Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 135 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

On 07/01/2021 at 20:13, pete said:

See what this goes for.                 https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2016-lotus-evora-400

Reserve has been reduced again. Maybe a bargain for someone

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

What’s been the lowest non category supercharged sold people know of? 

ive seen a 100k LE sell for £19-20k

just seen another LE with 20-30k sold here I think for around £25k

also maybe seen on Facebook a 2011 NA 45k mileage at about £25k

There may have been a couple of pre MY12 “non category” supercharged cars selling for £30k - £35k, but for MY12 on, I think that grey 2013 Sports Racer S IPS is the cheapest I have seen.

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight
  • Like 1

On 10/01/2021 at 13:16, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

That’s a great buy, if you want an auto.

Would you say it’s a well priced car and the seller is willing to have a health check complete at a well known Lotus dealer included for peace of mind as it’s impossible to get to see it at the moment. 

On 10/01/2021 at 19:12, pete said:

Reserve has been reduced again. Maybe a bargain for someone

38250 😬

something up with that site thats way too cheap..  dealers would be buying at that price surely

1 hour ago, andyj007 said:

something up with that site thats way too cheap..  dealers would be buying at that price surely

market value at this moment in time?

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Wow that's a massive bargain, but surely a buyers market at the moment.  I can only guess the seller was desperate to sell.  Would be interesting to see if a 400 has dropped below £50k before?

I nearly bid on the collecting cars grey one but...Last service in July 2018, body work had lots of a scratches in pics (needed a good 3 stage polish), needed 4 new tyres (week 15 of 2015) so coming up 5 years old.

Weirdly it sold today and yet already up on eBay for £49.9k but sat in their show room in pics. So not convinced it sold (allot of collecting cars don’t really sell it seems and just end up back on the same traders site).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-66-Reg-Lotus-Evora-3-5-406ps-400-GEN-17600-MILES-STUNNING-COND-SPEC-/353314453908?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

I don’t think it was a huge bargain with 6% fee and  £40,250 plus  £1k or the above. So probably about £3-4k less that a dealer will end up selling for.

Some of the current £44 - £48k cars been for sale for well over year now they just don’t seem to shift.

Usually a luxury purchase of a toy during the worst pandemic with Brexit for good measure 

It's a tough market and I've seen the same McLarens and others for sale over the last 12 months too.

Remember, Lotus sold new around 150 Evora's a year so a very niche market indeed when coupled with most people needing finance for a £30k plus car, below that I'm sure many will be cash buyers.

So in summary, hardly surprising but those in great condition, under £30k seem to sell in a couple of days. Cash buyers!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

More likely that the seller hasn’t cancelled the eBay listing yet.   If I was the buyer, who bought it for £40k on the auction site, with no reserve, I’d be pushing to get the deal completed...