Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 26 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

Lovely! Pure sex 💋💋

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The other product that is pure sex / art is this original oil pan produced by Swindon Engineering for the GT4's, and what every GT430 needs.  Increased capacity, alloy baffled-gated sump (lighter weight, increased cooling, o-ring seal to engine block (no mess), independent oil pick up sump w/ o-ring sealed pickup tube, drain plug-removable screen around pickup.  

If it wasn't so expensive I would hang a 2nd one on my wall.

jN-hr36eEvDYbq-S5AWKQlLL39amzJqbhgI2fXA35us[1].jpg

JVNsAC_A4yZi5TjQo_uMEgD0A0FhjaEFUGQrpj-lmWQ[1].jpg

zmj7emvM9IQltLHrJqghpYZh-79k8lafUGppztEng9o[1].jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, KG said:

Who do we connect with @Swindon-Enginesfor one of these?

https://swindonpowertrain.com/uk/index.aspx

but bear in mi9nd that they were a supplier to Lotus for these.

I doubt that they will supply anything that was designed for Lotus. I also doubt that they would have anything left in stock that Lotus hadn't already had delivered.

They may be willing to design and make something new for a new customer, at cost.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KG said:

Who do we connect with @Swindon-Enginesfor one of these?

Limited run for Lotus a number of years ago.  You would have to check with old GT4 racing teams if they have any on the shelf, not probable.

Earlier this year I spoke with a Swindon Eng guy on their stand at a classic car show. They had an Evora engine in a Perspex case on the stand, which is what drew me in to talk. Sadly it was only there as an example of what they do and the guy said they don’t have any performance parts available for the V6 engine. He confirmed they had built the engines for Lotus in a strict limited run and had no plans to do do any more. 

@Hakim0v : thank you

do you have any video on track ?

It would be interesting to get more details about the internal modifications on the gearbox or maybe some explanation about the TCU.

18 hours ago, Hakim0v said:

Sure... mine is IPS and maybe 50% of the GT430s. And it’s revised, quicker and comes with a cooler. Way better than the Evora S or the 400 I owned before.

Interesting, what’s the extra cooler / cooling that it has?

My own MY12 Evora S IPS has two oil coolers, one for the engine and one for gearbox.

• Like 1

today all 400-410-430's now come with either a oil-water heat exchanger on the manuals or an air-oil cooler on the Auto, all have the same oil-water heat exchanger engine oil cooler.  The IPS has had a cooler since the S1 days, no internal changes to either gearbox has been made

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those of us here in the states, what  makes those “j” hooks better then stock GT rotors?

is it just their version of slotting or are they lighter?  Or both?

“GA = J hook design.
Latest design gives improved bite and debris clearance and reduces distortion / vibration, outer grooves do not run out to outside diameter.”

From (the horse’s mouth): https://www.apracing.com/Info.aspx?InfoID=39&ProductID=976

(Drilled rotors are prone to cracking, especially with track work. Some refer to them as ‘pre-cracked rotors’). 

The j-hooks are fantastic, really impressed with them, immense consistent stopping power. Pad wear is higher but well worth it.

I never saw any cracks on any of my cross drilled brakes on the Exige but the design does create a big temp difference near the holes and they fill up with brake dust pretty quickly.  They also used to groan and vibrate after heavy track use. Braking performance wasn’t really impaired, no fade at all but your confidence could be. J hooks just get on with the job. Best stock road car brakes I’ve used to date.

• Like 1

Thanks....so it’s their laters version of a slotted rotor which is what I figured 

many do state drilled crack, I had AP Racing drilled rotors on my last car, never a issue with cracking however being a Saab, also nowhere close to a track car!