Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 50 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

Pics are poor but chances to own a GT430 don’t come up very often. It will be years before Lotus get that level of performance out of the Emira and even then it will one of thousands of cars made each year.

I’ve given up looking for an Esprit Sport 300, they just never come up for sale, never see them at car shows, not even at Lotus events and the GT430 is very much the Evora version but even rarer!

Before anyone posts a link to The Market auction that S300 could be the same written off car that was originally Scandal Green, it was resprayed yellow that one keeps coming up for sale but it’s the same car over and over. Seriously don’t know where all the others are. Advice is anyone who really wants  a GT430 is advised to act quickly.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, OakMan said:

Even their own garage forecourt in passable weather would provide better pictures

Looking at the other of their Lotus vehicles on PH, a lot are pretty poor, the ones outside are much better. But a black Lotus looks even worse they way the have done them. certainly not worth 95k when you can hardly see it.

I am currently in the market for a 430. 

Unfortunately I missed out in the red one the other month and the blue one was not my cup of tea. 

I like this one, but at 95k no chance, the other 2 in the last couple of months were over 10k cheaper.

Think they are trying it on........ I'll hold off for now and see what happens. 

• Haha 1

Lots of Evora 410s for sale at £80k plus, great cars and probably better choice for daily use but GT430 should rightly be worth more. Asking prices for Exige 430s have also spiked since production end announced, makes sense GT430s values also harden. 

Unrepeatable car now the GT430 and a lot more focused drivers car than Emira. Should become more sought after for those few who were hoping for more from Emira.

Edited by jimichanga
  • Like 1

There are plenty for sale at 80k, but are they selling? 

I see the same old ones for sale at the higher end. The ones at around the 50k-60k mark seem to sell, same as the Exige. But the more expensive ones have just been sitting for quite a while...... But that's what I have seen on pistonheads. 

Both the Exige and Evora seem to be a tough sell at 80k and over, dealerships have had the same 410s for what seems to be a very long time. Cars in the 60's seem to have sold very quickly. 

I don't actually see the Exige 430 prices spiking, new ones were always 100k, and 2 year old ones were always 80k-85k. I haven't seen any change in that recently. 

Maybe I'll be proven wrong. But after a quick check on pistonheads, I don't think I am.

Edited by Shibby

Exige 430 prices started with a 7 not long ago. Production ending and stock shortage has caused dealers to bump up their asking prices. Same has happened with Elise 250 Cup. Even 2016 cars are £40k plus now.

Whatever Evora 410s are selling for the GT430 should be worth more.

Several low mileage GT430 swapped hands for mid to high £70's until quite recently. I think £95k is very optimistic and £85k is probably nearer the mark (wasn't the red one from oakmere at £85k and that sold very quickly ?).

I think the colour, looking at the photos will be a hard sell too. It looks black or as near damn it.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@Shibbyyou could always make an offer, screen price is rarely the final price.

Also keep in mind that it may be one of their SOR cars so the price could be a “desire” by the owner.

What’s happened since is the Emira has been launched. Spec is nowhere near GT430 in terms of weight, power, suspension, aero, carbon, exclusivity. There is no Evora FE so GT430 won’t be eclipsed for some time, possibly never depending on your priorities. Emira is still a long way from reaching show rooms so dealers will need to live off finite remaining stocks remaining until well into next year.

• Like 1

Hmmm, people are not fools when it comes to prices and to be honest for all GT430's until the recent red one at Oakmere they ALL took quite some time to sell to be honest. The Empire Green one was for sale at 3 different places, actually come to think of it 4, and took a year to sell. The Olive Green one at JCT600 took a year to sell. Even the brand new, gorgeous liquid yellow one at B&C took almost 3 years to sell? The beautiful burnt orange one at Leven took two years etc.  The GT430's are absolutely superb cars but they did not and have not been flying off the shelf, new or 2nd hand to be honest (with the exception of the red one at Oakmere that sold in what, 2 weeks?).

I don't think the Emira being launched has made a blind bit of difference to be honest.  The number of people in the market for a GT430 is small. The production run was small. Ergo, there will always be an element of luck around timing for a purchase of a GT430 - the right car, at the right time, for the right price for the right person.  I think it is as simple as that.

£95k to me is too rich for that car. In a more "popular" colour then maybe.  Good luck to Silverstone though. i bought my last new Evora from them and they are a great dealership for sure. Buyer buy with confidence from them.

Edited by Bravo73

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I wonder if the other factor is that they were a very high price for Lotus when announced - pitched squarely at Porsche GT3 money - regardless of how many people are actually able to buy a GT3 new from Porsche dealerships. 

I accept the spec on the GT430 was expensive, with the extra bespoke carbon panels, Ohlins / Eibach suspension, AP J brakes and the titanium exhaust.  Plus the tweaks to more bhp. 

im with the current thinking here that they present better value at the prices mentioned - particularly with the Emira being launched.  

Lotus can address some of the minor criticisms of Emira around its weight, by doing a Porsche by charging more for less - in a truer Lotus sense by ‘adding lightness’ with carbon panels, non electric sports seats, lighter sports suspension, titanium exhaust, lighter wheels etc.  They might just get one down to Evora GT430 weight.

How much is one of those going to cost ??? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi  @Bibs we are Cup seats and carbon panels apparently I don’t have iOS 13 so unable to update the sheet if anyone can please 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Mine - no 5  - on the list is olive green , has sparco seats and carbon rear glass that makes things very dark in the back.... and does not help with visibility - no wonder the factory changed them to glass.

It seems like the new styling for Lotus car photos.  Most of the dealers are using this type of back drop.  I guess this is Lotus taking control of presentation.  

I guess also taking pictures of black cars is harder to show the body works shape.  

All the Best

Greg