Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 136 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

On 12/01/2021 at 08:04, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Probably never sold then. That’s the problem with these on-line auctions. We all get excited about the final recorded bid, but in reality that often means nothing.

Shows as sold on the site, so buyers credit card would immediately be charged the 6% buyers fee.  

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Apparently it's not been paid for yet so the seller re listed on eBay until the funds are received!!! Bit strange but there you go. Interesting to see how the car market goes over the next 6 months. I don't think it's only lotus that's seeing prices fall a bit.

On 09/01/2021 at 11:01, Messer said:

I’ve gone for the evora at Aston Sevenoaks :)

was too mice to miss - the colour and spec etc just what I was looking for!

Didn’t  realise they had an Evora at Aston Sevenoaks 

Edited by Troy5925

2 hours ago, Messer said:

Yes military grey! It’s just in at Maidstone sports cars getting the airbag clips sorted and then it’s over to me probably late next week 

Fantastic - a real bargain for a GT410 and a great colour too.

Are you selling an Evora to make way for it?

EDIT - Scratch that, I’ve just remembered you’ve sold your Exige V6 Cup.

Edited by Daveb99

48 minutes ago, Wake said:

Looks like a nice car to be honest. Targo florio were I. Touch with me to buy my exige cup, their offer wasn’t actually bad - had a lot worse put it that way

I think they will struggle with that. I hope not, 400 should be 45k to 50k for a 2016 but they just don't seem to sell. Pre-2015 Evora and 2019 cars seem to have more appeal in the marketplace. 

I think we will see a 2016 Evora 400 at £39,995 quite soon. Partly of course age related but I think there is a natural market gap between cars with factory warranty and cars over 6 or 7 years old. The older cars appeal to those with perhaps a long history of owning older wagons. 

Justin

1 hour ago, jep said:

I think they will struggle with that. I hope not, 400 should be 45k to 50k for a 2016 but they just don't seem to sell. Pre-2015 Evora and 2019 cars seem to have more appeal in the marketplace

Below £40k and a lot of buyers will be cash buyers. Above that it will be a combination of cash/px/finance and to be honest with something like a 60/40 deal, cheap finance etc it then becomes easier to manage the man maths to stretch that "upper limit" for an ever newer car. How many people went in to buy a £60k car and came away with a "great deal" on a new/pre-reg £80k car for what seemed like very little extra.  I think that's the issue to be honest.

I bought my first NA Evora cash. When looking to trade it in was looking at 18 month old 410's at around £70k, ended up in a brand new 410 as was easy to make the maths work lol. That was my experience anyway.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I’m surprised that Targa Florio bought the car. ISTR that they had an Exige or an Evora sitting unsold for months before punting it onto someone else in the trade. However, my recollection might well be wrong.