Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Series/Boxset Topic - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Series/Boxset Topic

Kimbers

Self Explanitory. We have a popular movies thread but recently, with Netflic, Amazon etc, there are so many more box sets out you can binge on. Wendy got me Netflix for Christmas so here are my recommendations to get you started.

Stranger Things 1 and 2. 19 hours of supernatural, scaryness and all starring 5 kids who are absolutely awesome. Series 2 was a bigger budget and just as good. Definately worth a watch.

Designated Survivor. Old Keifer Sutherland doing his best to not be Jack Bauer and be a nobody politician when he is designated as the "Survivor" during the State of the union speech. The whole of the American Political establishment is wiped out in one attack and thats your premise. Actually a very good series!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I like a Western, and found Godless on Netflix to be very good.

I also like SciFi and I'm currently watching season 2 of The Expanse on Netflix. It's a slow starter, but becomes excellent when it starts to make sense. Excellent special effects to.

Over on NowTV there was Boardwalk Empire (1920's Gangsters) which was superb, and of course the awesome Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

• Gold FFM

The wife and I like to take in the odd box set. 

Our favourite so far is Person of Interest, we were hooked at episode 1, 4 seasons of 21 episodes. 

Also recommended is Dexter, Game of Thrones and Sons of Anarchy 

• Gold FFM

I keep saying this watch Goliath on Amazon. The single best series ever and there is only one at the moment and another in the pipeline. @C8RKH will Back me up on this. 

I also love Ray Donavan which I was really surprised my wife did to, but understand if people don’t like it. 

Big up from me for Goliath as @Dan E says. A man of impeccable taste!

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Life on Mars. I missed it when broadcast, on fact listening to some Bowie on the bus now 

:dj:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

We started atching Travellers last night. Modern day with a Sci Fi theme as people from the future come back and inhabit bodies at their time of death and take over their lives, with a view to save the planet of the future.

Its a really good series but I must wonder at the ethics of it in a geeky sense. Anyone who watches geeky stuff knows you shouldn't ever change the course of history and that even one misstep can change everything! 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Tell me about it @Kimbers  I crossed the space time continuum once as a single bloke and then woke up married. WTF!  Talk about a misstep changing everything!  ;)

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

You think you had it bad! I went to bed 25 with 3 girlfriends, a Ford Mustang a ZXR 750 and must have altered time with the power of my dreams because I woke up married, 50 years old with 4 kids and a grandkid, No sports car or bike and a huge mortgage!

• Like 1

Just watched The Fall (on Amazon) over 2 days. Set in Northern Ireland, amazing acting and story.

Agreed on Stranger Things and Designated Survivor, both very good. Lots of good stuff out there.

Can be a bit preachy but the story line is strong and provides an alternate view of politics I think we'd all find refreshing.

The small print.

I enjoyed Godless.  On reflection it's a bit like a serial remake of Shane the old western in terms of outline story / messaging.

However, I would really recommend Frontier. Set in Canada around the time of the British Empire / colonisation there and centred around the ruthless fur trade.  

The small print.

Gomorrah - an absolutely brilliant series about organised crime in Naples.

Westworld. Tin Star (gets a bit odd at the end). 

The Tunnel. Jordskott. The Return (original French version) Wallander.

Not sure if any of these are available on Netflix or Amazon Prime but they are worth looking out for.

:) 

It's getting there......

Watched Designated Survivor yet? I have nearly finished the first series! One more to go!

Gomorrah - brilliant

Narcos

Loved Daredevil. The interaction of the lead characters and villian is excellent. Also liked Jessica Jones for that reason

Orphan Black is quite fun

Peaky Blinders - superb

House of Cards

Mindhunter - the start if serial killer profiling in the USA

The Crown. Not my thing but watched it last night with Wendy and she loved it. Good one to watch if you want to get on your Mrs's good side!

That assumes your Missus has a good side!

The small print.

• 2 weeks later...

Of the Marvel Netflix I’d start with Jessica Jones if you’re not massively into the source material. I think it’s the best one for those not into superhero stuff. No capes or anything too silly. Really good cast and a great turn by David Tennant as very nasty villain. Really good show. Not at all for kids, very adult themes. If the Marvel movies are like Lord Of The Rings, the Marvel Netflix shows are more like Game Of Thrones.

After that, the two Daredevil seasons are consistently good and set you up nicely for The Defenders which is the one when all the characters come together. Only go to Luke Cage and Iron Fist if you’re really into the above shows or was a fan of the comics. You can enjoy Defenders without them.

Got through most of the new Star Trek but didn’t really get on with it.

Enjoyed the Crown season one. Superbly shot, written and acted. Just very high quality show. Currently watching season two. Very good human drama and insightful account of recent history.

Much enjoyed the man in the high castle.