Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Evora 'Sports Racer' Club! - Page 13 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Evora 'Sports Racer' Club!

pete757

@MatB Nice - another in the vicinity..... good that you have the red mirrors so no-one blames you for my bad driving 😉

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, gamaphobe said:

Collected my IPS S Daytona Blue Sports Racer yesterday 

Welcome.

Is that the Martin Donnelly (company) car? I can’t remember if he had an IPS or a manual. Either way, ISTR that there weren’t many made in that blue. 

• Gold FFM
22 hours ago, gamaphobe said:

Got room for one more in the club?

Collected my IPS S Daytona Blue Sports Racer yesterday and couldn’t be happier!

IMG_1294.jpeg

Hello, nice upgrade. I’ve just dropped off my Elite at PNM 😉  

you’ll love the SR as a daily, best interior of the Evoras in my opinion  👍

2 hours ago, Gareth44 said:

7 according to my certificate.....

Whoa! Very small club! I’ve got a certificate on the way, also can’t wait for that!

1 hour ago, Gazm said:

Hello, nice upgrade. I’ve just dropped off my Elite at PNM 😉  

you’ll love the SR as a daily, best interior of the Evoras in my opinion  👍

Hey How’s it going Gary!!

I do love the interior, that definitely is an upgrade for me 😁

I need to see your 430, must be an absolute beast!

• Like 1

:lol:

Treated it like my own! Only ever hand washed, zymol waxed and warmed/cooled before each run, fed a diet of Shell V-Max only. To be fair, it was commented on its return that it was in much better condition than the other one! 

Some nice pics for you...

https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/long-term-tests/driven-evora-s-ips-sports-racer/

https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/long-term-tests/lotus-evora-s-ips-sports-racer-its-easy-to-forget/

side_dark_panorama_cropped_small_fb.jpg

back_panorama_small_fb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

On 19/04/2023 at 17:33, TdM said:

Directly from Mr Andy Graham via the CoP:

Sports Racers are made up of

24x Sports Racers

2x IPS Sports Racers

53x S Sports Racers

22x S IPS Sports Racers

I have come in late on this thread. I did not appreciate ther was such a model as a Sport Racer even! I wonder if it is possible that there is a breakdown of the above data to show more detail - say, colours and drive side even? I have a lhd S with IPS in Nightfall Blue - it would be interesting to know how many similar, so that I can attach a premium price tag to it..🤣🤣

I had a choice of a couple of 400s or my, older by a year' model. I chose this one as I much prefer the older 'rounder' style of the front and rear end. I know the trend is to have aggressive gaping openings on the front now, but I just find them ugly. I had an RS6 a few years back with the same that just took away from the elegance of a large car. 

I am though slightly annoyed as I have made a few mofifications - (apologies if you do not like the GTE wing, but it is so outrageously well designed, I just had to have it..😀) - the most notable being my desire to lower the temperature of the charge by fitting a water cooled intercooler. I have the Komo-tec cold air intake and balanced exhaust fitted in preparation. But just as I am ready now to buy the intercooler/blower, Komo-Tec tell me that the the installation requires a 400 style front end for the radiator😩 so I am in two minds whether or not to continue..! 

Though with all the nonsense going on around the place, I guess I am pretty lucky to have only this dilemma..!🤙

IMG_4994.jpeg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hal said:

I am though slightly annoyed as I have made a few mofifications - (apologies if you do not like the GTE wing, but it is so outrageously well designed, I just had to have it..😀) - the most notable being my desire to lower the temperature of the charge by fitting a water cooled intercooler. I have the Komo-tec cold air intake and balanced exhaust fitted in preparation. But just as I am ready now to buy the intercooler/blower, Komo-Tec tell me that the the installation requires a 400 style front end for the radiator😩 so I am in two minds whether or not to continue..! 

Check out the TVS s/c option. I don't believe this requires body mods?

Interesting you point this out Jonny! What do you see that the car is lacking for the SR spec?

I am not overly concerned that it might not be, I only judged it to be one from the various descriptions earlier in the thread... 

`My initial awakening that mine is an SR was taken from an attachment that Bibs posted back on page 3:

https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/lotus-evora-sports-racer-revealed/

Of the list of items here, I have them all - all the black bits, seats with red piping and a 'liberal dose of suedtex' if this means the front of the dash and strips in the door panels. Red stitching etc. The ICE is touch screen with DVD (INE-W920R).

This flyer does not mention the 19/20 wheel combo, but I see it later. Yes I have 18/19s (originally black but I got bored with black...) - was the car destined for China maybe, or, did they just run out of 19/20s on the day the car was shoved out the door?! They are Lotus forged wheels though, so I assume the originals. It does not have cross drilled discs - they could have been replaced, but with only 60k kms on the clock, I doubt it.

The flag badges I cannot comment on! Were these not supplied loose with the car for dealer attachment? Maybe the French dealer did not follow instructions, as they are both in the same place... As I have been so peed off with Brexit though, I have often thought of removing them and shoving them somewhere unpleasant if I ever met Boris🤣🤣

Maybe an email to Andy is called for..?

Edited by Hal

3 hours ago, Hal said:

…Details…

I am happy that I might well ‘stand corrected’. 

Unfortunately, an email to Andy Graham will probably not suffice anymore. You might have to go the ‘whole hog’ and invest in one of these:

https://shop.thelotusforums.com/products/lotus-certificate-of-provenance

(I think that you also get Gold FFM with it). 🤞