Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 42 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

Tex

I read that “explanation” and it appears to be complete BS - it bears zero relationship to viewing what happened. 

the car dived hard right - no driver input other than turning the wheel hard would do that. And in the middle or end of a burnout - why would you do that, rather than leaving the wheel dead straight? 

From the line the rear was hanging out to the right which the driver was correcting by steering into it. Then he must have found some grip and it started to steer slightly right

Then lift-off over-steer. The driver tried to steer into it by pointing the wheels to the left but by this time he was heading to the bales.

16 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

@stevensr34 you’ve never had a drive shaft fail 

No - however this is a 4WD car so it should be far more stable under burnout conditions…

20 hours ago, Giniw said:

Why not, I mean, if a left wheel got more grip for any reason it would throw the car to the right, wouldn't it?

Look at the video again - no way it would head off that sharply purely by grip levels. 

and if it was due to that, then it’s not very well sorted, regarding handling….

I really don't know, I mean, have you seen the torque figures? If there are 4 wheels spinning, they have almost no grip, then imagine there is a wheel on one side which get sudden traction (I understand it's running on slicks), wouldn't it make the car spin violently like what we can see?
I also understand there was basically no traction control enabled on this car (not the street version), so ... seems plausible to me.
But I don't pretend to be a pilot, and especially not on such a monster, so maybe I am very wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevensr34 said:

No - however this is a 4WD car so it should be far more stable under burnout conditions…

I think it may have been running in 2WD mode. There was no smoke coming from the front tyres.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, stevensr34 said:

I read that “explanation” and it appears to be complete BS - it bears zero relationship to viewing what happened. 

the car dived hard right - no driver input other than turning the wheel hard would do that. And in the middle or end of a burnout - why would you do that, rather than leaving the wheel dead straight? 

You are probably right up to a point.

In the first image I have highlighted that the rear end of the car is sliding to the drivers right and in the windscreen I have highlighted where the drivers glove is, he is steering right into the slide. If you look closely at the video you can then see his glove move down as he straightens up the steering "wheel".

I don't know what the surface quality is like but in the second image you can clearly see daylight under the front right tyre, in other parts of the video you can see there is a crown to the road and there are dips.

evija 1.jpg

evija 3.jpg