be that the manual gearbox is strong enough for these power levels provided that you upgrade the plastic selector fork ends. The clutch obviously needs changing before that, and I have an Xtreme Clutch cushioned ceramic clutch that can take 910NM. It has excellent pedal feel and no more effort than OEM.

• Like 1

Don't you have Carplay/Auto? If so why do you need to see the phone as you can speak your instructions can't you?

I have AAuto on my S90 and the phone just goes in the glovebox once connected and I just use the push to talk button on the radio screen.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

You should have a USB charger in the glovebox too.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

58 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

You should have a USB charger in the glovebox too.

I use my USB for music, tried connecting a USB hub but the unit did not like it.

But have had fitted an extra power unit that has 1 USB and 3 12v outlets. These are only live when the ignition is on. So I can also plug in a dash cam and power for my rear view mirror. The unit is lightweight so have just added some lightness.. The power runs through the car to the tailgate for the camera.

Did find a useful little shelf on the r/h side near the bottom of the dash. 

• 1 month later...

Afternoon, 

Does anyone know anything about the black 430 at Silverstone at 100k?

Really low miles, but so is the green auto, and the other green manual which just sold the other week? Both at 80k

Looks good, has anyone seen it or know the history. Its been registered, so I am thinking it's been in stock for 2 years but not sold.

Thanks 

They had a black one like that when I took my GTE in for a service in late November 2017. This was when they were still in the old building. It was unregistered at the time. I got to sit in it and start the engine. Of course it might be a completely different car, but the spec is similar.

H8GdAVj.jpg

NHpTwar.jpg

• Like 1

They had a black one that were prepping for customer delivery in April 2018 when I picked up my brand new 410 Sport. I believe I read somewhere that this current black car had come from Lotus. So maybe one cancelled by a dealer and left in Hethel then offered to the dealer network some time later. Just phone them and ask them. They're a nice lot at Lotus Silverstone and where a pleasure to deal with when I bought my car from them. Aimee's a bit scary though - she will upsell a car to you!!!  lol.............

The small print.

^ that’s right. I remember now. The black car in my photos was originally intended for a customer, but he changed his order prior to delivery to a different car. Lotus Silverstone kept this one on for general sale, but I don’t know what happened then. I guess technically it was still owned by Lotus Cars, as they wouldn’t have been paid for it. Or maybe I’m confusing two entirely different cars!

Afternoon,

Yip I called them yesterday. 

To be honest I trawled through some photos and history and thought it had been registered but never used and had sat for a couple of years at the dealership (like the one at Leven Lotus). I just missed out on the green manual at Hoffmans at 80k last weekend. 

I was hoping there would be something that could be done on price, based on it being sat for 2 years unsold.  I'm not a collector it's going to be used, so 3k miles or 50 miles means nothing to me, so at around the 80k odd I would have been interested. 

Anyway, it's sale or return. A guy bought it, didn't use it so is trying to sell. He was apparently offered 95k already but didn't take it. 

Oh well. Something else will turn up. 

Thanks

@KG I always though the "integrated" look of the Mansory original side skirts has never been surpassed! Sorry I cannot help re the weave.

image.png.9f35b1a027fea86dddd771b38ec70d0e.pngimage.png.1f7c11269f6b7615fdf5836bc37fe4ae.png

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, KG said:

Hi guys,

I am planning on hand laying carbon fiber for side skirts on the Evora, anyone know the pattern and type of Carbon Lotus uses in the GT 430?

Prodrive produce the CF parts for the Evora & Exige 430’s. Perhaps unlikely that they will compromise any of their IP, but there’s no harm in asking. 

https://www.prodrive.com/composites-automotive

33 minutes ago, blindside said:

Prodrive produce the CF parts for the Evora & Exige 430’s. Perhaps unlikely that they will compromise any of their IP, but there’s no harm in asking. 

https://www.prodrive.com/composites-automotive

@blindside

just got off the phone, great help and thank you for the connection.

it is 3K 2X2 twill pre preg and hand lay CF between 1.5 - 2.5 mm 

Thank you!

Happy Holidays! 

46C66384-4F15-4A0C-8BA4-A64BD2EF1390.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How many GT430 and GT430 Sports have been produced? Initial press reports indicate 60 of each, however Lotus in Australia have told me these are in no way a limited number car. Is that right? Are Lotus still producing them? If so, does anyone know the current production figures?

• Gold FFM

I’m very surprised Lotus Australia have provided you with the wrong information. You’d expect them to know about this. 

The GT430 & GT430 Sport were built to order as a limited edition of 60 cars total worldwide in late 2017 & 2018. (Production ceased in 2018).

The reality is that it is unlikely that Lotus ever made the planned quota of 60 cars. There are just 22 GT 430’s registered in the UK and only one 430 Sport.

I don’t know the numbers of both models produced for the rest the world, but an educated guess is around 30. Someone on here may know the exact figures & the market/countries they went to.

3 hours ago, blindside said:

The reality is that it is unlikely that Lotus ever made the planned quota of 60 cars. There are just 22 GT 430’s registered in the UK and only one 430 Sport.

At least one GT430 owner must have a CoP for their car. Aren’t production numbers on that?

4 hours ago, blindside said:

I’m very surprised Lotus Australia have provided you with the wrong information. You’d expect them to know about this. 

The GT430 & GT430 Sport were built to order as a limited edition of 60 cars total worldwide in late 2017 & 2018. (Production ceased in 2018).

I don’t know the numbers of both models produced for the rest the world, but an educated guess is around 30. Someone on here may know the exact figures & the market/countries they went to.

I was told a few GT430's went to Germany, a similar amount to what we have in the UK, as regards Sport 430's, I have only heard of 3, the one I have in the UK and 2 that also went to Germany.