Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Black & Gold Cup 430 - Page 2 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Black & Gold Cup 430

3 hours ago, Stuart Monument said:

I love this car. Very subtle . 

48 minutes ago, silverfrost said:

Fantastic looking motor :wub:

Thanks! 👍👍

2 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Thanks @Bibs, I noticed that before, but thought it was US shipping only

8 hours ago, RRSSS said:

@Tex Very nice! It's about £200 isn't it? Did you get it directly from the publisher?

Yes was around £250 each with delivery and taxes etc.

Very high quality in Leather and nice touch to have 2 of the best Lotus drivers Imo having signed copies 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/07/2018 at 19:14, RRSSS said:

A bit difficult to get a good shot of the alcantara dash, here's one:

2jcg7x4.jpg

Basically completely re-trimmed in alcantara with gold stitching.

And one of the seat back:

e806sj.jpg

Had the Lotus logo and laurel added on in gold stitching instead of the standard logo.

Normally, the interior colour pack would be one colour for the window switch surrounds, HVAC surround, gear surround and harness hoops. I've done the first 3 in Motorsport Black and the harness hoops in gold. Rest of the seat is gold stitching.

Just discovered your awesome car in this epic spec.😍 I´m really obsessed with special configured cars and your car is a really incredible example. I have one question: You got the whole dashboard covered in alcantara. Now I´m just wondering if you got the airbag deleted or not? Only saw the full alcantara dashboard on cars without airbags so I thought it´s just not possible to order full alcantara with the airbags.😊

Greetings

Nicolas

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Zukunftsmusik said:

Just discovered your awesome car in this epic spec.😍 I´m really obsessed with special configured cars and your car is a really incredible example. I have one question: You got the whole dashboard covered in alcantara. Now I´m just wondering if you got the airbag deleted or not? Only saw the full alcantara dashboard on cars without airbags so I thought it´s just not possible to order full alcantara with the airbags.😊

Greetings

Nicolas

Thanks!

No airbag delete, went for normal wheel but added some gold stitching on the underside:

2qmlq8o.jpg

It's not on the "normal" order sheet, you have to be creative with the Exclusive Programme!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zukunftsmusik said:

Wow, nice little touches. 😍 You even ordered the steering column painted.😲

Is the passenger airbag also covered in Alcantara?

Yes column painted Motorsport Black to match the exterior and most of the interior colour pack.

Passenger airbag is covered in that amazing dimple effect 😜

@RRSSS it is indeed.

the carbon with the black looks so good, reaffirmed the need to replace the matt black parts on my car!

i have asked them to do a custom yellow sticker for the make/model but loved your raised gold lotus decals on the rear so much I’ve also asked for a set in gloss black for my car! 

16 hours ago, BatMobile said:

@RRSSS it is indeed.

the carbon with the black looks so good, reaffirmed the need to replace the matt black parts on my car!

i have asked them to do a custom yellow sticker for the make/model but loved your raised gold lotus decals on the rear so much I’ve also asked for a set in gloss black for my car! 

👍 3D lettering for "L O T U S" is the way to go!

19 hours ago, BatMobile said:

@RRSSS it is indeed.

Should've asked them for the keys instead... they're both black - nobody would know.... ;)

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 29/06/2018 at 19:12, RRSSS said:

Yup they did all the paint except for the wheels. I had those ordered in black, then B&C sent them off to get painted in gold. Sent a spoiler upright along with the wheels to colour match.

Any reason why the factory did not provide the gold wheels ?

On 30/06/2018 at 11:20, Mark.cup said:

The back of these cars looks so much better colour coded I think they should knock that matt rubbish on the head!

must cause extra work at the paint stage and maybe it's just me but makes the cars look a bit cheap and unfinished?

Is the rear bumper made of 2 pieces ?
If so, it can be easy to leave this matt part unpainted.
If the rear bumper is made of only one part, then I would say it's certainly easier to fully paint it than to cover / protect / leave the matt part unpainted.
Not sure however how this is done at the factory...

Great looking 430 👍 Black + gold is perfect 😍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Martrack said:

Is the rear bumper made of 2 pieces ?
If so, it can be easy to leave this matt part unpainted.
If the rear bumper is made of only one part, then I would say it's certainly easier to fully paint it than to cover / protect / leave the matt part unpainted.
Not sure however how this is done at the factory...

Great looking 430 👍 Black + gold is perfect 😍

Rear clam is single piece. The rear transom is not unfinished, its painted with a 'soft feel' matt paint, there are two separate paint stages - its certainly less work to do only a single paint method and not mask off, paint, invert the masking and do the matte paint.

Personally I'm not a fan of the matt paint, but on certain colours the contrast does break up the rear

Just now, MrP_ said:

Rear clam is single piece. The rear transom is not unfinished, its painted with a 'soft feel' matt paint, there are two separate paint stages - its certainly less work to do only a single paint method and not mask off, paint, invert the masking and do the matte paint.

Personally I'm not a fan of the matt paint, but on certain colours the contrast does break up the rear

The contrasting black really ties the car together, but I wish it was gloss/metallic black. The soft black stuff stains and never looks clean/new. 

Luckily it's not too much work to fix the matt panels on a 350, but the rear mask might be more trouble.

1 minute ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

The contrasting black really ties the car together, but I wish it was gloss/metallic black. The soft black stuff stains and never looks clean/new. 

Luckily it's not too much work to fix the matt panels on a 350, but the rear mask might be more trouble.

Not disagreeing on the gloss black, its personal preference - some seem to love the matt stuff for some reason! But the matt paint can be protected so it doesn't stain, and can be protected to look new - was surprised how bad it stained without protection when I've seen other cars.  Its not a paint that should be used on the exterior and out the factory it really shows! Sorry thread drift!

• Like 2