Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Stevens wind deflector and roof bag - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Stevens wind deflector and roof bag

glynherron

2 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

I’ve already got a newly-trimmed and painted GRP roof in a bag that I haven’t used in over four years of ownership.

I’m just wondering whether it would be yet another piece of kit that will sit in the garage unused.

:D — So I gather you have a glass roof on the car? ^^

@Steve V8 >Yes, these are exactly why I bought the calypso red one! I haven't ordered the cans yet thought!
I suspect the ones from SJS are bare fibre and need a few more coatings before the colour and clear coat thought?

• Like 1

On 19/12/2018 at 02:41, Robert Weber said:

I do not see the listing for the deflector. Has it been sold?

If so, where does one go to find another as my S4 car is missing the deflector.

Thanks!

Bob 

Sorry Bob it's sold for the buy it now price.

13 hours ago, Giniw said:

:D — So I gather you have a glass roof on the car? ^^

Yes, glass roof. Never once put the GRP roof on!

Some say it's like a greenhouse with it on but I think it's pretty good at filtering out the heat, and it makes the cabin feel more open, and airy. In direct sunlight, if you put your hand under it, and then the windscreen the difference is obvious.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• 2 weeks later...

My Stevens SE 1990 came with the fiberroof and the Wind deflector in a bag as standard. No glassroof.

It was born as a full option car with all leather inside, Wind deflector, headlight washer system etc.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

7 hours ago, Bibs said:

Headlight washer? :huh:

Maybe some toothbrushes stuck to the front to give them a wipe when the lights went up & down? :rofl:

Cheers,

John W

12 hours ago, Bibs said:

Headlight washer? :huh:

I've seen a reference to those in the wiring diagrams, but am surprised to hear some cars actually had them fitted.

On the other hand, I thought all SE's had the removable glass roof and thus the deflector as standard? Maybe Little Red Ridinghood has been winterized? 

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one for sale - it's currently in Silver.

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica