Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 22 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

I rather think not! :(

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 3 weeks later...

Today I've had:
"Lovely noise, you've made my day" from a white van man.
Thumbs up from a Megane R26 owner
Guy stopped whilst crossing the road in central Edinburgh to take a photo with his camera.
LOTS of waves and smiles.

I love the Evora, the reaction is the same whether it's a 400 or an NA, it's a very under rated car.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

@Gravel@Gravel I assume you are referring to the 4x4's in the middle of the lane, who then refuse to go near the grass verge in case their sidewalls come into contact with, erm, oh yeah, dirt?

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

@Gravel@Gravel I assume you are referring to the 4x4's in the middle of the lane, who then refuse to go near the grass verge in case their sidewalls come into contact with, erm, oh yeah, dirt?

To be fair the choice was between a rockface and a sheer drop but if you're in an off roader...

• Like 1

Stopped at a garage near the Nurburgring and was with my mate in his modified 997.1 that looks pretty nice compared to stock. Paying for petrol and the lady behind the till says the Evora is beautiful. I kindly reply with 'thank you' and she then clarifies she was speaking about the car.... Making sure i knew she wasn't speaking abou me.... Lol! 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

So on Sunday evening I came back from the Fast Car Show at Donington and took it to a local "static" meet. That's a somewhat informal gathering rather than a car show. Majority of cars there being Japanese, highly modified, you get the idea. I wasn't entirely sure how well received a bloke turning up in a flash yellow sports car would be amongst a crowd with 300ZXs, Subarus and the like. As it turns out, they absolutely loved it. In particular they were very approving of the noises the exhaust makes. All of them really interested in it, quite a few knew their Lotuses too.

Then today, grabbing some supplies from the local farm shop, had a few kids ask if they can take photos etc... of which I am more than happy to oblige, this car really does bring a smile to my face in ways no other car ever has. A shame it frustrates in equal measure sometimes. Always nice to be reminded why we persevere though!

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Just now, Colin G said:

obviously all young women are mad for bald men with scruffy beards in their forties, who look like they've just been dragged out of a skip, right?

That's what I've been relying on for some time :lol:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

4 minutes ago, Bibs said:

That's what I've been relying on for some time :lol:

Now may be our time mate. :rofl:

2 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

So go on, share the telephone number then...

Obviously I passed on the offer Michael, but if I ever bump in to her again I can give her yours if you like? :lol:

For a shape which is six years old at least, I'm genuinely surprised how much more attention this unmolested S1 Evora gets than my old MSG S3 Elise with its full 2bular exhaust popping and gurgling. Every day I've driven it so far I've seen camera phones snapping photos and/or heard cries of "Oooh! A Lotus!".

Cant say I mind at all as it's exactly how I feel when I see any Lotus drive past ?

I think it's part of the Lotus mindset, it genuinely makes my day to see another while out and about. Porsches are pretty bland in comparison, would anyone really get excited about seeing a Boxster or Cayman? I very much doubt it. I would say the only other marque sub supercar that I love to see would be TVR, maybe I just love an underdog too much.

Totally agree, I have transitioned to Lotus from TVR so am used to those foibles that make this type of car unique - unfortunately TVR still have some big issues as I looked at Tuscans etc and basically if you havn't had an engine rebuild by 30k miles then you need one!

1 hour ago, Tropica said:

Totally agree, I have transitioned to Lotus from TVR so am used to those foibles that make this type of car unique - unfortunately TVR still have some big issues as I looked at Tuscans etc and basically if you havn't had an engine rebuild by 30k miles then you need one!

It's times like this that I'm glad to have a Toyota in the boot.

Met Mrs mik for lunch in the pretty-posh Merchant City area of Glasgow. 

As I parked and got out some  bloke shouted "Tadger!" From the window of his flat. Can't win em all. :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mik said:

Met Mrs mik for lunch in the pretty-posh Merchant City area of Glasgow. 

As I parked and got out some  bloke shouted "Tadger!" From the window of his flat. Can't win em all. :) 

:lol: there was a white Evora spotted on Duke Street yesterday lunchtime by Dom on SE, maybe it was you...

http://www.scottishelises.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42296