Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New 410 musings - Ex Cayman - Page 17 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New 410 musings - Ex Cayman

jonnyboy

Interesting earlier coments about torque limiting on the first and second.  Not sure if mine is different but it hits the revlimiter before realise in second. The shove fells endless, then the car says wakeup stupid and change gears.

Gord i love everything about what my 400 does and how it makes me feel 

Edited by au-yt
  • Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Cosworth! :>)

Cannot believe there were 2 brand new Cosworth 'unit's' for sale a couple of years ago for if I recall about £5k!

Bargain... I bet they revved out a tad more!  👍

• 1 month later...
On 21/10/2018 at 19:51, Hangar 111 said:

All things are possible 😁

We'll be looking at some "built" engines next year.

Dave

Dave that will be interesting, there is 4 litre version in the Toyota range.

Also it will be interesting to read the autopsy of the components and there quality, I know from reading the block is a saddle 4 bolt main cross drilled which is very impressive for a production engine.

Edited by au-yt

2 hours ago, jonnyboy said:

rbz3bs.jpg

So...She's back! 6 weeks away so a total of 3 months of the first 8 months of ownership the car has been away getting fixed. That's really not very good is it? ...

Awesome result! Yes, this bodes well for the future... a credit to you for persisting with getting the issues resolved.

BTW, love the colour... in that light it takes on an autumnal almost brown/gold tint... is it 'Motorsport Black' with the gold flecks in the paint?

Enjoy the driving now :>)

10 hours ago, jonnyboy said:

So...She's back! 6 weeks away so a total of 3 months of the first 8 months of ownership the car has been away getting fixed. That's really not very good is it? 

Anyway I'm glad to report that the Evora is back with a perfect roof and tailgate and aaaaalmost rattle free interior finally the car it should have been when it was new.  Andy and Neil have really salvaged a pretty cheesed off customer they are a real credit to the company. I had chance for a quick tour of the factory while I was down picking the car up something that I haven't had chance to do before now so that was very interesting. 

When I dropped the car off we were just at the tail end of the last remnants of this great summer and now with this awful cold weather it's brought back the issue of tyres. Really need to do something with the tyres! Had a full on tank slapper on the way into work today (about 5 degrees and very cold and we road surface) so when I get chance I'm thinking PS4s this seems to be a popular choice amongst the GT3 crowd who face similar issues at this time of year. We have a nice TTS in at the moment which I'm going to press into daily duty for the moment at least on wet days. I do hope to continue to use the car as much as reasonably possible during the winter anyway. Not really much sense letting it sit there.

Great to see that you are now happy with the car.  It does take up a lot of time and energy to keep trying to sort these issues out.  My experience with Neil is that he will certainly do whatever he can to help, so absolutely no issues for me in that area.

Your comment about the cup tyres reminds me of the Pzeros on my previous Cayman.  They worked OK in the coldish weather until they got to about half way through their life span, then sort of switched off at anything below 6 or 7 degrees.  I also had a couple of tank slappers at very nominal speeds.  I'm much happier with the Supersports on my 400 and in my opinion, if you want to run the 410's all year round and don't SORN through the winter months, then the cups are probably too much of a liability. 

13 hours ago, pete757 said:

BTW, love the colour... in that light it takes on an autumnal almost brown/gold tint... is it 'Motorsport Black' with the gold flecks in the paint?

I believe it's called "Yorkshire Drizzle"

Surprisingly though, it does look good ;)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 21/10/2018 at 03:51, Hangar 111 said:

All things are possible 😁

We'll be looking at some "built" engines next year.

Dave

Lotus Motorsport with Cosworth and Swindon Engineering didn't get there on the GT4 GTE race cars with the Toyota valve train system limitations.

1 hour ago, ricvx said:

I’m with you on the Cup 2’s in this weather. The car squirms all over the place on cold wet roads, it’s a bit like driving on ice. Definitely not a winter tyre!

Any idea how they compare to the 'Pilot Super Sports' or the Cup 4's on the same tyre of roads?

18 minutes ago, pete757 said:

Any idea how they compare to the 'Pilot Super Sports' or the Cup 4's on the same tyre of roads?

No sorry, Ive not tried either. They will definitely be more suitable in the cold though. The Cups do not cold.

3 hours ago, Julian73 said:

Lotus Motorsport with Cosworth and Swindon Engineering didn't get there on the GT4 GTE race cars with the Toyota valve train system limitations.

It depends on what they were trying to achieve and for what race series. I recon there is 500plus super charged with stronger internals

In my experience MPSS are pretty much like bars of soap below 5DegC too.

Whilst not exactly winter tyres, i get the impression MPS4S are a little better in these conditions. We will see as thats what will go on next.

On 23/11/2018 at 14:34, jonnyboy said:

I think the colour name is "Dark Metallic Grey" it is lovely unlike "don't look at me I'm shy red" :D

Lol, I actually like the colour of your car Jonny, it's very classy with the yellow calipers, are you sure that's the right colour name though?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I thought it was Military grey but was told at Lotus it was Dark Met Grey?

It was on the automatic car used on the press shots (still have the desktop background on the laptop) 

I did quite like the white one at Hexegon (which is for sale again now) but it was significantly more expensive than mine and ultimately I think this was always "the" colour for the 410. 

Been out and about this weekend in the car managed not to bin it. Very much looking forward to Spring 19. The slight rattle I seemed to have left overe resolved itself for today at least so although maybe for a short time I have a totally rattle free Lotus! 

Pretty sure its a Land Rover colour as I was looking at this car when it was on Williams' stand at Brands last year. They specced the colour, but I don't remember the name, just that it was a special order grey from LR - looks lovely!