Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Removing cylinder head - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Removing cylinder head

8-ball

Just a quick question, is it possible to remove the cylinder head of the 910 in my SE without removing the engine from the car? If so will I need to remove the mounts and shift the block so to speak? 

Just looking at it then and though, mmm that looks tight (what isn’t on an Esprit though), so thought I’d better get some opinions before I pull the camtowers and then end up pulling the lump anyway.

• Gold FFM

Yup, I've done it a few times.  You'll need to raise the engine a little on that side to avoid manifold/chassis interference.  Bear in mind it's pretty heavy with manifold and turbo!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I always pull the lot out. it is not much more work and makes life a lot easier .. I also find you can do all the other maintenance jobs that tend to get ignored until they become a problem  at the same time .  Its more about personal choice how flexible you are , the facilities you have,and how much skin you have left on the back of your hand before you start ....  

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply’s. I don’t have an engine crane at home so would prefer to leave it in for now and don’t worry Barry I’m used to doing the belts and tensioner with it in 😁

Gives me a chance to get on with it tomorrow and find out where the compression from no4’s gone hiding. Hopefully just a valve, boroscope looked ok, but you never know.