Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Finally have an Evora! - Page 2 - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Finally have an Evora!

Techyd

MY12 changes were certainly gradual in late 2011/12. Mine is a March 2012 and even then some of the final MY12 hadn't happened.

Unusual to see MY12 S without the option 19/20 wheels which are the most beautiful (but then I would say that) ever on an Evora - just don't damage them as they are painfully expensive (Like the Victory Alloys on my S1)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
13 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

Unusual to see MY12 S without the option 19/20 wheels which are the most beautiful (but then I would say that) ever on an Evora

You should see the alloys on my Evora 410 - pure sex....

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Congratulations and welcome.

If you can make it tonight, a bunch of us (possibly as many as three) will be meeting here at about 1930ish, as the most disorganised and dysfunctional of all the regional groups continues to stagger from one meet to the next.  It's great.

Edited by DaveC72
forgot stuff

22 hours ago, gregs24 said:

MY12 changes were certainly gradual in late 2011/12. Mine is a March 2012 and even then some of the final MY12 hadn't happened.

Out of interest what MY12 changes do you think we're gradual?

As far as I'm aware all the planned changes were made at Model Year. All car companies have to change the VIN in accordance with the model year and and any design change control has to have VIN capture for traceability. Surely any changes after MY12 were mid year refresh, MY13, MY14 etc updates. For example the CDL pin delete, Metal Gear knob and Sill plate deletes were made in those later updates. Its just the MY12 update was by far the biggest number of changes in one hit. 

I think the confusion here is that some pre MY12 cars were registered later and so appear as 2012 cars with pre MY12 spec.

I could be wrong though. An awful lot of "facts" on here are sometimes anything but.... they are opinions.....

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Cheers Bibs. 

@C8RKH I don't disagree that some Evora's are misrepresented as MY12's based on the UK having dated registrations and people's assumptions. However, the VIN never lies and the 10th character of an Evora ViN represents the model year - fact.

A - 2010, B - 2011, C - 2012 and so on.. 

On 23/07/2018 at 20:24, Techyd said:

Hmmm...tempting and does allow me to run summer / winter tyres I suppose..!

On 23/07/2018 at 20:25, CocoPops said:

@Kalli or @PaulCP

They both have a set for sale iirc... :lol:

Mine now sold 

1 hour ago, JAWS said:

Cheers Bibs. 

@C8RKH I don't disagree that some Evora's are misrepresented as MY12's based on the UK having dated registrations and people's assumptions. However, the VIN never lies and the 10th character of an Evora ViN represents the model year - fact.

A - 2010, B - 2011, C - 2012 and so on.. 

I agree totally with you sorry if it came out differently. VIN is defacto MY whereas registration is not.

Take my brand new 410 Evora bought and first registered in April 2018 but defo a 2017 manufactured car.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

my car  is   a 11MY  but 2010 plate.

just as on observation..

when i checked  with  the factory  (who serviced my car until that department was closed ) whilst it does not have the cosmetic changes, they confirmed that some 2011 MY cars had the mechanical changes incorporated.

for instance it was confirmed i have uprated gear cables from what people see as the my 12 and other items relating to clutch line... etc.. and anything else that was in the parts bin :)

i think the black pack works spectacular well on this combo... so much its convinced me to do the same 

Edited by andyj007

Some interior pics and moody night shot...

checked the VIN, 10th char is a ‘C’ so all good...

been drivng it some more and I have to say it’s re-writing what I thought was possible, it’s so so good to drive!

C75C0710-A975-4477-9E22-F604D00F1F26.jpeg

7FD68E83-9EF6-4409-80F4-7E698E127CD7.jpeg

0010CC0A-EDEC-459D-9376-B738B6710244.jpeg

• Love 1

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 20:35, JAWS said:

Out of interest what MY12 changes do you think we're gradual?

As far as I'm aware all the planned changes were made at Model Year. All car companies have to change the VIN in accordance with the model year and and any design change control has to have VIN capture for traceability. Surely any changes after MY12 were mid year refresh, MY13, MY14 etc updates. For example the CDL pin delete, Metal Gear knob and Sill plate deletes were made in those later updates. Its just the MY12 update was by far the biggest number of changes in one hit. 

cdl pin delete took place within MY 12 I think (my MY 12 doesen´t have them, car has been build in spring / early summer, just around the "factory closed" time...) but if I remember right from the advers of "real cars " in Germany the MY 12 produced within 2011 had them (also they had floor mats with a circle shaped Lotus sign, my car got the floor mats with the "Evora" script........

@techyd massive congrats, Looks great in silver I Think ,

Interesting to read that Gordon Murry owned it, I know he rates original Elans very high and would likr to know what he thought of the Evora

• Like 1

I've no idea what a CDL pin is or why it would be deleted!

Good spot on the carpet mats though - they'll be changed for new at some point!  According to the book, Mr Murray owned it for just short of 18 months...

CDL Central Door Locking

• Thanks 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel