Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Aftermarket 430 bumpers on the market already - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Aftermarket 430 bumpers on the market already

Your thoughts on these aftermarket 430 bumpers and can you see many Evora's owners going for the conversion?

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

I’m sure that plenty will (especially when you hear how much Lotus want for a set of OEM bumpers!)

Have you got a source for this particular version?

No source at the moment, the Owner as posted a good few photos on the Lotus Owners and Enthusiasts F/B forum 

I could be tempted although difficult to see the lines with that paintwork.

Looks like he has the A-Panels as well. I'd stick with the 400 bootlid and spoiler though - not a fan of the ducktail.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

That's what I thought, but not on their website yet. The front doesn't look rights, the hole looks too big - perhaps the splitter not being there is doing it.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

46 minutes ago, Colin P said:

That's what I thought, but not on their website yet. The front doesn't look rights, the hole looks too big - perhaps the splitter not being there is doing it.

Looking at the grey 430 I think this copy hasn't blended in the moulding around the hole back into the wing as well. Too angular.

Its similar with the rear but not quiet as obvious. Both the front and rear have holes that are slightly deeper and are less blended in to the background. It does make it look a little more clumsy. 

They really couldn't have picked a worse color to show it off. Not saying the color is bad, but its not really great for showing off the design.

It does appear to be more angular. Almost a looks like the GT design with some small 400 hints. It doesn't look bad, but really hard to see with this color. Maybe better lighting would help I am not sure. I do think the lack of front splitter makes the front look quite a bit different. Me thinks WinAce needs to add a optional splitter to this kit.

Edited by Likuid

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

Not a bad effort though, looks like carbon too. A compliment to Russell Carr and the design team that so many people like what he did.

But if it’s half decent carbon it’ll be £6k to do, probably more with the ducktail. I’d rather stick with the original look personally. Seems a bit lame to try and pass off a 400 as a 430 if that’s the plan. Give me a genuine 400 than a fake 430 any day.

4 hours ago, The Pits said:

Not a bad effort though, looks like carbon too. A compliment to Russell Carr and the design team that so many people like what he did.

But if it’s half decent carbon it’ll be £6k to do, probably more with the ducktail. I’d rather stick with the original look personally. Seems a bit lame to try and pass off a 400 as a 430 if that’s the plan. Give me a genuine 400 than a fake 430 any day.

Not just the 400 sure there are S1 owners out there that would like to update there cars to the latest spec front and rear bumpers and why not, good luck to them, like you said so many people like it and was always going to easier to copy than the GTE with its wider rear track and bodywork. Don't get the lame argument some people don't have the money for a 400 or 430.

• Like 2

My point is really that the 400 is a stunning looking car already. It won’t be cheap to do, so struggling to see it as a money saving exercise. Everyone is of course at complete liberty to do what they want to their own car. Lots of this sort of thing went on with Esprits I never got it then either, they were all styled by brilliant designers. Sticking a Cosworth bodykit on a 1.6L Sierra kind of makes more sense because the basic car is very dull. Each to their own of course, I don’t mind admitting that I quite like the look of that customised Evora, paintjob and all. But I’d still rather have whatever it was underneath.

I'm with The Pits. Posterity shows that originality rules! :)

I'm also amazed that 3rd Party companies like WinAce can just rip off someone else''s carefully styled design within a few weeks of it being launched and make money out of it, with seeming impunity. If it's an obsolete (out-of-production) part, then I guess that's reasonable.

Still, no-one one else on here seems to give a toss though: the sooner someone copies any new Lotus bodywork components the better it seems. Fake Rolex anyone?

I do agree that Lotus should offer upgrades, ideally through a resuscitated Motorsport Department. They could justify a premium on the basis that LMS work wouldn't invalidate the warranty.

Offering 430 bumpers and the engine upgrade would impact 430 sales though so it's easy to understand the reluctance. Not even Nissan offer the old GTRs the current car's power output, you have to go to a tuner for that also. Conversely McLaren did offer 12C owners the power upgrade it would be interesting to see if it harmed 650S sales, that appeared to apply only to the 12C.

It seems like it's just the cosmetic stuff that's of interest. You can already make a 410 handle more like a GT430 by speccing the Ohlins dampers, wider wheels and Ti exhaust. Not many seem to go for that though.

• Like 2

I'm saying that some 430 parts are already available for the GT410 Sport. It might even be possible to get for Ohlins fitted to a 400 if you asked very nicely and were willing to pay the extra too.

Lotus don't charge a lot more than Mick Gardner Racing for the Ohlins TTX either. They aren't making a huge amount amount of profit at £5k yet they spent many hours developing them and speccing them for the car.

Nice 'homage' here for you. He's definitely enjoying the benefits of that particular design without having to pay the very high price!

1950mpd4cfxiwjpg.jpg