Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sump plug thread size? - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sump plug thread size?

Glyn Harper

Anyone know the thread and pitch of the sump plug?

mine was a bit chewed up last time I changed it so is on my list of things to swap at some point.

I’ve spotted a nice titanium one with a magnet built in, but I don’t know if it’ll fit.

Don’t really want to take mine out right now if I can avoid it, for the obvious reason!

Mine is an 88 Esprit by the way, so doesn’t have the fancy temp sensor. Just uses an 18mm socket though to undo it.

Edited by Glyn Harper

• Gold FFM
  • Like 1

Only here once

Barry, you could put that in the tree, book it as 'decorations' and then store it safely in the garage. :devil:

• Thanks 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
31 minutes ago, CarBuff said:

TOPIC DRIFT! :X

Barry, what thread size is the Chargecooler bleed? My S4s friend needs one...

Sorry ...... well I’m not really ?

M22 X 1.5 they are £6 

Only here once

• Gold FFM
10 minutes ago, Glyn Harper said:

M22x1.5 is that the sump plug as well? Though it was1/2”

No no no - that’s just the chargecooler plug.....thread topic drift!

Only here once

Slightly off topic, (but I started the thread so I’ll beat myself up later!) but what are the options these days if your charge cooler is leaking? I’m not sure mine is, but I do seem to get air in the system when I go driving which I’m worried is boost pressure pressurising the system from a small leak.

There appears to be no water in the chargecooler when I check though (ie, it’s dry where it’s meant to be dry) but It did make me wonder what to do if and when it does pack in.