Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Virgin trains ban the Daily Mail - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Virgin trains ban the Daily Mail

mdw

Whilst I have never bought the mail , in the same way I have never bought the Sun I do resent having my reading choices being censored in this way by  company's.   Its either illegal therefore ban it or its not and keep the f&^k away from censoring what I chose to read or not that is my choice and mine alone. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's not as if they'll carry a vast array of newspapers except the Mail. It's only a few so they seem to have left FT, Times and Mirror which covers one (used to be) broadsheet, the financial sector, and probably the tabloid with greatest circulation.  If they had removed it but kept Star, Guardian, Telegraph, Independent etc then I think there may be a point.

I cannot see how it's censorship, most commuters will join via a station that has a newspaper stand/newsagent, and could purchase whatever publication they wish of the wide selection.

It's OK to ban useless newspapers. Who reads them anyway?

As @andydclements said, you can still get what you want at a train station, so it's hard to call it "a censorship".

You can even they limit your choices since you never really read them anyway. Less choice sometimes is better than too much choice (yes, you can have too much and it's not good either).

Anyway, let's move on... next topic ;)

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, mdw said:

Whilst I have never bought the mail , in the same way I have never bought the Sun I do resent having my reading choices being censored in this way by  company's.   Its either illegal therefore ban it or its not and keep the f&^k away from censoring what I chose to read or not that is my choice and mine alone. 

Do they still sell razzle ??

• Haha 2

Only here once

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Do they still sell razzle ??

I think you'd have to request that one. Mind you, they're not selling The Sun, either. Actually it'd be quicker to list the ones they are selling: The Times, Mirror and FT. However it's only the Mail and its readers who are shouting censorship.

It's not a ban, they just aren't selling it, if not selling means banning they have banned pretty much everything in the world as they only seem to sell about two sandwich's and a twix on their trains after about 6am.

• Gold FFM

I initially thought censorship, but it would be a completely commercial decision.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

I don’t know anyone who still buys a Newspaper - All available on iPhones iPads and Tablets. I don’t go on trains that often but you certainly hear more keyboard tapping as opposed to paper rustling.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!