Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Let’s see your BC wheels (or other after market) - Page 4 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Let’s see your BC wheels (or other after market)

1 hour ago, Kristof Thys said:

Thread ressurection... @BatMobile did you ever come around weighing these?

Still going strong these bc forged wheels (lockdown makes me looking a wheel set #3 for my car)

I didn’t no, but having changed them over they felt slightly lighter than the lotus forged wheels. 

On an Esprit v8 in this case.....(sorry not a great photo). I bought these so I didnt have to keep my OZ Novas on the car as they are pretty irreplaceable now.

IMG_20190725_143702.jpg

New Wheels.jpg

• Like 1

Nice FD2 Civic Type-R there too!

2 hours ago, dclare said:

On an Esprit v8 in this case.....(sorry not a great photo). I bought these so I didnt have to keep my OZ Novas on the car as they are pretty irreplaceable now.

IMG_20190725_143702.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 09/04/2019 at 03:16, Maxi_z said:

I wanted to order them in 8x17 ET25 and 10x18 ET33 as that should be the spec on the bronze ones on the pictures above.

But on my cup r there were some spacers fitted for clearance at the rear and without them the wheel was almost touching inside and I did not understood what was the difference.

I knew there were some different than standard ohlins springs fitted with slightly bigger outer diameter but the wheels I could try to fit (exige cup 380 10x18 ET32 with 285 tyres) were also very close to the top mount

To make it short I think that the larger tyre (on the pictures of the bronze wheels is a 280 large slick tyre) the camber settings and the slightly bigger springs made it a very tight fit so I decided to go for

8x17 ET24 front and 10x18 ET30 rear

That way it will fit the car no problem as it is and I can if wanted change the top mounts bolted to the chassis for the cup 380 ones that give more clearance and fit the standard eibach springs or even fit a thin shim to the wheel as lotus did on the 380 cup.

But still If I want them fitted to another exige v6 or as they are they are just 2mm more flush than the oem 380 cup ones that is not much.

I tried the rear wheels with shims to get ET26 (similar to the rays ones in the pictures of the blue 380 cup that are ET25) but even if they can still fit ok I think they start to be visually a bit too much wide and would look right only in a really really lowered car.

Did you weight them?  

• 3 months later...

Oh wow @Arun_D your car and those wheels are gorgeous! Nothing more to be said.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Damn, yet another Exige with RZ05's 😁😁

j/k looking ace @Arun_D; like what you did with the centre drop.  I was in doubt on mine, but I really really like how it works on your car!  Looking great!

PS: if you ever need Lotus emblems that fit over the BC ones, drop me a line (got mine on ebay, but took a few attempts to get right)

@Arun_D looking at your pics: did you replace the valve stem cap with a black one?  Or do BC now offer to have a black valve stem? (mine are RVS and want black)?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kristof Thys said:

Damn, yet another Exige with RZ05's 😁😁

j/k looking ace @Arun_D; like what you did with the centre drop.  I was in doubt on mine, but I really really like how it works on your car!  Looking great!

PS: if you ever need Lotus emblems that fit over the BC ones, drop me a line (got mine on ebay, but took a few attempts to get right)

@Arun_D looking at your pics: did you replace the valve stem cap with a black one?  Or do BC now offer to have a black valve stem? (mine are RVS and want black)?

I agonised for a long time trying to settle on colour choice (this was back in June when I originally ordered them!). You don't want to see my research! As Brushed Dark Black is a clear tint, it looks different in varying light (which I love) but it made it difficult to gauge true appearance on photos as it can look quite grey in bright light. I needn't have bothered as it suits the car perfectly, despite everything being satin black.

I had the standard steel valves and BC branded metal hex cap changed out during tyre fitting, as I can't stand 'bling'. Short rubber valves and black plastic caps are all I need.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/05/2019 at 09:26, alias23 said:

@BatMobile congrats can't wait to see them on the car! Theres also a 430 getting these lovely BC rims sometime soon... unsure if owner is on here though...

IMG_2004.jpg.9f7054b299d216c39853a642301edd03.jpg

Has anyone verified if this actually allows wider tire with a coilover say ohlins ttx?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...