Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 46 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

14 hours ago, DrRick said:

@Harey, any possibility your 'contact' is still around and could be interested in another ISF?

Probably not.  They are great cars, but so niche, that from a Traders point of view difficult to sell on quickly.

So I'm finding it seems.

Dr Rick

2009 Evora NA in Quartz Silver, black interior, Tech Pack, Sport Pack, 2Bular 3rd cat bypass, Kenwood head unit, black anodised ali bargeboards, GRP Halo rear lights

Has everyone that's got an Evora have an engine cover on their car?

Looked at a car today and it was missing which wasn't sure if that was normal? Can they be sourced?

Later cars didn't have them IIRC.    Chat that in extreme temps they can make the engine cooling worse and the advice was always to remove before going on track. 

It's not a very pretty engine in NA form however so i'm sure you could source one if you wanted.....

Lotus leadership decided to remove them from the last of the SR's, and also the lower cover on the Exige, much to most people's disappointment as the engine is not the nicest looking and the super charger on the S is not black like the Exige. AFAIK Retro fitting is not that cheap as its not just the engine cover you need to buy.

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

From what I read the engine cover actually helped the cooling!  Don't ask me how or why...

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

????.....theyre just the standard later 's' 19" and 20"........

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

New 400 pricing is crazy!

http://www.hofmanns.co.uk/car-sales/lotus-evora-400-1

£81,950 for a manual 400, with cast wheels not even the forged wheels.

WTF is going on?! Yet second hand 400s are still cheap in comparison.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

@CocoPops I think you and I were fortunate with our timing. Some deals being available coinciding with the lower start point of the Hethel Edition.

Speaking to Martin today when I was at Hofmanns and looking at that car it is nice, but as I said to him, if I'd had to pay that when I got mine I suspect I'd still be in the S1. I was nearly at £80K speccing an alternative to the car I bought back in September and I felt it a step too far then. 

When you now start at c£75K (what is the base these days?) and add black pack at £1500, Alcantara at £2000, Premium paint then you get there very quick. I think there is still a deal to be done, but clearly not to the same degree.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Absolutely @Colin P I don't think their are the same deals to be had now.

Like you, if the Hethel had been £80k I couldn't have done it.

even psychologically speaking a deal starting with a £6.... is £20k better than a deal starting £8.... even if it's £69,999 vs £80,001 :lol:

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

Is it my imagination but after that white s was sold and then wasn't has it kept going up £1k each day. At this rate it'll be more expensive than a new 400 before the end of the month ?

On 5/31/2017 at 21:46, CocoPops said:

New 400 pricing is crazy!

http://www.hofmanns.co.uk/car-sales/lotus-evora-400-1

£81,950 for a manual 400, with cast wheels not even the forged wheels.

WTF is going on?! Yet second hand 400s are still cheap in comparison.

There are a few things going on... All the dealers are being pushed hard by Lotus to advertise at the RRP and I get that and support that as it provides a level playing field.  Over and above that, there are still deals to be done but just not at the same level as 12 months ago.  I'm sure its all part of JMG's plan, first get the market moving and then work on improving the margin and, again, I'm supportive of that as its imperative for all of us, dealers and customers alike, that Lotus make a financial success of this.   Hope people keep buying and understand the value they are getting and what a terrific car the 400 is even if the discounts are quite at the same level.

@Randy it wasn't a dig at dealers/lotus, more of a comment regarding second hand values.

As in, why are second hand cars selling so low (in comparison). It makes 2nd cars look cheap (yet they're not flying out of the door) or new cars look expensive?

Might be selling mine in August ? Need to start tucking money away for a house. 

Will be selling the Larini valved system, lotus car cover bought through this site to match the car colour and carbon fibre side intake pods separately. Barge boards and front splitter will remain on the car.

Very sad times but needs must. 

Stu

2 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

@Randy it wasn't a dig at dealers/lotus, more of a comment regarding second hand values.

As in, why are second hand cars selling so low (in comparison). It makes 2nd cars look cheap (yet they're not flying out of the door) or new cars look expensive?

Thanks for that and it didn't sound like a dig at all... wanted to intimate that its basically worth picking up the phone to talk to the dealers and hopefully deals can be done below the advertised RRP.

We have found that good used Evora's are great news on the forecourt.  Of course there is always depreciation on cars but compared to German cars of equivalent value the residuals are terrific.

:lol:

9 hours ago, hkp said:

Is anyone thinking of selling their 400 in the £50k's??

I'm. very keen to buy one, or a late S1 at a push.

Stratton Motor Co offered me a white 400 in the £50's circa a week ago. You could check and see if it's still there...

47 minutes ago, Alastair said:

Stratton Motor Co offered me a white 400 in the £50's circa a week ago. You could check and see if it's still there...

I just missed out on it :( and the one at the Porsche centre