Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Failed backbox - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Failed backbox

Anyone else had this issue? I've already had it repaired once but suspect if I do it again the repair won't last long. The rest of the backbox is in reasonable nick.

40751210685_5f1887ef96_c.jpgIMAG1653 by Peter Gentilli

41603075692_8b1dd691ec_c.jpgIMAG1654 by Peter Gentilli

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good call. Didn't think of that! Plumped for a new backbox in a moment of purchasing anger but will try and get this repaired as  backup.

Thanks @Bibs!

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

• 2 years later...

@gvy

Hi Geert,

I have the Sports silencer fitted now. I ordered the normal one to replace that broken one but was sent a sports one. I didn't need the hassle of sending it back so just fitted it. Can't say there's much difference apart from a bit more noise.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Thanks for the answer Pete. I have asked SJ about the difference between the 2 , but I didn't get an answer yet.

Since I have the 4-1 SS header and no central muffler for many years, The noise is ....sufficient.... and I don't  really need it louder.

• Haha 1

@gvy

I have the same setup Greet. There's a bit more bass but that's about it. I find having the k&n air filter makes quite a bit of difference to intake noise.

Pete

• Like 1

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

• 3 months later...

Running K&N's both myself with early Elan and mate with early Esprit quite enjoyed how they amplified the intake bark. From what I've read over the years K&N's are regarded as p*&s poor in terms of filtration. FWIW.