Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Glass roof - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Glass roof

LotusFella

12 minutes ago, LotuStuart said:

Ah story of my life. 

Trying to put something too big into something too small. 

Yup, those AA batteries just won’t fit in the TV remote, will they?

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
29 minutes ago, LotuStuart said:

Mine does not fit. I tried again for an hour. No it doesn't fit.

Itll fit. You’d be amazed.

just remember the old adage - “never go in dry”

Only here once

I would be amazed. I fist goats but this is tighter

also the RSPCA doesn't let me keep gerbils any more. 

But 

how do I remove 1 cm oif fibreglass over a 5cm distance?

Pleased for you mate. Well done. Hopefully my photos convinced you it could be done. One small issue that I can see. If you can only get it in the boot when you are drunk, you'll be unfit to drive......

10 hours ago, hedgerley said:

Pleased for you mate. Well done. Hopefully my photos convinced you it could be done. One small issue that I can see. If you can only get it in the boot when you are drunk, you'll be unfit to drive......

Stone cold sober this morning and it still fits! maybe it shrank in the wash?

Yes, your photos convinced me YOURS fitted :) -my thoughts were that the bodywork was a slightly different dimension on yours and mine. I also removed the cover hiding the battery and the emissions thing to get it in. Now I have confidence, I may try putting them back in and refitting.

I'll keep the G&T ready.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of interest, I think the boot lid in the YouTube video is more open than my car will allow. Where the vid shows you can place the bottom of the roof in and hen rotate the top part over the rear boot lip, this is not possible on mine. 

Instead, place the roof horizontally.

push it far forwards to get it over the rear lip and then do the first positioning in the deepest rearest part of the boot.  

@LotusFellaI have a genuine Lotus glass roof for sale. It's a heavily tinted panel that used to be on my V8 which I sold earlier today. Kept the panel as the buyer didn't pay full asking price for the car. Send me a PM if interested!

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

When I got my car, I got it with the glass roof in, a composite roof, wind deflector and bag for the roof. I regularly swap the roof over depending on the weather on the day. Just have to get the right rubber seal for the composite roof. Haven't got around to that yet. Have the information, just been slack.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 1 year later...

Hello, all. I wandered into this forum/thread wondering if anyone might be looking for the glass (tinted) roof in bag and deflector that came from a Yellow Esprit Twin Turbo. If so, I have them. Ping me rich@statware.net or my cell at 860-857-9000.