Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 18 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's very odd crawling down a jammed slip road onto an almost stationary dual carriageway to have the folks in the car next to you on the road beckoning and pretty much insisting that you pull on in front of them. Basically the reverse of what happens when my mate drives in his BMW, cars nose to bumper and everyone resolutely refusing eye contact...

• Like 2

New one today, got videoed by a couple of cars passing me on the M77. Evidently the Gumball rally was coming up the road today. 

• Like 1

We had a lovely sunny day here in Auckland last weekend, so it was windows down time! I was driving slowly down a steep (ish) hill and round a corner as we passed a mother and her son. I could hear them enthusiastically yelling "Ferarri, Ferrari!!!" (from the boy) and "Lambor Genie, Lambor Genie" from the Mum... She wasn't a local and had a bit of an accent :-)  If only they knew :-)

• Like 1

Rich Miles - Social Media Coordinator - Club Lotus New Zealand

www.clublotus.org.nz 
CLNZ Facebook Page Here
CLNZ YouTube Channel Here

• Gold FFM

I think the fact these cars are usually mistaken for Ferraris rather than 911s should tell you a lot as to just how "exotic" the Evora appears to most people. 

Obviously some people will think anything red and low is a Ferrari, but the majority of people are not car people. It's for this reason I love it when people spend time with Joe public and their kids telling them about the car. If just one of those kids goes home and puts a poster of an Evora on their wall (or their iPad background) then that's mission done. Historically the Esprit always went toe-to-toe with the Ferrari V8 of the day. It's a credit to that car that it was compared with FIVE generations of F-Car (The 308 was in production when the first car came out, the 360 was five years old when production finished!). Given an absence of a new Esprit, the Evora I would say is doing a fine job of helping Lotus return to those heady days of giving Enzo what-for. 

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM

First few days and I've had

A bus driver let me out, when it was his right of way. That's pretty rare and unexpected.

A lady in a petrol station in Leeds asked me what it was, then said "I win the lottery, I'd get myself one of them. It's a lovely colour that" Quite shocked me really, I've never had a lottery comment on ANY car I've been in or driven. 

A motorcyclist in Ipswich pulled up beside me and started giving me random compliments. I couldn't tell what they were, but they were definitely compliments - I know an angry motorcyclist when I see or hear one!

The neighbour, who I had previously told I would probably be getting a Lamborghini, Ferrari or an R8 said "You've done better I think".

And the usual turns, stares and looks of approval. Notably a lot of women seem to pay attention to it, more than I would normally expect.

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

9 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

Quite shocked me really, I've never had a lottery comment on ANY car I've been in or driven. 

As we have tried to tell you JayEmm, that's because in the past you've been buying Geeerman same old mobiles that are ten a penny and everywhere, about as common as bird shit under a tree, and with about as much soul as a hush puppies shoe.

Think of it as a second chance, a rebirth if you like. A miraculous contraption ;)

Now get back out there, drive it hard and long and help re-educate the fast asleep masses.

Still think the base 911 is a great car? Fancy trading it in for an M4? What about an Oooodi TiT RS?

Enjoy.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I got some petrol on my way to meet up with @Trevsked for the Newlands meet yesterday, went to pay and the young guy behind the till said which pump, I said 2 to which he looked up at the forcourt and his eyes popped out of his head and jaw dropped then said is that a "Lotus Evora"? He seemed impressed and asked if he could take a picture etc, not sure his boss was too keen on him leaving the till though lol. Didn't have the heart to tell him I was meeting Trev in his GTS just around the corner B-)

Not the first time this has happened at BP stations around my area lol

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

What's a GTS? Is it some sort of truck or something from Iveco?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Not to steal the thread as I love the Evora and one day !!. However, I get the same all the time with the Yellow Peril, cant go anywhere without someone asking to take a pic, or at a filling station. Can I sit in the seat for a mo. In my case I think it's the in your face color that does it.

As for the Evora. It's simply a stunning looking car.

Ah, one day.

The Evora is a massive head turner! I underestimated just how much. All positive though which is good. It's sad but I like the fact it turns heads. It makes me proud to own it. Sad? Maybe but I don't care!

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

What's a GTS? Is it some sort of truck or something from Iveco?

Er, you seem to have a very short memory these days, Andy:

;)

Must be all of those pink leather fumes...

Awww shucks sorry guys. Is that the MSG green one? A real beauty!

My mind was on Porker after the Jay posts and their 911 GTS thingy.

I'm getting old, shit happens, though thankfully not in my pants........  yet!

• Like 1

The small print.