Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 39 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

49 minutes ago, theelanman said:

erm.......what was standard.......the blue tips only came on the sports exhaust........but what were they made of?

The trims were titanium I believe. the exhaust itself, not so.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

that's what I thought.....so im guessing hes referring to the fact that its got a sports exhaust......:thumbsup:

happy days!!!

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Yes, the offical name was the Lotus Motorsport titanium tipped exhaust i believe. Hence everyone is right - it is a titanium tipped exhaust, it is not a full titanium exhaust. i have one. it looks super, it sounds super. It sounds immense with the 2bular headers I have connected to it!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

moi aussi.........

having the titanium tipped exhaust I mean.............fruity with booty.......and gets fuitier with more bootier

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Lol. Yes, it's bootielicious!  Much better than standard. much, much, much better.....

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yes well spotted, my car has sneaked onto the classifieds. Good point on the exhaust, it does read as if it's full Titanium (lotus doesn't "add lightness" that much! :))

Feel free to send me a PM if anyone on the forum is interested to view the car.

Cheers,

Craig

For sale quickly @Craig_Evora? Only had it since December?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Fancy a Red +0?

The small print.

• 4 weeks later...

Wonder why this one is hanging around when others that are more expensive are selling. Some with similar mileage (but less). Does it have a strange history?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-3-5--345bhp-sports-racer-s-2-2-supercharged/6884767

Looks great to me - but not worth a 50%+ premium on top of my NA in my view.

The small print.

Cheapest 400 now at £55,989 (Westover AU65BXG Yellow exPress car)

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

3 hours ago, PaulCP said:

This 400 auto seems to have hung around for a while whilst looking good value at £62k

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-400-2-2-automatic-2016/5585248

lotus-evora-evora-400-S2877937-1.jpg

Personally, I don't think that the grey paint looks good with the silver wheels. It really needs the 'black pack' and black wheels, IMHO. Maybe others share the same opinion. 

• Gold FFM

Each to their own.  That car will find a buyer I'm sure.

I quite like it and agree with Paul that it's a lot of car for the money; if I had the cash to splash I'd be interested, but sadly I haven't as baby No.1 is on the way (and I'm still loving my Lauch Edition, which the missus is allowing me to keep :thumbsup: ). I'd get the cruise control added though and would be willing to compromise on it having red brake callipers (I like black callipers and silver wheels).

I've always liked the Evora without the black pack too.

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

• Gold FFM

Changing the subject I see that ex-press car AU09AOG is for sale at Snows. I recall it was advertised privately a few weeks back around the £29-30k mark. I saw this car at the 2015 Lotus Festival and spoke to the then owner. Looks tidy and proves that early S1 prices are very firm.

AU09AOG.JPG

post-7988-127086238931.jpg

Edited by EuropaSman

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

Hi there, thinking of getting an Evora and looking at what is around at present, the S1 sits within my budget.  Any thoughts on whether I should go for a launch car as it will have all packs or is it best to look for the cleanest car etc?

Sports pack is desirable, rest is meh! As you can add the items like cruise etc easily. I have a 2010 NA that just had sports pack when I bought it. Added cruise, sat nav, reversing camera etc as I went.

NA does better with the close ratio box for spirited driving, std or long box is better for GT style journeys, but with IPS you are OK in NA or S.

We've said it before and will say it again. By on condition ( the cars can handle high mileages ) and ensure full service history. A well looked after car is obvious and should provide a lot of fun for a long time. Do your research on here and ask questions about ny specific cars you are lookibg at. Most are known by someone on here.

Happy hunting....

• Like 1

The small print.

3 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Sports pack is desirable, rest is meh! As you can add the items like cruise etc easily. I have a 2010 NA that just had sports pack when I bought it. Added cruise, sat nav, reversing camera etc as I went.

NA does better with the close ratio box for spirited driving, std or long box is better for GT style journeys, but with IPS you are OK in NA or S.

We've said it before and will say it again. By on condition ( the cars can handle high mileages ) and ensure full service history. A well looked after car is obvious and should provide a lot of fun for a long time. Do your research on here and ask questions about ny specific cars you are lookibg at. Most are known by someone on here.

Happy hunting....

Thanks, have been reading back through the threads to get an feel.  As you say, the Evora seems a perfect capable car as an all rounder

This one stuck out, anyone know the history? https://www.oakmeremotorgroup.co.uk/cars/prestige/lotus-evora-35-v6-22-launch-edition-v1rbm 

As Andy mentioned, the close ratio box and long box, you should try both.

Most of the LE came with the long box, great for motorway cruising but can get frustrating as 3rd (onwards) is so much longer on the long box. So you can be buzzing 1st and 2nd, then dropping much lower down the revs in 3rd.

The CR box became standard with the S and then also with the Sports Racer NA cars.

On 4/27/2017 at 16:19, EuropaSman said:

Changing the subject I see that ex-press car AU09AOG is for sale at Snows. I recall it was advertised privately a few weeks back around the £29-30k mark. I saw this car at the 2015 Lotus Festival and spoke to the then owner. Looks tidy and proves that early S1 prices are very firm.

AU09AOG.JPG

post-7988-127086238931.jpg

I'll buy that Silver Ginetta G 60, just behind AU09 AOG.

Anyone know of a Left Hand Drive G60 For Sale ??

• 2 weeks later...