Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Aftermarket 430 bumpers on the market already - Page 3 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Aftermarket 430 bumpers on the market already

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

Not any kind of big deal, just a bit naff. Absolutely good luck to anyone who wants to spend the thick end of £10k to make their car look more like a newer model while fooling precisely no-one in the process. 

This, in my usual durgely way is ,my point. What makes you think they are trying to fool anyone?  Where did that leap of logic come from?  It's not as if it's a kit car with a 1.2 fiesta engine trying to fool everyone in Chelmsford that it's a Ferrari 458 is it?

You just do not seem to understand, or want to understand, that someone might just prefer the look and say well, I could spend £10k to get the look or £55k to get the look AND the extra performance. Then the question is am i happy with the current performance of my car and if so then fine, I'll just have the look I prefer. No harm done surely?

I can imagine the grief you'd give the wife if she was ever to come home with a hairstyle similar to a celebs - " my god woman, you are not fooling anyone you fool by harbouring that foolish hairstyle - you're not and never will be, Kylie!  now go and wash it out....."      "But honey, I just LIKED the style........."

Gotta keep this light hearted, after all, it's not life or death.  i guess you just like your cars standard @The Pits and that is well fine by me. You have a stunning GT430 there and I'm not sure I would deface it either.

@LotusLeftLotusRight I do actually get your point. Lotus have put hard earned profits into creating a design and if it was me, I'd prefer to be asked if it could be copied and I would appreciate a royalty payment or the chance to say no thanks.  I do get that and do understand that ripping off someone else's design/work can have consequences.  Let us see when Lotus makes them available how much they are. if they are reasonable (a small premium) then I expect they could do good business. if not, then the copies will run out.  That's the reaon my every time I see a Prada or Vuitton handbag I just assume it is a fake. That and I know nothing about handbags. I'd like to think though I could pretty easily spot a fake GTE or GT430! :)

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

7 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Let us see when Lotus makes them available how much they are.

The Lotus price for the GT430 bumpers has already been leaked: over £16,000!!!!

And that’s even if they were available to Joe Public. Which they’re not (on back order, surprise, surprise). 

£16k LOL. So basically they are looking to make money off the bumpers from insurance claims.

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

• 2 months later...
On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 17:29, C8RKH said:

This, in my usual durgely way is ,my point. What makes you think they are trying to fool anyone?  Where did that leap of logic come from?  It's not as if it's a kit car with a 1.2 fiesta engine trying to fool everyone in Chelmsford that it's a Ferrari 458 is it?

You just do not seem to understand, or want to understand, that someone might just prefer the look and say well, I could spend £10k to get the look or £55k to get the look AND the extra performance. Then the question is am i happy with the current performance of my car and if so then fine, I'll just have the look I prefer. No harm done surely?

I can imagine the grief you'd give the wife if she was ever to come home with a hairstyle similar to a celebs - " my god woman, you are not fooling anyone you fool by harbouring that foolish hairstyle - you're not and never will be, Kylie!  now go and wash it out....."      "But honey, I just LIKED the style........."

Gotta keep this light hearted, after all, it's not life or death.  i guess you just like your cars standard @The Pits and that is well fine by me. You have a stunning GT430 there and I'm not sure I would deface it either.

@LotusLeftLotusRight I do actually get your point. Lotus have put hard earned profits into creating a design and if it was me, I'd prefer to be asked if it could be copied and I would appreciate a royalty payment or the chance to say no thanks.  I do get that and do understand that ripping off someone else's design/work can have consequences.  Let us see when Lotus makes them available how much they are. if they are reasonable (a small premium) then I expect they could do good business. if not, then the copies will run out.  That's the reaon my every time I see a Prada or Vuitton handbag I just assume it is a fake. That and I know nothing about handbags. I'd like to think though I could pretty easily spot a fake GTE or GT430! :)

Generally I also like my cars standard, but I have the 400  bumper on the front of my S.  two reasons, 1. A new bumper was needed and Lotus couldn't supply an S1 bumper, 2. I prefer the look of the 400 bumper.

The 400 bumper feels better made and more substantial than the S1 bumper .

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just looked these up, similar pricing as the Eliseshop items, can’t believe they are fibreglass as fit looks fantastic.

Seriously considering this update in the future now.

Dave 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Do or do not, there is no try! 

1 hour ago, John z said:

I ended up going with the hethelsport bumpers.

1 hour ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Just looked these up, similar pricing as the Eliseshop items, 

FYI, they are the same thing. They are produced by Win-Ace in Malaysia. (Hethelsport are the US agents & Eliseshop are the European agents). 

• Like 1

Oh that makes sense, they seem to be good quality items and really look the part. Not cheap but compared to OE items they are ok I guess, not sure how much prep they need or fettling.

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

10 hours ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Oh that makes sense, they seem to be good quality items and really look the part. Not cheap but compared to OE items they are ok I guess, not sure how much prep they need or fettling.

Dave :) 

From what I have read on various forums it would appear that they arrive well prepped for painting. Obviously some work required but not extensive.  Winace products would seem to have a good reputation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, rallyesax said:

Did anyone went for the Carbon Fibre 410 ducktail from winace? I know @Brusswent for the GRP, but I'd like to know if the carbon fibre look/quality is on a good level or very far from the Lotus OEM ones even if half price ? 

I would try the LotusTalk website in the USA, I believe a few people there have the Winace Carbon Ducktails.

The small print.

11 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Don’t forget that you need the herringbone weave finish. Not the single weave pattern like the GT430 wing.

This is from the Elise Shop website, they are the EU distributor. You can see the correct herringbone weave.

E410DTCF_LRG.jpg

The small print.

The guys on LotusTalk are really friendly and they do like to mod their Evora's often with very impressive results

• Like 1

The small print.

4 hours ago, rallyesax said:

Did anyone went for the Carbon Fibre 410 ducktail from winace? I know @Brusswent for the GRP, but I'd like to know if the carbon fibre look/quality is on a good level or very far from the Lotus OEM ones even if half price ? 

Hello. 

It wasn’t Bruss, t’was me. I was the first European purchaser of the Win-Ace GRP ducktail bootlid. I’ve still got it and I’m still happy that I’ve got it. 

But...

Over the years, I’ve learnt a couple of things. Firstly, the profile/shape is slightly different to the OEM version. The Win-Ace version is slightly more ‘rounded’ than the OEM version. It’s not a huge difference but if you have the 2 cars together (ie my car and a 410), you can tell the difference. 

Regarding the Win-Ace ‘carbon’ boot lid, I understand that it isn’t 100% carbon. It is a GRP bootlid, skinned with carbon. Hence, it is slightly heavier than than the GRP version. 

Edited to add: here is a UK eBay listing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOTUS-EVORA-410-SPORT-GT410-GT-GT430-carbon-ENGINE-COVER-2009-TO-2019-MODELS/264369866557

(However, do your due diligence on the seller and tread carefully).

• Like 1

I’ve not had any direct dealings with him/them but they have a slightly sketchy reputation. I’m pretty sure that they are also associated with TVRGlen, which can’t be a good thing. 

Ideally, I’m guessing that you would want to inspect the boot lid in person. (I wouldn’t necessarily trust their descriptions 100%). But that obviously won’t be possible for the foreseeable, for a number of reasons.