Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tex’s Lotus Exige Cup 430 - Page 11 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Tex’s Lotus Exige Cup 430

On 13/09/2019 at 16:35, Tex said:

I am aware of a couple of folks who have upgraded their Evoras to the Komotec 475 but has anyone had the EX475 done to their Exige or potentially thinking of doing so

Would be interested in some input 

I’m thinking of doing so after Feb but now I’ve heard about the 490 I’m awaiting more info to filter down from KT re the above points about internals. 

1 minute ago, Andy Norman said:

I’m thinking of doing so after Feb but now I’ve heard about the 490 I’m awaiting more info to filter down from KT re the above points about internals. 

Yes that would make sense but the 475 upgrade for the Cup 430 and 410 Sport has only just come out .

The 460 and 500 kit was designed for the V6s, Cup 360 etc and is far more expensive than the 475 upgrade is. In any event 490 sounds attractive although would seem to be as mentioned requiring some internals 

8 minutes ago, Tex said:

Yes that would make sense but the 475 upgrade for the Cup 430 and 410 Sport has only just come out .

The 460 and 500 kit was designed for the V6s, Cup 360 etc and is far more expensive than the 475 upgrade is. In any event 490 sounds attractive although would seem to be as mentioned requiring some internals 

I’m just waiting for the warranty to run out on mine then will see what KT have at that time. I think it’ll be able to handle sub 500 given it’s only 15 more than the current upgrade which I assume has the nuts tested out of it at KT but we will see what details emerge. 

Rods and pistons required for the 500 upgrade. But how mental would that be 👿👿👿👿👿

Not sure you would see much real world differences between 460 and 475, but at 500 WoW....

When I was at KT getting my upgrade they were testing a 500hp (ex430 Cup) with a sequential box... and it was LOUD. But personally if KT develop the DSG box to fit the Exige that would be way better than making a jump from 470 to 500. Just mho....

cheers

41 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

Rods and pistons required for the 500 upgrade. But how mental would that be

Is this because of material properties, geometry or just design differences?

7 hours ago, vd9 said:

Is this because of material properties, geometry or just design differences?

I asked at KT when I was there, cant be more specific. However KT are really good, give them a call.

cheers

Mark

I can hear lot of fantasy about this Dsg box in the exige , but this will never happen I have the feeling , this sequential for me makes no sense to use it especially when you hear that it needs rebuild every 10 - 15 k miles ... I am waiting as well waranty out on my 410 to put more torque on it , after only couple of month owning it   . I am really missing torque , that is disapointing when I compare my previous N A porsche which 400 nm  and seeing this 3.5 v6 supercharged with only 20 nm more than an na engine ,definitely weird ??? I guess it is the part of this toyota engine which is a much less good base as a sport engine  build ? this is something  I am not getting ...  sounds maybe like a turbo is giving more torque than a compressor ? apart from that , the feeling , the stand , it is an amazing car , nothing better comes in my mind , maybe this ultima rs , but probably too extreme for me XD 

and if you compare to those little sporty cars like a golf r will deliver 400 nm at 2000 rpm , same for a leon cupra with 380 nm at less than 2000 ... when I compare just those numbers , I even don t get how this 3.5 supercharged engine is only giving 420 nm  and at 3000 even more late ..??? when you see those little 2.0 L engine overtaking you on the autobahn , okay they were maybe sllightly modified I suppose , I am feeling ridiculous with my very loud car ahahaha 

• Like 1

But your probably not doing less than 2000rpm on the autobahn are you? If so you must be plodding along in top, smoking a pipe and wearing slippers so it's no suprise "little 2.0 L enginecome past. To be fair my son had an Audi TTRS that was chipped, and it was really rapid, it just looked shit, just like the Golf R and the Cupra.....

I'll just stick with my 460 Hp and 489 Nm.... enough for me 😉

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Hi, here are some questions regarding the initial roll cage topic :)

On 01/06/2018 at 18:49, Tex said:

I had air bag delete which included the harness brace, but it would appear the plastic cover behind seats gets removed showing all manner of Cables. I was assured this was normal but would appreciate views on this. Looks a bit naff really but maybe it is the only solution

You then have the full roll cage as show here ?
Compared to the Sport roll cage with seems to be a much lighter version. Perhaps this Sport one is compatible with the rear bulkhead you're missing, don't know...

On 04/06/2018 at 11:21, alexthewheelman said:

I also personally dislike the look of the steering wheel without the airbag and the big pad on it.

Any photo of such a steering wheel please ? :)

A switch to disable airbags while tracking with harnesses, and to enable then while driving with seat belts would have perhaps been a nice solution :)

Many thanks !

3 minutes ago, Martrack said:

Compared to the Sport roll cage with seems to be a much lighter version. Perhaps this Sport one is compatible with the rear bulkhead you're missing, don't know...

A switch to disable airbags while tracking with harnesses, and to enable then while driving with seat belts would have perhaps been a nice solution :)

Many thanks !

Yep full 

• Like 1

On 16/07/2018 at 22:01, Tex said:

Another issue is there are no pops and bangs on deceleration. My old 380 made a better sound but unsure why the 430 doesn’t , perhaps to do with the Titanium Exhaust.

By curiosity, did you try the steel exhaust on your Cup 430, which is the same (*) on both Cup 380 / Cup 430 ?
You would perhaps get your pops & bangs back :)

(*) Lotus exhausts compatibility guide

Edited by Martrack

Pops and bangs on deceleration are usually due to unburnt fuel. Maybe the 410/430 are more fuel efficient and better mapped due to the charge-cooler installation? However my KT 460 installation on my 380 still pops and bangs on deceleration, however KT don’t have access to the full ECU code I believe.

cheers

Mark

30 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

Pops and bangs on deceleration are usually due to unburnt fuel. Maybe the 410/430 are more fuel efficient and better mapped due to the charge-cooler installation? However my KT 460 installation on my 380 still pops and bangs on deceleration, however KT don’t have access to the full ECU code I believe.

cheers

Mark

Yes this may well be the case as the new 2018 emission rules relating to noise also led to  the exhaust valve switch being removed 

On 27/09/2019 at 15:51, Martrack said:

I think I've found (see attached photo).
The big pad looks rather strange yes...
There's still the removable steering wheel which seems to look nicer.
https://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?MAK=1&MDL=42&TBL=11583&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=h&SC=0

Still concerned by the lack of airbags on the road though...
Still the possibility to drive with harnesses on road, as you do on track, but not so practical...

sw.jpg

On 27/09/2019 at 14:51, Martrack said:

Many thanks

In effect, the airbags already have this ‘switchable’ feature.

The airbags are triggered in these cars by a collision level pull on the inertia reel seatbelts.

If you crash whilst using the harnesses, the airbags will not go off.

Edited by Five50