Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fun replicas - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Fun replicas

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 hours ago, Trevsked said:

There’s a G40 that’s appealing at the moment but it’s a fairly serious track car and might be just a bit too serious but yes Ginetta are attractive. 

The Elise and Exige of course are the pick of the bunch but I do like a left of field car. Caterham (SV) the obvious choice for me.

The Dehaviland DGT Dino is the best replica of its type I’ve seen (pics only) and that’s based on an MGF, be a good all rounder I’d think.

Trevor.

I really like that Dino - even the white paint! Did not even know they existed.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Stratos rep would be £60k plus to build and whilst I love them I just can’t wait for the 18 month to two year pre order for the Listerbell which is the best I’ve seen. I’m in the £10-20k or cheaper market. Dax Rush I’m not in love with but know the trick suspension could be very good. Paul Matty’s 11 is over priced I think but do like the seats and if it’s one of those I end up with I will make enquiries as to what exactly they are. I’m hoping to make a decision on something by the end of the weekend but jury is out so far.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

56 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

Stratos rep would be £60k plus to build and whilst I love them I just can’t wait for the 18 month to two year pre order for the Listerbell which is the best I’ve seen. I’m in the £10-20k or cheaper market. Dax Rush I’m not in love with but know the trick suspension could be very good. Paul Matty’s 11 is over priced I think but do like the seats and if it’s one of those I end up with I will make enquiries as to what exactly they are. I’m hoping to make a decision on something by the end of the weekend but jury is out so far.

Trevor.

Whilst I think the Westfield 11 is the best looking of the cars - I think you're right that £27k seems a lot> I also think its odd they don't offer a more modern engine in it - hence I'd still lean towards the ERA 30 especially as it has that private number plate 

Can you get some new tyres on it if you buy another Trev :lol:

F5D00A60-86C3-469E-823F-E27AC2040F67.jpeg.f9e486ce7aea2ebd5c4d3e1fdf147c14.jpeg

is that a DeLorean I see in the background @Mark Blanchard ? I assume that was the D Hofmanns had up for sale 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Pete,

im afraid I don’t like either of this but appreciate you looking anyway.

kas,

thats an interesting take on an 11, had no idea they existed, I’ll take a closer look. Als the trike looks a nice design and a great alternative to a Morgan, another car I hadn’t looked at and although not for me, looks like a great little car.

Trevor.

• Gold FFM
On 30/05/2018 at 10:06, Chillidoggy said:

Just another thought - what about an Elan? The original one, not the M100. The weather protection should be reasonably good, and the resale value may be better than a kit. Or they getting too pricey these days?

And what's happening with the A310 project? I was really looking forward to seeing that one.

M100 is a fantastic little motor and can be tuned for fun. Not all roofs leek so can also be used as a daily.

Been tempted with the M100 John but the interiors always look so tired. I’ve a set of Recaros that would go thraight in though and seen these on a couple of cars and look perfect.

Trevor.

Trevor/Kevin, doesn't that Triking link show what a wonderful hobby lies waiting?  Not owning and using one, nor even building one, but simply specifying it - occupation for a whole winter of evenings!  It makes speccing a Lotus seem like a 5 minute job.

Now I've had my recollections of boyhood Meccano awakened, who knows where that spec sheet might lead. Is a reverse gear really necessary?  Large badge or small, aluminium or brass...........

Sure you won't reconsider, Trevor?  Think what a great thread you could write here - reading a Triking site would be cheating. I want to learn from the mistakes of a novice builder! 

• Haha 1

Hi Mel,

i love all cars and it seem the worse they are the better 🙂 if I went the trike route it would be a Scorpion and there’s a tempting one for sale at the moment. Missed out on a cheap example at the Kit Car Show a few weeks back, he who hesitates and ll that.  I’d like to build something and the Tiger ERA 30 that’s available and been through IVA may be a good option as although built I has plenty of scope for me to mess up. I know it’s going to cost more in the end than the finished red one and not be as good but feels a better fit budget wise, assuming I can get atvthe right price.

Trevor.

Choose a Scorpion over a Triking ! Wow, that would be getting serious, Trevor.  I had a project more in line with my building a Spartan +2 many years ago. (A poor man's Morgan, sort of.)  From a new chassis up, with Spitfire mechanicals. Learnt a lot, including how to weld. That was not anticipated to be necessary but actually important for success, along with not following the (very brief) instructions too closely. To end up with something I was prepared to take the family on the road in, I incorporated most of the angle iron from a bed frame in addition to what was supplied. Ran it for 10 years, with daily short run use by my good lady.   

I wonder how the ERA 30 (my choice) is for tall people?  A few years ago at the Kit Car Show I tried several cars for size, for leg length mainly, and found I'd have to have mine shortened a good few inches.  (Considering modifications and improvements always an open possibility in a kit builders mind.) Anyway I decided the cost of the operation plus the kit made them a poor resale prospect.

In reality, to build anything today the Evora would have to sleep outside, so it's not on. Unless I move?  I'm looking forward to following your adventures though:  ERA 30, ERA 30, ER.................... 

Unless you really want a Spartan! Same colour as mine below

Image result for spartan car photos

Edited by mdavies
Grammar

I was tempted by an ERA 30 many years ago and was all set to order one for building, but ended up ordering my second Caterham instead. I built both of those and thoroughly enjoyed the experience but still hankered after the 30 some day, they are just so damned pretty. Come the time of being ready for one, my arthritic knees told me not to be a silly boy as I would struggle to crawl around on the garage floor these days! 😕

Go for a 30, they are just lovely. 👍😄

I must say it appeals the most but I do struggle with the price, as it seems may do. I couldn’t build it for anywhere near the cost but once at £20k there is a huge choice not least of which is the Caterham, Elise and lower fringes of Exige, all of which are sellable after as no doubt better vehicles. I’m stalling a bit as have an Alfa Spider to move on and there is also an 11 that I see didn’t sell at auction on Saturday and therefor available.

Trevor.