Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 91 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

That's the thing. I quite like the look of the 2ubular stuff compared to Komotec in the exhaust department, but Komotec won't map your car unless you use their stuff. I do like the idea of Komotec's final drive kit but they are asking stupid money for something that can be CNC'd for a lot less (but I guess no one else does it so....). 

2 hours ago, Bruss said:

Apparently they don't fit the S1. NOT Fair!

eh? the s1 seats are incredibly comfy recaro cs  with lots of adjustment , sit much lower, tilt turn you name it..   what do you need to change?

3 hours ago, cib24 said:

Would be nice to be able to buy your own exhaust mods and get someone to tune the car in the UK and cut that proposition in half to c.£4,000 - £5,000.

You still can. It’s just easier for them if it involves an aftermarket ECU. ES Motorsports & Hangar111 both offer their own versions. 

So I have a 410 Sport and love the seats. The brackets that allow you to recline them from @jonnyboy are superb and in my humble opinion Lotus should take them as OEM.

The only difference really between a 410 Sport and a GT410 Sport is the front and rear bumpers and the fact that the latter can be specified in the "Cissy Boy" spec with the rear seats. So you need to ask yourself if that is worth circa £30k to you.

Until you seriously ramp up the power there is no need at all to upgrade the brakes.

I've had my 410 Sport for 13 months and 5.5k hard, fast mikes. Mechanically it has been 100%. On a recent Highland Hoon with McLaren, R8s, Stage 5 GTRs (750bhp), new GT3 my car was hands down winner re best 'noise".

The 410 is a tad sharper / hard core to the 400. BUT, and this is the rub, both cars are just superb and there is a fag paper width between them.

Just buy one. NA, S, 400, 410 or 430. There is nothing better for the money. Better posing yes, but not better driving and smiles for the money. And even the most exclusive AM, R8, McLaren, etc is still just common shite compared to an uber exclusive Evora!!!!

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Totally don't agree. The yellow looks flat as a pancake. I'd take the black .

Well, actually I'd wait for a blue one, but that's just me...

Speaking about the ECU again, is it smart enough to adapt to flow mods like manifold mid pipe and exhaust? It won't run too lean as the ECU will learn and compensate, so in theory the car will make more power but may not be as optimal as a custom map?

^Yes, although how much more power it will make is always a question.  It probably won't be much and sometimes there can be a modest loss even in closed loop systems like the Evora's.  The sensors will report to the ECU and ask it to adjust to as close to a stoichiometric fuel/air ratio as it can get but any changes will  be in a narrow range from a single exhaust modification.  It's  difficult to achieve meaningful gains over  stock  unless multiple factors are addressed in a systems approach.  These things are interactive with a change in one typically dictating changes in other areas (intake,  fuel metering, boost pressure, etc).  The car will adjust A/F ratios to the new circumstances over time but  gains from a single change will be minimal if they aren't actually negative, which is why mods can be a crap shoot leading to a rabbit hole.

I like the black car (I usually do when they're fresh and clean) but would personally buy the yellow one. I like my sports cars in colors but mainly I dislike living with black for the usual reason....hard to maintain.  They both look great in your pics and as it only matters what you like, buy the one that lights you up and celebrate your good taste!

'17 Evora 400 MT 

Thanks, that's what I thought and good to know you can modify without worry about updating the tune with each modification, and that you can do that later after you have finalised your flow mods. 

I suppose on the Sport 410 my worry is the colour mismatches of the roof, hatch carbon, side glass covers, etc. on the black model but I will need to see it in person. I'm trying to arrange a visit and test drive at B&C to check out one of their regular 400s, Sport 410, and for fun an Exige Sport 350 although I have passenger-ed in a Cup 360 and it is just too damn small inside and hard to get into (6'3"). 

I quite like this car as well as the Orange 400 at B&C, but I have been told the red alcantara is not a very nice shade in person and to steer clear of an early car such as this 2015:

lotus-evora-evora-400-S3906548-2.jpg

lotus-evora-evora-400-S3906548-3.jpg

looks pretty nice to me! have you seen in the flesh?

Regarding ECU tuning bit late to the party but....  BOE fabs and Komotec are the only ones I know of tuning the original ECU.  BOE has a service where they will provide a custom tune based on your setup and wants but as far as I know its not a live map done on the rolling road  but they are based in the US so live mapping on rolling road is not an option for the UK guys anyways

Otherwise your options are aftermarket ECU.  Costs in the region of around £1500 - £5000.  I'm aware of ES Motorsports, Hagar111 and Calibrated Performance offering aftermarket ECU and 2Tublar have said they are working on one but I have no idea when that actually will be .... 

46 minutes ago, andyj007 said:

looks pretty nice to me! have you seen in the flesh?

No. Steering wheel leather looks very worn for so little miles. Cheap leather on the wheel?

eh, that look brand new.. its shiney leather from factory ?.  youve obviously not seen any evora in the flesh..  there lovely places to be..  your in for a treat..

Actually, I have driven one! @JayEmm's car about 1.5 years ago. It's what made me register on this site and start lurking/researching. Noticed the leather on his wheel was a bit funky as well, but as you say maybe it's just because it's shiny leather rather than a matte finish or something. 

• Gold FFM

The leather Lotus used on the 400's wheels was pretty cheap and not well suited to the task, my red 12 o'clock stripe started to fade within the first year. I had the wheel retrimmed by Royals at a very reasonable cost and had no problems after that.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

10 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

Royals

Yes Royal Steering wheels have retrimmed mine to great effect and very reasonable price.

ahh difference from s1 to 400 then.. mines pretty mint on the s1 and looks similar to those pics,   pictures can be miss leading  ..perhaps i need higher rating glasses 😂  

The best wheels are the MY12 ones. The Original wheel was IMHO too narrow and not sculpted enough, first thing I did on my S1 was to upgrade to a MY12 wheel (at the time they were only about £150). The MY12 wheel was thicker and more sculpted with a nice leather. The 400 wheel is a MY12 wheel with cheaper leather and (in my opinion) a stupid stripe.

Wish I'd taken my MY12 off my S1 when I sold it. I did think about asking Hofmanns to swap them at the time. Wish I had.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

@Colin P is right - leather and material quality took a big dive from S1 > 400. My original seat bolster was wearing within 6000 miles (that's ignoring the fabled creaking issue early 400s suffered from).

Looks nice though.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

7 hours ago, cib24 said:

I quite like this car as well as the Orange 400 at B&C, but I have been told the red alcantara is not a very nice shade in person and to steer clear of an early car such as this 2015:

I'd take it over an all black interior any day. The 2 tone interiors look good and lift the interior. That said the red leather (which is what mine is) is a touch brighter red than the alcantara.

No issues with my Sparco bolsters at 20K, they are wearing better than the Recaros did.

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

4 hours ago, Colin P said:

The best wheels are the MY12 ones. The Original wheel was IMHO too narrow and not sculpted enough, first thing I did on my S1 was to upgrade to a MY12 wheel (at the time they were only about £150). The MY12 wheel was thicker and more sculpted with a nice leather. The 400 wheel is a MY12 wheel with cheaper leather and (in my opinion) a stupid stripe.

Wish I'd taken my MY12 off my S1 when I sold it. I did think about asking Hofmanns to swap them at the time. Wish I had.

Your old one (mine) is back to a standard S1 wheel now, I guess Simon swapped them in his ownership?

love red interiors alcantara or leather.. 

the s1 lotus recaros cs 

47924875092_e7dab2a91b_k.jpg

• Like 2

I couldn't agree more! What is it with the current crop of new Evoras (and Exiges): every single one has an interior which looks like a study in tomb-like greyness! Why have all these gorgeous paint options on the exterior then sit in something so Gothic, when you could have something that looks as good as this car instead!

• Like 2