Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 87 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Thanks Bravo...(&C8RKH)

Rather hilariously I'd started reading on the page after that because I'd assumed you guys were talking about cars that would no longer be available. 

Really helpful advice on there from people that have been to see it and love the fact people using their gut instinct and feel for a car/ seller

May go and look at the two white ones for sale unless anyone has gut instinct feel having visited those two

There's a very nice early S1 NA in Nightfall blue that's just come on sale - it looks very tidy. Its on Auto trader and pistonheads for sure

25 minutes ago, Techyd said:

There's a very nice early S1 NA in Nightfall blue that's just come on sale - it looks very tidy. Its on Auto trader and pistonheads for sure

Is it this one Dean? Does look nice

I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903236206521

52 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Is it this one Dean? Does look nice

I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903236206521

Yes that's the one - fantastic colour (Persian blue not nighfall blue) and its got a ceramic coating as well.  If I didn't have mine already, I'd be all of this one 😀

• Like 1

Evening all,

I'm looking to buy an Evora over the coming weeks.  Does anyone know much about this car?  Mileage is very low.. Although priced above the Persian blue one, but without 2bular exhaust.

Cheers, James

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903155919555?sort=sponsored&price-from=500&model=EVORA&postcode=gu33nb&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&make=LOTUS&radius=1501&page=1

3 hours ago, James Anderson said:

Evening all,

I'm looking to buy an Evora over the coming weeks.  Does anyone know much about this car?  Mileage is very low.. Although priced above the Persian blue one, but without 2bular exhaust.

Cheers, James

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903155919555?sort=sponsored&price-from=500&model=EVORA&postcode=gu33nb&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&make=LOTUS&radius=1501&page=1

Looking at the advert it’s got to be the best looked after early S1 out there with that mileage recorded and there is no mention of a new clutch being fitted to the Persian blue car it could be a very could chance with the mileage it’s done, it will be ready for one. Both look great cars, but if it was my money it go on the Aquamarine blue car, it’s got all three packs, colour could be a factor not to everyone’s taste, Exhaust should not be taken into the equation, if it’s a good car its something you can add later, for me this car with this mileage is the best out there and well worth the asking price.

• Like 1

He’s already sold it onto Leven. If it’s still available, it will now cost you an extra £5k:

https://www.levencarcompany.co.uk/lotus/2017-lotus-evora-gt430-petrol-coupe-sw

Not to be confused with the other Essex Blue GT430 that Leven are also selling (for £100k):

https://www.levencarcompany.co.uk/lotus/2018-lotus-evora-gt430-petrol-coupe-au

4 hours ago, paranoidandroid said:

Wonder if they've looked it up in Glass's guide and picked an extremely early 400 price.

16 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Looking at the advert it’s got to be the best looked after early S1 out there with that mileage recorded and there is no mention of a new clutch being fitted to the Persian blue car it could be a very could chance with the mileage it’s done, it will be ready for one. Both look great cars, but if it was my money it go on the Aquamarine blue car, it’s got all three packs, colour could be a factor not to everyone’s taste, Exhaust should not be taken into the equation, if it’s a good car its something you can add later, for me this car with this mileage is the best out there and well worth the asking price.

The 2 cars are 2 of my favourite colours, although £32K for a private sale is very high. My concern would be that some of the niggles will still be there, especially as a LE. 9K miles as opposed to, say, 25K miles not really worth a premium in my book, although it does look very nice. Might pay that at a dealer, but not a private sale. Just IMHO.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

6 minutes ago, Colin P said:

Might pay that at a dealer, but not a private sale

I'm assuming you are saying that as you get the benefit of dealer warranty and come back?  Just a thought, if you were to buy it on specific car finance (for instance Santander / Black Horse) that you arranged yourself you'd still get the majority of the benefit of come back in terms of if anything major came up as you the finance company would be liable wouldn't it?  Just thinking out loud and trying to help. Also, ALL the Lotus dealers will provide an after market warranty and there is nothing stopping you from getting the same one yourself is there?

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

17 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Thanks for the kind words guys...it's making me sadder to have to part ways with her now though. Hopefully she stays within the forum!

@C8RKH appreciate what you are saying, but that pushes the price up further and a warranty won’t pick up smaller stuff etc, which you’d expect a main dealer to resolve themselves. 

As I said just my opinion. I personally don’t hold a view that these ultra low milers are worth a premium over a low mile but regularly used car. You’d get a 25/30k car from a main dealer at that price. Similarly a 25k mile car as a private sale is sub £30k, so that is where it sits in my view  

It does look very nice and no doubt others will hold a different view, but that is my opinion. 

There are also time gaps on the service history, so could affect a private warranty. (Not saying that is an issue, they are minor but are often a condition of warranties). 

Edit. I must admit for some reason I thought it was £32995. So some of above is based on this number. 

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

58 minutes ago, Diab2005 said:

Thanks for the kind words guys...it's making me sadder to have to part ways with her now though. Hopefully she stays within the forum!

Ah, hello! We didn’t even know that the owner was on here. 

Good luck with the sale. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Ah, hello! We didn’t even know that the owner was on here. 

Good luck with the sale. 

Yes mate. Not very active admittedly but here all the same.

Thanks for the luck!

BTW to any doubters out there the clutch is fine they will find this out themselves on viewing 😁😁👍

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, paranoidandroid said:

Yes, a tad optimistic at that price!

No, it's an excellent price for a pure S1. Would have been worth more if it was grey though. 🤑

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colin P said:

Wonder if they've looked it up in Glass's guide and picked an extremely early 400 price.

The 2 cars are 2 of my favourite colours, although £32K for a private sale is very high. My concern would be that some of the niggles will still be there, especially as a LE. 9K miles as opposed to, say, 25K miles not really worth a premium in my book, although it does look very nice. Might pay that at a dealer, but not a private sale. Just IMHO.

£30,995 it’s advertised for and for me it’s a very realistic price for what’s got to be the lowest mileage launch Edition out there and in my opinion it would sit well in a lotus museum at Hethel, so could be a good idea for them to buy it back, it was the start to the resent history of the brand, mileage will always bring a premium and rightfully so, especially on the premium brands and I like to think Lotus fits that bill.