Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Check light and temp gauge - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Check light and temp gauge

Hi folks. so someone took the rise out of me leaving the rainbow and dove on Thursday night because my check light was on. Over the past few years due to possibly lack of use the check light keeps coming on and all I do is wiggle the relays and the problem goes away. HOWEVER this time it did not. On the way home the water temperature gauge was erratically going from normal (what ever that is) to max temperature. I guess the question is should we have a engine "checkfest", I jest, does anyone know if the 2 are related ie check light and the temp gauge.

Dave

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Fancy driving it to mine? I doubt you have a coolant issue.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Won't be here Mon/Tue ( @Dan Ewill be trying to have his evil way with me) but Wed/Thu OK?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Have you checked coolant level? Erratic temperature readings can be caused by pockets of steam passing the sensor, due to a low level of coolant.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.