Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tex’s Lotus Exige Cup 430 - Page 6 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Tex’s Lotus Exige Cup 430

4 hours ago, 550superfast said:

19th November at Silverstone. 

You should get an opportunity there. 

Are you going Gary?

I'll unfortunately be on rubbish tyres (Nankang NS2-R) as I don't fancy buying another set of Cup 2s at the moment going into winter.  I think I'll still be quicker than a 430 though ;)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 550superfast said:

19th November at Silverstone. 

You should get an opportunity there. 

How do you work that one out , 102db drive by, 

I don’t think so

7 hours ago, Tex said:

How do you work that one out , 102db drive by, 

I don’t think so

Because you will be there in your 430 Cup and @GFWilliams will be there in his EX460. I might be there too. I thought there would be some lapping out there together.

Are you too loud for a 102 drive by then?

If so look at Spa 8 or 14th November - subject to weather.

1 hour ago, 550superfast said:

Because you will be there in your 430 Cup and @GFWilliams will be there in his EX460. I might be there too. I thought there would be some lapping out there together.

There were some Exige 380s on the day at Silverstone last year and they were okay. 430 has the same Exhaust doesn’t it.   Last year I was having to lift on the straights, but I managed the full day without being asked to leave.  This year I’ll be easily under the noise limit!

On 22/10/2018 at 02:38, Andy Norman said:

Yes

just B&Q job?

This tube?

C369A2B0-B425-4A9B-9C2D-9FA61F91B832.jpeg

5E160F8D-C550-4590-A9CE-131CB6BF5FE6.jpeg

Yes, thats the tube. You need to plug it on the charger. you can plug the tube side if you want also, but it doesnt matter.

3 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

There were some Exige 380s on the day at Silverstone last year and they were okay. 430 has the same Exhaust doesn’t it.   Last year I was having to lift on the straights, but I managed the full day without being asked to leave.  This year I’ll be easily under the noise limit!

If someone can confirm the 102 situation I'll be there (and probably there on 12th as well!)

10 hours ago, 550superfast said:

4 hours ago, RRSSS said:

If someone can confirm the 102 situation I'll be there (and probably there on 12th as well!)

8 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Unfortunately Silverstone is not suited to full out driving in either 380’s or 430’s as per previous threads.

Both these cars with or without the Ti Exhaust will easily exceed 106db 

Nevertheless it is still possible to get good speed particularly if you can locate  the 3 noise traps !!!

15 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

No, it doesn’t. Not everywhere has noise limits.

Aha, they don't have those on the B roads, I suspect. As for the rest (Silverstone, Donington, Brands Hatch, Goodwood, Castle Combe, Anglesey) last time I checked they did have noise limits below discussed above for 95% of the days, which makes those vehicles somewhat unusable. Very unfortunately so.

Edited by vd9

58 minutes ago, alexthewheelman said:

To all those 430 Cup owners and other fast Exige owners who are you using for trackday insurance?

Also potentially looking to come on 19th, will wait to see what the weather is like

I have trackday cover included with my road policy with Henderson Taylor, but for standalone cover I recommend Moris (who I use for my Nordscheife trackdays, which are not covered on my road policy days)

5 hours ago, vd9 said:

As for the rest (Silverstone, Donington, Brands Hatch, Goodwood, Castle Combe, Anglesey) last time I checked they did have noise limits below discussed above for 95% of the days

There are plenty of tracks outside the UK. 

Lotus doesn’t just sell cars in the UK. 

2 hours ago, alexthewheelman said:

Thanks Arun, I'm with Adrian Flux for road but they use a third part for track cover and it costs extra. Just wanted to get some quotes to compare, I'll have a look at Moris

I used Aviva Distinct, but you need to have a policy with them for your yearly insurance.  Cost about £190 with a £5k excess.

Moris wanted £250 with a £2500 excess.

Of course, the 430 Cup is worth quite a lot more than my car, so your prices will be a bit more I'd imagine.

5 hours ago, alexthewheelman said:

To all those 430 Cup owners and other fast Exige owners who are you using for trackday insurance?

Also potentially looking to come on 19th, will wait to see what the weather is like

Spent a bit of time on this and if you want some suggestions etc PM me and i can give you some figures.

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

There are plenty of tracks outside the UK. 

Lotus doesn’t just sell cars in the UK. 

So at least we agree these are largely unusable in the UK. :zorro:

7 hours ago, alexthewheelman said:

Manning UK for my annual day to day insurance. Comes with unlimited track day cover.

Edited by Guest

19 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

I used Aviva Distinct, but you need to have a policy with them for your yearly insurance.  Cost about £190 with a £5k excess.

Moris wanted £250 with a £2500 excess.

Of course, the 430 Cup is worth quite a lot more than my car, so your prices will be a bit more I'd imagine.

More importantly, what is the sum insured that you guys are putting in? E.g. For me, Grove & Dean quoted sum insured 20k excess is 2k and cost is £178.

Was passing Silverstone Lotus yesterday so thought I would call in to enquire about just getting an interim oil service at end on month.

Got a couple of track days to do and will have around 3,000 on clock and in keeping with other owners a 6 monthly oil change seems sound sense.

Was expecting to pay around £200 but was a bit shocked at £416. Apparently they don’t offer an oil service and it has to be classed as a 1st year Service, although it seems there is little else done.

May try an independent for this as it seems  a very steep cost !!

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Tex said:

Was passing Silverstone Lotus yesterday so thought I would call in to enquire about just getting an interim oil service at end on month.

Got a couple of track days to do and will have around 3,000 on clock and in keeping with other owners a 6 monthly oil change seems sound sense.

Was expecting to pay around £200 but was a bit shocked at £416. Apparently they don’t offer an oil service and it has to be classed as a 1st year Service, although it seems there is little else done.

May try an independent for this as it seems  a very steep cost !!

Now thats what I call being RIPPED off.....