Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 95 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

On 03/08/2019 at 09:50, Inkyfingers said:

OK, so after 4+ years I've decided I'm definitely going to sell the Evora. Very difficult decision as every time I drive it I fall in love with it, but I'm just not driving it enough.

I had considered chopping it in for an Elise, but Elise prices seem to be very strong now, so might go without for a while.

Anybody had any recent experience of the market for an Evora S IPS 2012 MY (27k miles)?

Speak to a couple of dealers. They told me that IPS cars were difficult to budge....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 02/08/2019 at 21:25, paranoidandroid said:

Fantastic cars Atoms but would it get any more use than the Evora given its even less practical?

Probaly not but then an Atom isn't designed to be driven all the time so I wouldn't feel as guilty having it sat in the garage!

Generally at the moment dealers are reporting used cars are slower to shift at the moment - at least those that are not keenly priced.  There appears to be reasonably good demand for new Lotus cars at the moment instead which would make sense for buying the latest from a series of cars before Lotus release their next generation...

On 04/08/2019 at 07:38, Barrykearley said:

This one would be a fab buy for someone 

There’s more at less than 30k than I’ve seen for a long time - and I’ve been keeping an eye on them for at least the last 12 months

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201907260494780?postcode=wr65ab&make=LOTUS&model=EVORA&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&sort=price-asc&page=1

Pretty sure thats my old car.  In my ownership it wanted for nothing.  Think it had 72k on the clock when I sold it 2.5 years ago for £23k cash.  I could probably have got more, but I wanted an S in Daytona and one was for sale, therefore speed was of the essence.

As I am toying with getting an Evora I have been working backwards through this thread with interest. One thing that jumps out is the majority of cars that people have linked still appear to be on websites (I've gone back as far as may so far)

I guess some may have sold and not been taken of dealers websites but I expect autotrader links to be taken down if a car is sold. 

Are Evora's not selling at the moment? There is a lot of uncertainty about the economy in the face of a new PM and Brexit so maybe folks are being cautious. 

• Gold FFM

They are selling for sure as folks on here are defo buying them.

It’s very much a buyers market though, I don’t like to talk down prices, but the economy uncertainty due to government ineptitude hasnt helped. There’s some amazing bargains to be had and once the economy has settled you will be kicking yourself if you haven’t grabbed one. The values of these cars has been rock solid for a fair few years now - only the last few months a dip being noticeable

Only here once

On 12/08/2019 at 06:49, Barrykearley said:

They are selling for sure as folks on here are defo buying them.

It’s very much a buyers market though, I don’t like to talk down prices, but the economy uncertainty due to government ineptitude hasnt helped. There’s some amazing bargains to be had and once the economy has settled you will be kicking yourself if you haven’t grabbed one. The values of these cars has been rock solid for a fair few years now - only the last few months a dip being noticeable

Have used your words to convince the wife that we're better off holding on to my Evora for a while :driving:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I've been looking at Evora's recently, always had an eye on them. I originally wanted a later esprit but I'm scared of the v8s and having driven a few S4 variants there wasn't a huge leap over my Turbo. I've done the Elise thing and whilst I loved it long drives became tiresome and it riled me that it was so small inside. Que the Evora, which should tick all the boxes. Unfortunately for me they haven't depreciated enough! which is both a good and a bad thing dependent on weather you have one or not! but as above they appear to be a hard sell, lots hang around on the market for a while. Im currently saving for a wedding in May next year and keep thinking sod it, bang my savings (and some from the money tree) into an Evora, enjoy it then sell it when wedding time comes along but it concerns me that a) this is a big outlay b) selling seems a long drawn out process.

But I still keep looking at the market

BTW esprit is certainly going nowhere

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hopo said:

That the black one with weird wheels? 

Those are the optional (more expensive!) and lighter forged wheels, although they've been diamond cut (I think?) which doesn't suit. Nothing a quick refurb wouldn't sort.

They're well worth having - almost 4kg lighter than the standard cast ones.

Edited by MattyB

22k. The drop in price in year 1 of a 45k metro car from the likes of BMW, Mercedes or Audi et al. Indeed, I was offered more than that as a discount on a new German car, not even pre registered.

Funny how one mans depreciation nightmare of a grand or two on a 20-30k car is anothers "shrug, yeah but I wanted new and they all lose £22k+ in the first year" first world problem lol.

The Evora has been bullet proof for 10 years, you should have got one years before this wedding!

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

19 hours ago, plenty said:

I’m sure it’s a fine example but if the goal is to get into an Evora and out by next May as painlessly as possible, I’m not sure an 86k miles example is the best way to do it.

Yes... this exactly. I want to get into one but I would also need to get out of one as stated 'as painlessly as possible'

17 hours ago, C8RKH said:

22k. The drop in price in year 1 of a 45k metro car from the likes of BMW, Mercedes or Audi et al. Indeed, I was offered more than that as a discount on a new German car, not even pre registered.

Funny how one mans depreciation nightmare of a grand or two on a 20-30k car is anothers "shrug, yeah but I wanted new and they all lose £22k+ in the first year" first world problem lol.

The Evora has been bullet proof for 10 years, you should have got one years before this wedding!

I know I should have pulled my finger out but had to do other grown up stuff like buy a house. 1 year into that now. next thing is to extend - hang on when am I gonna have some money for a bloody toy!

I revise my earlier opinion.  If you could buy the car for £20k and would be willing to take a small hit on resale I’m sure it would sell quickly, assuming it’s in good condition.  Undamaged Evoras <20k are unheard of.  And while 86k is a lot of miles for an Evora compared to what most cars rack up, it’s only average for cars of that vintage and there’s no question they can easily take the miles if maintained.

• Gold FFM
On 14/08/2019 at 00:05, C8RKH said:

After the wedding - I’d fully expect the thumb to go down and no Evora 🤭

then you’d need to wait about 12 years until you finally get hacked off with the general moaning and fun vacuum whinging and then you just go out and buy one

• Love 1

Only here once

I doubt an Evora with 86k is anything to worry about. I think those Toyota engines are bullet proof. Diff engine entirely but I had a Toyota MR2 roadster than had done 120k and drove just as well as the 2nd one I had which had only done 30k. 

12 hours ago, plenty said:

I revise my earlier opinion.  If you could buy the car for £20k and would be willing to take a small hit on resale I’m sure it would sell quickly, assuming it’s in good condition.  Undamaged Evoras <20k are unheard of.  And while 86k is a lot of miles for an Evora compared to what most cars rack up, it’s only average for cars of that vintage and there’s no question they can easily take the miles if maintained.

in another thread - there's someone with 120k, and other higher mileage contributions.  I'm on 64k myself! 🙂

The Toyota power train continues to prove its worth.

To be pedantic, he only wants to keep the car for 7-8 months so the significance of the mileage is not actually related to the durability but rather the ability to resell quickly.

I totally agree that in pure condition terms 86k is nothing - original suspension components might be baggy and clutch if not replaced will be on its last legs, but the engine and fibreglass body will go on forever.

Edited by plenty
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

Buy at the cheapest price point you are willing to buy at - think of issues that may or may not go wrong. Then in 7-8months all this brexit pishe will be over - you can flog her on for a nice healthy profit

Only here once

Buy it, enjoy it, and then sell it when you've had enough (which you won't have done because its a Lotus).  So as its not going to be sold, it costs what it costs!! 🙂

"Marry me, Marry my Lotus"