Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My engine blew this morning! - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

My engine blew this morning!

mark248am

7 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

FYI, the wording of the warranty refers to timed events, or the use of timers etc, invalidating it. Therefore, that includes racing but not track days (at least in the UK, where timing obviously isn’t allowed). 

However, if an owner chooses to post YouTube videos of themselves at a track day using a timing device, then that’s their choice. 

What exactly is a timed event? You track but you time yourself?

So, the distinction is whether the track organizer/event is doing the timing vs self-timing?

Otherwise, don't wear your Rolex while you are on track.  :sofa:

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

1 hour ago, Jack said:

So, the distinction is whether the track organizer/event is doing the timing vs self-timing?

Nope. The use of any timing device invalidates the warranty (technically). It doesn't matter if that device is trackside or in the car.

From a previous discussion about warranties and track use:

47 minutes ago, usurp said:

so on the bright side, McDonalds in Kuwait is giving away a Lotus Exige with the Happy Meal. Specifically, the Lotus Exige R-GT which I didn't even know existed until this Happy Meal. 

lotus.jpg

Sorry to hear about this, I would guess that it's pretty rare - that's what we're all hoping anyway...

i think you need to check the engine bay on the Happy Meal model, could be some random bits of Big Mac in there...

EDIT - Unboxing video here ?

• Haha 2

Sorry to hear about you problem, however I think you will enjoy the exhaust sound of the 400 

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

First V6 failure I’ve heard of. Sorry it had to happen to you. I hope a new engine is on its way out there soon. Best of luck and keep us posted. It will be very interesting to find out what happened.

I might be the first person to visit Kuwait just for a McDonalds! :D

• Like 1

Sorry to hear what happen to you Mark.

In Middle East the Lotus owners group is not very large. I hope the dealer will sort out the situation quickly and well.

Keep us updated on the progress.

• Like 1

The warranty will be fine. Following the statements in the warranty's details about track days I wrote to Lotus and they replied saying you would be covered as long as there hadn't been any engine mods. I posted the letter they sent it on this forum. If you need it I will dig it out.

Martin S

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...