Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 82 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Ta Pete, there isn't one online I've not seen though I bet!

First one is CAT D

Second one is sold

Third looks alright, need to find out what option packs it has, sports is a must for me!

9 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

It’s also a 2+0. (You might not want/need the rear seats but 2+0s are historically harder to sell). 

I've heard this is the case yes

Good spot Jonny!

Think I'll pass on that one :)

35 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

My personal view based on selling a +0 is that's not the case from my experience. I had two buyers keen on mine and the dealer snapped it up without hesitation in px and sold it same day.

There is such a small market for cars available and buyers that anyone too choosey as a buyer or inflexible as a seller will need to wait.  

Even superb +2 cars can take a while to sell, for example the lovely red SR at Leven for 6 months plus that has recently sold.

Buy based on your need and condition and sell accordingly.

I'd agree. More space behind the front seats is of more value to me than 2 tiny seats. The red SR buyer is on here (thread recently posted by him). I'm not remotely jealous....!🙄

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ratman said:

you can transform a 2+2 into a 2+0 but not the contrary

And.....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Anyone looking for a S version, this one seems great value now having just been dropped to 35k and comes with the premium pack which in my opinion is a great addition, downside is the higher running cost against a NA.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-s-2-0-sport-tech-premium/9340652

1 hour ago, Cdm2018 said:

If you haven’t got small kids 2+2 is perhaps can be taken off your tick list?

Lol ignore me, I'm just a grumpy old git. If I had young kids I'd still prefer the +0 to get some piece and quiet.... 🤣😂

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

8 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Lol ignore me, I'm just a grumpy old git. If I had young kids I'd still prefer the +0 to get some piece and quiet.... 🤣😂

I had an mx5 and was involved in accident my young daughter was in front and experience was not pleasant especially when air bag went off 

so when I looked for replacement car Evora fitted the criteria that my daughter wouldn’t be in front but fairly safe in the back and pluggged into her iPhone 

• Like 1

Sold my 2+0 no problems.  Prefer them personally, so don’t let it put you off if you are after a 2 seater sports car. 

• Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

6 hours ago, DJW said:

Sold my 2+0 no problems.  Prefer them personally, so don’t let it put you off if you are after a 2 seater sports car. 

Good to know! :)

2 minutes ago, Ratman said:

still surprised how corrosion is an issue in UK.

here, in Italy, is very rare to find an engine in the same conditions like the one in the link below.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-122-v6-4-2010/9402344

Do you mean the one you've linked to is good or bad? :D

5 minutes ago, chip2257 said:

Do you mean the one you've linked to is good or bad? :D

the engine is probably ok, but the aluminum surface is corroded.

not a mechanical issue, but aesthetic. Here, this corrosion does not happens due to the different weather. I remember a recent image of a red Evora S with the volumetric in the same condition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chip2257 said:

First one is dealer price for a private sale. Not sure where "Hethel Edition" came from as the HE are 400s. It's not a Launch edition either as its on a 60 plate. 

2nd one has had the clutch done and is at a more realistic price for private sale with only 5K more miles.

Neither have Premium Pack, which I'd always prefer, but doesn't bother most.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I would hold out till you find one with all three packs, the first is a must ( sport pack) that leaves Tech Pack and Premium Pack, both worth holding out for, especially the Premium Pack, which makes the interior a different place to sit in, a big step up in Quality of fabrics with leather covering nearly every surface, you get fabric rear seats in 2 plus2 with none premium pack.

• Like 1