Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My 380 Cup! - Page 4 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

My 380 Cup!

mark248am

4 minutes ago, BAS said:

Ah ok got it @mark248am

Just wondering how safe these bars (as opposed to lotus OEM A-Frame) are incase of a collision on track.

Don't want to assume...anyone have an idea?

The one I got us is the V bar. The "V" is the middle part of the bar that looks like a V attached to the bar. Its there as an extra safety feature in the case during an accident the bar tries to rotate (because it's held by just a screw on each end). The V part of the bar is what stops the bar from rotating.

Here are better day time photos of the harness bar. Still haven't installed the belts. Quick question, anyone know how hard I should tighten the seatbelt bolts? Like do I tighten it as hard as I physically can or what exactly? Cuz I'm kinda worried I might strip the threads or something if I tighten too hard..

harnessbar.jpg

harnessbar2.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chumaxa said:

Did you remove anything in order to fit it ? Looks like it needed no mods to be fitted ? 

super easy install, did it by myself and took like 20 minutes. Only thing you need to do is unscrew the seatbelt bolt, shove the bar in between the seatbelt and the car and then rescrew the bolt back. Didn't even have to remove the chairs to install it.

On 03/03/2018 at 20:05, BAS said:

Just wondering how safe these bars (as opposed to lotus OEM A-Frame) are incase of a collision on track.

Don't want to assume...anyone have an idea?

The point loads on the V-bar are not great, compared to the A-frame or a bar that fits behind the seatbelt frame (IMO).

Dave

Interestingly.... when I did a bit of digging around on the original Sector111 V-Bar it turned out that Sector111 had designed the V-Bar in conjunction with folks from Schroth Racing. I see that as a positive.

www.alias23.com

12 hours ago, mark248am said:

super easy install, did it by myself and took like 20 minutes. Only thing you need to do is unscrew the seatbelt bolt, shove the bar in between the seatbelt and the car and then rescrew the bolt back. Didn't even have to remove the chairs to install it.

From MSAR??

On 3/3/2018 at 14:42, DJW said:

Noticed that with mine and also no need for the central clamp at the rear.   However I found over a period of time these new clamps don’t hold the roof tight enough and I started getting knocking noises on bumpy roads from the roof.  Mentioned it to local dealer and they mentioned there is a known fix for this, so will be getting that fixed along with seat runners to stop rocking seat. 

My roof is a bit loose too... impossible to tighten properly. Still a bit rattly and squeaky after refitting and lubing. I’ll have to investigate further..

A few things.

1) If you're going to install a soft top with your cup car, you need becareful since the soft top can damage the matt black sticker. Not that much of a biggie since it's the hidden area but still worth noting.

2) Does it not rain in England? Whenever I send my car through the automated car wash I ended up with water seeping in through the windows and today I noticed my trunk got soaked as well...

scratch1.jpg

scratch2.jpg

water.jpg

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

You do WHAT???!? ?

It’s a laser wash, no brushes or anything, nothing physically touches your car just soap and water 

not that it matters thought since my buildings caretaker wipes my car clean daily with a dry rag ??‍♂️

• Like 1

It’s the pressure wash that allows entry. I have to use just the hose to wash off the soap and only use the pressure washer on the bottom half of the car. 

If not then I get water on the inside of the glass. 

19 hours ago, mark248am said:

A few things.

1) If you're going to install a soft top with your cup car, you need becareful since the soft top can damage the matt black sticker. Not that much of a biggie since it's the hidden area but still worth noting.

2) Does it not rain in England? Whenever I send my car through the automated car wash I ended up with water seeping in through the windows and today I noticed my trunk got soaked as well...

scratch1.jpg

scratch2.jpg

water.jpg

Wrap insulation tape around the offending metal nuts etc on soft top to help avoid this.  

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Softtop Shouldnt scuff the paint, something not right there, perhaps alighnment or wire tension.  I had to adjust my softtop for the V6S, but not tried it yet onnthe 380.

cheers

Mark

ps whats this about the roof coming loose? and waht fix is in the pipeline?

On 03/03/2018 at 15:42, DJW said:

Noticed that with mine and also no need for the central clamp at the rear.   However I found over a period of time these new clamps don’t hold the roof tight enough and I started getting knocking noises on bumpy roads from the roof.  Mentioned it to local dealer and they mentioned there is a known fix for this, so will be getting that fixed along with seat runners to stop rocking seat. 

@DJW Whats the fix for the roof?

cheers

Mark

No idea at this point in time. .  Car booked in for Monday 26th March, so will find out then and feedback 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

5 hours ago, mark248am said:

So this happened last night, luckily didn't break the carbon lip. Is this just glued to the bottom of the car? Cuz I see bolts, but they don't seem to screw or clip into anything.

Same thing on mine the first time it slightly touched the ground

The only thing that worked for me it s that black glue similar to silicone

there are many different types from just boat sealing to glue for windshield but one of them should be ok

put some glue on the insert and maybe a little even on the rubber around and press it back in place

I used some blue painting tape to put it in tension for maybe 12 hours

• Like 1

Sickaflex sticks anything to everything. But I’d pan that straight back to Lotus as that’s poor.

3 hours ago, DJW said:

No idea at this point in time. .  Car booked in for Monday 26th March, so will find out then and feedback 

@DJW Cheers DAve... 👍👍

On 3/16/2018 at 14:08, Maxi_z said:

Same thing on mine the first time it slightly touched the ground

The only thing that worked for me it s that black glue similar to silicone

there are many different types from just boat sealing to glue for windshield but one of them should be ok

put some glue on the insert and maybe a little even on the rubber around and press it back in place

I used some blue painting tape to put it in tension for maybe 12 hours

I got Concrete Bonding Adhesive and applied it today on the rubber and the metal bolt. It's holding up but will see how long it will last.