Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wanted Stevens esprit rear hub units - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Wanted Stevens esprit rear hub units

Hi Folks, 

After   nearside and offside rear hub units for a stevens esprit preferably complete with hub,bearing and alloy upright,  If anyone can help please drop me a pm. 

Regards Dan 

5a6d44574d05f_(2).jpg.d4b584e6909ccd3d9cf278ebe1b6ef1c.jpg

A

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Hmmm..... you are gonna seriously struggle with those chap. I had the very last o/s one sj had last year.

new ones machined from billet aluminium are available and sj will have them soon - but they are not cheap

• Thanks 1

Only here once

That's a great call on Steve's part even if they are expensive - too important a part to be unobtanium IMHO. I ain't touching my rear lower links until I can source a replacement in case things go tits up. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Yeah I remember that experience of yours - it's exactly the reason I'm holding off... 

My hub snapped while doing 80mph on the motorway on the way home from the UK on the day I collected it...the whole suspension on the drivers side collasped....fairly scary moment.....did well to keep it under control....took a while for the smell of poo to disappear from the cab

• Sad 2

Dave,

I've seen a pair on fleabay just very recently. Look out there, as they do turn up. If in immediate need, call round to the ... mglp... breakers.

Kind regards,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Yes Steve Strange is licking his lips in anticipation.....

Dave, 

Sorry to hear your maiden voyage ended up with a disaster like that,  I can well imagine the brown trouser moment that followed. 

Regarding Steve strange at DV,  I remember a forum member who was doing a project s2 but on modern running esprit gear,  he purchased a lot of suspension of a fire damaged Esprit sport 350,  think he paid 250 for each complete rear hub of memory, which at the time folks thought was expensive,   However in the grand scheme of things now that was peanuts and an absolute bargain ! 

However Vanya you are correct,  he will now list the used price about100 pounds under the SJ brand new priced part  :angry:

A

Agreed. It's always nasty to see an Esprit that could be salvaged, been torn to bits. But I suggest this: But call around and ask every single person may have something to do with Lotus.

For example, write Slava81 (ebay in the USA), and also call JAE , also in the USA on +1 (805) 967-5767 and ask them. I've dealt with both and they are really helpfull.

Make a call, not an email, also to South West Lotus in the UK on 01566 784152 and to PNM in the UK on 00 44 (0)151 630 6101, as they often have bits and bobs that they hardly don't even know about, and only find them upon telephone request and as they go look for it. It may be helpfull, and at least all these four have been most helpfull to me.

Kind regards,

jacques

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

1220 GBP PER SIDE?!?!!?!? BLOODY HELL! 

I'd best be f*****g careful drilling out the lower links in mine...

Or I'll just keep an eye on eBay and nab some unsuspecting listing even if I don't need 'em at present. 

• Like 1

Yes very scary price wise,   So expensive compaired to 150 per side for a used G esprit upright ! Yet when those dry up also they will head the same way price wise sadly :(

A

• 2 weeks later...

I have a brand new O/S unit for sale. Ive already sold my new N/S one. C082D4142K I believe is the part number. Its the last casting version. I also have a load of other new suspension items which I will sell (at the right price obviously)        

• Like 1

Cheers for the post Damien,  But those are for the early G cars,   But that said at 95 pounds these are a good buy if they go for that money,  they look clean and used ones normally go for around 150 at lotusbits and his shelves are becoming bare, so would be a good purchase for G car owners as a back up for the future,  they can sometimes  crack when fitting new bearings or removing the bottom stud that normally welds itself into the ali by way of rust. 

Very much appreciate the heads Damien as will other G car owners who may wish to get these as a spare for a future emergency :thumbup:

A

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Hi Jim,

Welcome to TLF :welcome:

If you think you have something that may be of interest to members on here, contact Bibs to let him know you would like to advertise your service.

Would a group buy lessen the cost per unit?

I presume by GDP you mean GBP?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)