Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Evora 'Sports Racer' Club! - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Evora 'Sports Racer' Club!

pete757

Not to be left out...

A new thread... possibly and hopefully at least 25 posts long, as I gather there are only 25 N/A sports racers in the UK! And i am lucky enough to own one!

So to start off, mine is MY14, Ardent Red with black interior. Time to get a 'certificate of provenance' from Lotus so I have more details!

Will be great to hear from the other 24! 😉

Cheers, Pete :>)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I assume the club is for the NA version or can “S” sports racers be added; not that there are many more of these!

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

I think we can manage with a 60 post thread lol

NA here, white with black interior

Just a few miles from me is a proper unicorn - NA IPS, white with red interior, for sale at Lawton Brook.

2 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

I assume the club is for the NA version or can “S” sports racers be added; not that there are many more of these!

Go on then!! 😁 😎

Manual 2014 S signing in.

Shouldn't this thread have pictures? Recent image I have to hand.....

7xbtwwR.jpg

Edited by mik

They were a run-out model for the S1 (so sold as Sports Racers). All the option packs plus the black roof, mirrors, sills, front valance, badge lettering, rear light trims, wheels.)

Edited by mik

Wrong, I knew I’d catch someone out :lol:

Some of the final run out models were specials which did not have black roofs etc (thank god! :P) but were still sold & registered as Sports Racers :driving:

Well obviously you have to account for the Lotus factor.

Its like when Pagani made the last Zonda. Then the last last Zonda. Then a suoer-special final final Zonda etc.

• Like 1

Yes, agreed, we need photos!

So here is my Ardent Red one (again!)

I am biased of course!!! but I much prefer the interior of the 'SR' than the 400 'onwards'. It feels classier, but still purposeful! Love the S/S buttons (yes I know you cannot see them but I know where the light switch and the 'Sports' button is!) and the Recaro seats look the biz and are just so comfortable!

Also included are all the bits that later Evora's don't have!!! like the boot bag!

Evora Sports Racer MY14.jpg

15 hours ago, Bruss said:

They were never a run out model. They were a facelift Evora after the initial sc model.

They were an Addition to the "normal" range, but as they were a lot cheaper than a comparable NA / S with the same Options so I got the impressions that nearly SR only were sold

• Gold FFM

I think history (and residuals) will  (eventually) hold a special place for SRs. 

For me, still the most cohesive design for the Evora. Post initial prototype (I include the first few 10s of cars in that) but before the extensive remodelling and so on. 

Paul, that is hethel (alright, essex) blue isn't it?

Edited by JG220

C179 Essex Blue, but TBH nothing like the original 3 Essex Blue colour codes, so you’re probably right in your thoughts