Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430" - Page 13 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Not for the faint of heart! - Now "Exige Cup 430"

4exige

14 hours ago, The Pits said:

Timing could be very good for one or two, could be a very nice upgrade for someone looking at a Sport 380. I would definitely go for a Cup given that choice. Cup 430 will only have a straight line advantage really. 360 Cup values have held up well, could be a smart buy for some. Get in there while the dealers are still sweating!

100% agree 360 Cup with the updated gear change mechanism and proper rev limit absolute sweet spot !

www.alias23.com

So far the 430 Cup had a nice press coverage but as someone else wrote before, it's the same text for a different car, amazing, bla bla bla...can't waite for the review of the 380 Cup in Auto Sport German magazine coming out in December... Lotus needs to have better coverage of their models by the media in the future .... thanks Geely for giving them some money to do so....

4 hours ago, suffolk009 said:

A non carbon, non fancy base model Exige with the 430 engine would be just the ticket for me. Irresistable.

By all means offer the carbon nick-nacks as options just like every other carmaker does.

+10

4 hours ago, alias23 said:

100% agree 360 Cup with the updated gear change mechanism and proper rev limit absolute sweet spot !

I totally agree, not sure why!!!!!

Just needs a bit more forward propulsion ( TVS1900 makes the sweet spot even better IMHO) me biased? Never

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alias23 said:

I think that The Pits was talking about the 380 cup at a reduced price and took the 360 cup low depreciation as an example

But I agree with you nontheless that the 360 cup with updated gear linkage is maybe even better than the 380 cup as it is

I wanted one before but did not really found an interesting one for sale

I prefer the finish and details of the 380 cup as it s close to ideal for my taste with near racing size rear wing canards side skirts and more racing finish of the brakes etc

Different to others I do not like too much the oem wheels look and much prefer the forged ones that looks more racing than street and I do not like the oem wing of older models.

But I would much prefer the standard 360 engine configuration with 7000rpm and bigger pulley with close to 360 real bhp and I still love it s look and lower price.

Fro me the best upgrade on 430 are the seat runners. Does anyone know from which car the Evora's runners are? It would be also great to know how much adaptation is needed for them to be used in Exige/Elise. I suppose buying them from Lotus is almost impossible - like the rest of the spare parts.

I think Lotus will update the service manuals with the new runners, here are the old ones:

Runners.jpg

Yes @Maxi_z that was my point. I like all the Exige Cups so the 360 is no exception. My point was that the 360 values didn't tank when the 380 was announced, so I hope for those who have committed to a 380 that the same will apply.

Chargecooler is a nice feature but I didn't have much problem with heatsoak if I'm being honest. The car was always fast compared to the other cars out there. Perhaps 380 engine is worse in this regard? Going out for 20 mins at a time rather than flogging round for 40 mins might also help.

• Like 1

@The Pits you're probably right if you track your car mostly in Northern Europe... but if you go to tracks in southern europe, like we do from here (Italy and South of France), the problem is much bigger with outside temperatures in summer between 35° C and 40° C... 

Regarding the car holding its value it will depend on who will buy it. Someone who will want to track the car extensively will favor the charge cooled version and devalue the former ones. Others who favor the looks, exclusivity, etc, might not bother, but I have my doubts......

22 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

I had a drive in the 430 Cup today, brilliant package I was very impressed with. Seemed greater than the sum of it’s parts and lots of little things have been done that you’d never think to do if you tuned to a similar specification. I’ll write more detail about it tomorrow :)

Is the front towing eye is behind the number plate?

• Thanks 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

8 hours ago, Swiss380Cup said:

I LOVE this grey.....

Doesn't look too shabby on a plain old Roadster either....Carbon Grey is very under-rated, I think so many people go for the brighter colours.   The 430 does have the edge, I admit :lol:

IMG_73254.jpg

5 hours ago, mdavies said:

GF W, a "Like " is not enough. I want to say that the first of your two photos is about the best, probably the best of a Lotus I have seen. Brilliant!  It makes me wonder about possible mortgages, taking lessons in poker, buying a Lottery ticket............whatever.

Have your asked Lotus to make you an offer? Or Geely a better bet, probably!

It looks a tad overexposed to me :lol:

On 23/11/2017 at 23:20, GFWilliams said:

I had a drive in the 430 Cup today, brilliant package I was very impressed with. Seemed greater than the sum of it’s parts and lots of little things have been done that you’d never think to do if you tuned to a similar specification. I’ll write more detail about it tomorrow :)

Write up these little things that have been done which make it seem greater than the sum of its parts. I'm intrigued.

Edited by cbaileyuk

On 2017-11-24 at 00:20, GFWilliams said:

Still waiting. ;)

George,

I've seen some more photos of your car at Hethel that you posted on twitter. Is there any chance you could load them up here? It'd make my day to have a new screen saver.